Josh
Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Portugal
35awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 930

Ahavati said:OMG! Josh! That is simply STUNNING!

Thank you on behalf of both of us  

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
100awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10284

Josh said:

Thank you on behalf of both of us  

If you make another, please let me know!

Josh
Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Portugal
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Door-handle on the work-shop

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

That is beautiful!

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
12awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3501

Josh...

Why is not the door itself , made of wood ?

Josh
Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Portugal
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Ahavati said: That is beautiful!

Thank you. Sometimes when pruning or digging out an old root you see 'another life' in front of you inherent in Nature's twists and turns. I was lucky to come across this one.

Josh
Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Portugal
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Blackwolf said:Josh...

Why is not the door itself , made of wood ?

Good point. When we bought the house, it had been largely restored (from a ruin) by the previous owners, including doors, windows, roof and basic plumbing/elec. Have left it all as was ... but you've given me an idea ... thanks.

Josh
Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Portugal
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Hand-woven hexagonal baby blanket made from 12 diamond-shapes, delivered to a friend's new baby today - part of our role as 'adopting grandparents' in the local community since we hardly ever get to see our own grandchildren these days.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

That is just stunning. How special. I LOVE how you're adopting grandchildren! Children cannot have too much love. Ever.

Josh
Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Portugal
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Ahavati said:That is just stunning. How special. I LOVE how you're adopting grandchildren! Children cannot have too much love. Ever.

He's a lovely baby - with Zimbabwean/Polish parents.

Kou_Indigo
Kou_Indigo
Kara Lucielle Pythiana
Dangerous Mind
United States
61awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2542

I created this rather exquisite self-portrait of me, which I published a while back over on DeviantArt, where I go by the name TLadyJessica. It is a depiction of me as Queen Tiamat... the ancient Sumerian goddess of Chaos.

Kou_Indigo
Kou_Indigo
Kara Lucielle Pythiana
Dangerous Mind
United States
Joined 15th Sep 2011

Being a Wiccan and Gnostic High Priestess, one of the things I had to do was construct my own wand... I created two over the years, but the best one by far was my original, which I still have to this day. Here is a photo of me holding it. I carved it from a piece of wood that I found in a "Faerie Ring", that is to say a ring of toadstools, in the woods at a park near where I used to live. The same woods in which I had both several sacred visions of the Greek Goddess Diana Lucifera and the Celtic Goddess Dana. Regarding the wand's construction... I mounted a clear gemstone at the tip of it, and held it in place with two black cords. Then I added a couple of yellow ribbons (which hold a sacred, symbolic significance in my spiritual beliefs) and I deemed it complete. I had also washed the wand in water I had blessed and consecrated, before drying it and decorating and then placing it on my Wiccan shrine in order to imbue it with sacred energy. Constructing a true "magic" wand is no simple thing, unlike creating a simple decorative wand... but requires effort, dedication, and no small amount of spiritual energy on the part of the Witch or Warlock who embarks on such a creation. Mine was well worth the making though, since it has served me well over the years... and it is pretty besides. My other "magic" wand has rainbow-colored ribbons that crisscross the whole length of it, and has a purple gemstone mounted into it, but regrettably I have no pictures of me holding that one.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Love that portrait, Kou_Indigo.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 4950

Ahavati said:Love that portrait, Kou_Indigo.

Yes, all that detail work is stunning.

Kou_Indigo
Kou_Indigo
Kara Lucielle Pythiana
Dangerous Mind
United States
Joined 15th Sep 2011

Ahavati said:Love that portrait, Kou_Indigo.

Many thanks, Ahavati! I have always loved art with as great a passion as I adore writing... there are some things that can only be expressed through a visual medium, just as certain other things can only be conveyed through words. To me, both art forms are mutually complementary of each other.

Go to page:
Go to: