Go to page:

things you've made

LaBrujaOscura_75
Camilla Beatriz Flores
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 4th June 2022
Forum Posts: 47

Kou_Indigo said:I created this drawing using a simple black pen and some plain white printer paper. I made this, and a great many more like it, back during the late 90's and early 2000's before moving unto paintings and then digital artwork. Digital artwork being the type that I do now. I put this and all the rest of my artwork up on DeviantArt over the years. This type of artwork takes a LONG time to complete, and with the amount of detail that I like to add a single drawing can take, for me, days or weeks to complete depending on how much time I sink unto it. This drawing depicts the Biblical "War in Heaven" and features the archangels (from left to right) Gabriel, Michael, and Raphael. I chose to depict them more humanlike and without wings of any kind in this image. The fiery beings that are fighting the demons with them are Seraphim angels who are in some ancient texts referred to by the term "Fiery Serpents". The skeletal ghost-like beings are evil spirits, who are retreating from the angels... and the demons are the skeletal, reptilian horrors at the bottom of the scene. I tackled quite a few Biblical, spiritual, and religious subjects back then because at the time I was studying pretty much every religion and tended to discover in my studies a lot of interesting inspirations for artwork, and for some of my poetry during that time in my life. This is still one of my best black and white ink drawings of them all!

That drawing you did Kara look amazing! It remind of a little bit of the medieval woodcut style of artwork, especially the works of the artist Albrecht Dürer. This a very good style, and I like what you did with it there. I thought your explanation about it was very good thought out, the way you explained some of the details you put into it. But I always liked your artwork no matter what style you make it in! Show more sometime, I find them interesting works that show a very nice eye for the details.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

I'm still making wax melts. I added candle making to the pot.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

Magdalena said:I'm still making wax melts. I added candle making to the pot.

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1739

Tablet-woven yoga strap with kumihimo ends, for one of my daughters

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

And for another one of my daughters

robert43041
Viking
Tyrant of Words
Canada 43awards
Joined 30th July 2020
Forum Posts: 918

Lovely and very intricate. Many hours of work certainly.  PS: I make tote bags from ''left over'' fabrics.  Probably takes about one hour to make one...........

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 885

Those are just beautiful, Josh!  I love the meditative practice of weaving and kumihimo.  Reminds me, I’ve been meaning to get my marudai out and do some braiding.    

Grae
Bryan Gray
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 9th Oct 2014
Forum Posts: 8

A spice shelf I made for a friend. It's a simple design but I like it. Satin black with a layered distressed stain.

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

robert43041 said:Lovely and very intricate. Many hours of work certainly.  PS: I make tote bags from ''left over'' fabrics.  Probably takes about one hour to make one...........

Thank you Robert. The main time is deciding what pattern I want to do and then setting up the warp appropriately. I'm guessing it takes about 8-10 hours to make one.
Got a pic of one of your tote bags made from leftovers?

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

LunaGreyhawk said:Those are just beautiful, Josh!  I love the meditative practice of weaving and kumihimo.  Reminds me, I’ve been meaning to get my marudai out and do some braiding.    

Thank you Luna. I remember seeing a picture of your marudai with work-in-progress some time back. For me also weaving is a great meditative practice. We run a little weaving/knitting studio at our house once a week which is a good time of real conversation too. All the best for 2023, Josh.

Liziantus-Marantus
Ivelina Boneva
Thought Provoker
Bulgaria
Joined 7th Nov 2018
Forum Posts: 97

Middle page of my sketchbook. Did a candyland landscape type illustration a while ago.

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Liziantus-Marantus said:Middle page of my sketchbook. Did a candyland landscape type illustration a while ago.

What a wonderful illustration -- so much movement with a subtle feel of 3D. Best regards, Josh.

Sedic_J_Huxwell
Sedic J. Huxwell
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 21st Jan 2023
Forum Posts: 4

Not actually a physical thing but I just updated my profile picture for all of my social media sites that contain my poetry. It's this profile picture I'm using here. Did it in photoshop elements 5 days ago. Also a most recent drawing I did.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14580

Well, she won't post this but I certainly will! I am in awe of this stunning, handcrafted, beaded leather bookmark I received from LunaGrayHawk! I knew it was beautiful from the photos; however, had no idea of the remarkable craftsmanship until I saw it in person!

I would place it in my favorite book; however, I'd rather display it! 🙏❤

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Sedic_J_Huxwell said:Not actually a physical thing but I just updated my profile picture for all of my social media sites that contain my poetry. It's this profile picture I'm using here. Did it in photoshop elements 5 days ago. Also a most recent drawing I did.

I'm in awe and wonder of people who can draw; nicely done. Best regards, Josh.

Go to page:
Go to: