Content Warning : Do you want to continue?
This forum post contains content which some readers may find disturbing.
It is unsuitable for children or anyone who is easily offended.
YES
I am over 18 years old, I have been warned and I still want to read this forum post.
NO
I don't want to read this type of content, take me back to the previous page.
Go to page:

No Topic -- how was your day? <3

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

Wanted to make a thread where people can post whatever they feel like (things you're excited about, what you're doing, reading, eating, ..how your day went, how you feel, basically anything you'd like to share). Nothing is off topic 😌

But let's keep this civil. This is meant to be a lighthearted positive thread 💗🥰
...not a debate type thread.

poet Anonymous

Ah, a speak your truth thread. How gorgeous :]

Christmas is a weird time for me. I quite often flit between crushing lows and good days around now, but I’m pleased to report today was a good day.

Work is all done for the day. Now I’m off to my monthly women’s group to craft. Which always cheers me up.

#StitchNBitch

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Just waking up...

Got my sleep , ready to write , interact with no flack , no fights ,
reap what I sow , you know how that goes , no soul attack !

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

Just another crazy day of trying to figure out my place in this world as a writer, while being a mom to ten, wife and bad BAD coffee maker. I'm reading about where to sell or promote  my first novel. Instead of making coffee. For shame.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Miss_Sub said:Ah, a speak your truth thread. How gorgeous :]

Christmas is a weird time for me. I quite often flit between crushing lows and good days around now, but I’m pleased to report today was a good day.

Work is all done for the day. Now I’m off to my monthly women’s group to craft. Which always cheers me up.

#StitchNBitch

Crushing lows. I can relate. Maybe I should stop whining and go make coffee.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Blackwolf said:Just waking up...

Got my sleep , ready to write , interact with no flack , no fights ,
reap what I sow , you know how that goes , no soul attack !

Huh uh! You got it too good! Go have ten kids.

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

yay! a blurt thread

made the pumpkin cheesecake (which turned into 2 since the stupid recipe was way too much for the one 9" pan they said it needed. house smells wonderful.

annyyyways, had some pumpkin left over (this is fresh pumpkin, ground up) so decided to try something i've not done before: a sort of meatloaf made with ground pork (from the pig we butchered the other week), the left over pumpkin, sage, onion, black pepper, salt, egg and a little panko to bind it. layered bacon across the top and it's cooking in the oven as we speak, almost ready. i cooked a small bit first in a pan, and it's juicy and sagey and peppery... pretty decent. nowi've gotta see how it turns out in this loaf thingy.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

butters said:yay! a blurt thread

made the pumpkin cheesecake (which turned into 2 since the stupid recipe was way too much for the one 9" pan they said it needed. house smells wonderful.

annyyyways, had some pumpkin left over (this is fresh pumpkin, ground up) so decided to try something i've not done before: a sort of meatloaf made with ground pork (from the pig we butchered the other week), the left over pumpkin, sage, onion, black pepper, salt, egg and a little panko to bind it. layered bacon across the top and it's cooking in the oven as we speak, almost ready. i cooked a small bit first in a pan, and it's juicy and sagey and peppery... pretty decent. nowi've gotta see how it turns out in this loaf thingy.

Noway! You're a farm girl!

And sounds like, a good cook, too. Mmm!

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

EdibleWords said:

Noway! You're a farm girl!

And sounds like, a good cook, too. Mmm!
grew up with countryside all around me, on the very outskirts of the greater london suburbs. in most directions there were crops, farmland, horses. then lived more town-life, surrounded by grey concrete, glass, metal, bright lights, night-life... got engaged to H, moved to america and live with him on what was once a working farm and is now pasture and woodland with ponds. neighbour grazes his cattle here and H's son raises a few pigs and needed to slaughter a couple. he killed and cleaned them before bringing them over here where we skinned and butchered the meat. first time i've done that with a pig!

just ate a big slice of the meatloaf...and it's good! moist, tender, a sweet/salt/peppery combo. his mother, though, who likes all her food cooked to virtual pap found it ' a little tough'. it wasn't, not at all. she's already murdered the green beans for thursday; they must have cooked at least 3 hours. *sigh* such a crime against the beautiful crisp green beans from our garden.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2264

Lately,
i find myself sleeping a lot more each day.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

butters said:grew up with countryside all around me, on the very outskirts of the greater london suburbs. in most directions there were crops, farmland, horses. then lived more town-life, surrounded by grey concrete, glass, metal, bright lights, night-life... got engaged to H, moved to america and live with him on what was once a working farm and is now pasture and woodland with ponds. neighbour grazes his cattle here and H's son raises a few pigs and needed to slaughter a couple. he killed and cleaned them before bringing them over here where we skinned and butchered the meat. first time i've done that with a pig!

just ate a big slice of the meatloaf...and it's good! moist, tender, a sweet/salt/peppery combo. his mother, though, who likes all her food cooked to virtual pap found it ' a little tough'. it wasn't, not at all. she's already murdered the green beans for thursday; they must have cooked at least 3 hours. *sigh* such a crime against the beautiful crisp green beans from our garden.

Glad to share a love of good garden food!

im both born and bred "apple pie" American currently living on a no pig ordinance property. Never raised a pig. You wouldn't know it to read my first novel!

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

I relate to this so hard I had to post it somewhere 😅😄

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2264

Umm said:I relate to this so hard I had to post it somewhere 😅😄

For some odd reason,
the pic reminds me of a time i was on my way to a job interview and drove over the hill of San Bruno, CA (a rural road in those days) and a frightened horse ran onto the road.
Because i knew i have a way with animals if i can touch them physically, i pulled over and calmly walked to the beastie and stroked her and guided her to the side of the road.  Her handler came outta the wooded area and thanked me.

The bad part of this is that i am extremely allergic to Horses and cattle and when i got to my interview i imagined i looked like i was on drugs or worse.  I explained what happened (knowing in my mind it sounded incredulous).  A couple days later i got the job.

inechoingsilence
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 317

I am so happy you got the job! Karma is real.  

My day has been complicated. I'm struggling with the cold and decreased sunlight. I've recently come out a very bad place creatively, and between the two, emotionally I have been all over the place. I'm keeping my head down to get through, trying to see the good and beautiful in what I can, and just taking it hour by hour.

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2251

It's been
a good day today
pleasant suprises
always
play away
untill they appear
through the haze