Kou_Indigo
Kara L. Pythiana-Ashton
Tyrant of Words
United States 68awards
Joined 15th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2784

JohnnyBlaze said:

Yes, all that detail work is stunning.

I am delighted to see that you've noticed the little details... to me, it is those smaller things that really add to an image's overall power. That "wow" factor, so to speak! I remember way back when I first started with black and white ink drawings... I always loved adding the tiny, minute details to them, and fleshing out my ideas until what came out on paper matched the vision I had in my mind for whatever it was that I was striving to depict. I guess you could say I've had a lifelong love for art in all of its' diverse forms... be it art, music, or writing! *Smiles* :)

Kou_Indigo
Kara L. Pythiana-Ashton
Tyrant of Words
United States 68awards
Joined 15th Sep 2011

Here is one of my most recent works of art from my gallery over at DeviantArt. This one is called "Seraphim Descending". Here is the description I wrote for it as it appears in my gallery:

"A powerful and transcendent vision of a Seraphim Angel descending from Heaven in all of her power and glory. She is a wholly androgynous being, bereft of all the trappings of the mortal conception of gender, but like all Angels identifies as the gender of her choice. In her case, that would be female. Her blue skin is covered in tiny blue eyes, and all of her eyes glow with a bluish radiance. Six red wings spread out from her back, and two smaller wings crown her equally red hair. These great wings are manifestations of the divine fire from which she was first created, and which is ever a part of her being. Normally, when dealing with mortals, she uses her wings to cover her otherworldly and inhuman form, lest the sight of her revealed overwhelm the senses. But when she prepares to do battle with the forces of evil, as she is doing here, she reveals herself fully... and wields a sword of pure divine fire, ablaze with flame the entire length of the blade. This is how such a being makes ready for combat... and here, at one of the very portals to Heaven itself... she will drive forth whatever darkness comes nigh!"

Kou_Indigo
Kara L. Pythiana-Ashton
Tyrant of Words
United States 68awards
Joined 15th Sep 2011

In comparison, this black and white ink drawing was my earliest attempt to depict a Seraphim. As you can see it is similar to "Seraphim Descending" but a lot more basic. I also, in the drawing, made the Angel more human-like by not showing its' body covered in glowing eyes. Something I decided to go all-out with in "Seraphim Descending". The eyes are just something that work best in color.

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

Image not  my own (google free images )

Quote "You Make Life Bearable"
©Valeriya

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

Josh said:Hand-woven hexagonal baby blanket made from 12 diamond-shapes, delivered to a friend's new baby today - part of our role as 'adopting grandparents' in the local community since we hardly ever get to see our own grandchildren these days.

This has given me such a warm feeling very cool Josh!!

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1337

I’ve started making my own sandwich buns/rolls. I also made 13 dozen homemade bread rolls for a local place that served a community Easter dinner.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5601

There’s nothing like the smell of fresh bread. 😋

Awesome job!

PatheticPapist
Saber Bob
Strange Creature
Joined 11th Apr 2021
Forum Posts: 2

Squat & Overhead Press Stands.

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1688

PatheticPapist said:Squat & Overhead Press Stands.

Hi PP, welcome to DUP. I'm assuming the upper part of both uprights are fixed to the wall for stability (the orange extension lead suggests it but I can't see exactly). Best regards, Josh.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

Made my own hand poured wax melts with the fragrance/essential oils I mix.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Magdalena said:Made my own hand poured wax melts with the fragrance/essential oils I mix.

Love a good wax melt, me 👌🏻 Very pretty! What fragrances do you have in there?

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012

Northern_Soul said:

Love a good wax melt, me 👌🏻 Very pretty! What fragrances do you have in there?

I've made up 2 different mixes, one with 3 oils and another with 6 oils, the 3 is my favourite, I call it Jipsie, I used Champa flower in it, which smells amazing. I don't have a name for the second, but it smells fresh, not sweet, or sickly.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Magdalena said:

I've made up 2 different mixes, one with 3 oils and another with 6 oils, the 3 is my favourite, I call it Jipsie, I used Champa flower in it, which smells amazing. I don't have a name for the second, but it smells fresh, not sweet, or sickly.

Sounds divine whatever it is Champa flower is beautiful tho. 💚

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012

Northern_Soul said:

Sounds divine whatever it is Champa flower is beautiful tho. 💚

It is I can't remember which ones I've used off the top of my head. My books where I write everything down and all of my oils are at my mums. Myself and my sister make them and soap, as we spend most of our time there.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Have to get yourself a little online cottage business there, lady. Everyone loves a wax melt 😊

Go to page:
Go to: