They are all genderfree btw.
I'd appreciate any feedback!

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1688

Cool drawings - evocative images. I'm waiting for the book they will illustrate to be finished too. 🌷

Billy_Snagg
Rist Jizzmann
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 37awards
Joined 14th Apr 2018
Forum Posts: 235

Josh said:Cool drawings - evocative images. I'm waiting for the book they will illustrate to be finished too. 🌷Oh yeah Josh, I've done loads of that stuff. 😉 Seriously, no I haven't but I am equally looking forward to the new book as much as you.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

VeronikaB said:And 'Poppy' and 'Lily' (3/3)
They are all genderfree btw.
I'd appreciate any feedback!

You're doing great. And I have nothing but praise for anyone that can draw from their imaginations.

VeronikaB
Twisted Dreamer
Palestine
Joined 17th Aug 2020
Forum Posts: 27

Thank you so much! That's very encouraging. The funny thing is, drawing seems to activate the imagination. (I'd encourage anyone to give it a try...)
Since drawing my "flower fairies" and other "elementals" I've started dreaming about them. Now new creatures come "creeping up on me" out of nowhere. I must say, I hadn't expected that at all.
On the other hand, why wouldn't they? It's very much like writing. You start writing a story, create characters, build a world and all that stuff, and it takes on a life of itself.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

VeronikaB said:Thank you so much! That's very encouraging. The funny thing is, drawing seems to activate the imagination. (I'd encourage anyone to give it a try...)
Since drawing my "flower fairies" and other "elementals" I've started dreaming about them. Now new creatures come "creeping up on me" out of nowhere. I must say, I hadn't expected that at all.
On the other hand, why wouldn't they? It's very much like writing. You start writing a story, create characters, build a world and all that stuff, and it takes on a life of itself.

That which is like unto itself, is drawn. ~ Abraham

They are delightful, Veronika. I can just see them in a childrens' book!

VeronikaB
Twisted Dreamer
Palestine
Joined 17th Aug 2020
Forum Posts: 27

Well, THANK YOU so much, Ahavati!
As it happens, I am writing that childrens' book....
I'm nearing the end (of the current draft) and had the bright idea to reactivate some rusty drawing skills (I'm quite pleased with them so far, but needed feedback to check whether I'm deluding myself). I'm planning to enter a childrens' novel competition in a couple of months, and thought that my sketches might make it stand out from the slushpile. Your feedback is fanning the embers of hope!!! <3

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

VeronikaB said:Well, THANK YOU so much, Ahavati!
As it happens, I am writing that childrens' book....
I'm nearing the end (of the current draft) and had the bright idea to reactivate some rusty drawing skills (I'm quite pleased with them so far, but needed feedback to check whether I'm deluding myself). I'm planning to enter a childrens' novel competition in a couple of months, and thought that my sketches might make it stand out from the slushpile. Your feedback is fanning the embers of hope!!! <3

It will definitely make it stand out, particularly if they're original. Illustrations are the cherry on top when it comes to children's books, imho. Best of luck in your endeavor and keep us posted so we can post it in the DU author's thread! I don't think we have a children's author yet?

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

Angus!!

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Valeriyabeyond said:Angus!!

I can see now that Angus is multi-dimensional, like humans

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Valeriyabeyond said:Angus!!

I feel like I'm back in the 70's melded to a bean bag chair listening to Procol Harum.

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Medicine-Blanket Poncho, now finished.
Weaving done by me on my own invented loom
Felting, joining and modeling by Veronika.
Pic 1 of 3 -

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

pic 2 of 3

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Pic 3 of 3 ... and this shows the diagonal twill weave best.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

OMG! Josh! That is simply STUNNING!

Go to page:
Go to: