anna_grin said:thats cool af hope it goes well

Thank you.

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1751

The first of two hand-woven triangles for a poncho (see p.30) for someone is now completed. So I'll take it off the loom shortly and start all over again

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

... closer up ...

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2296

Josh said:and in case "YarnShifting" hasn't yet reached your neck of the woods ... (written by me & Veronika back in 2004) ...

INCREDILBE!!!  Wow!!

You could "make a mint" if You could create Pentagrams or Pentacles
and sell online!!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14645

Josh said:... closer up ...

Holy Yarn, Batman!

Josh that's remarkable! I would LOVE to order one pending it doesn't drain my bank account!

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Ahavati said:

Holy Yarn, Batman!

Josh that's remarkable! I would LOVE to order one pending it doesn't drain my bank account!

Er... well ... I make things as gifts for people, I don't sell them. I do creative work for its own sake. I know it's an old-hat way of thinking to the detriment of creative artists -- and I'm not pooh-poohing selling my creative work -- and one day I might -- but I'm in a phase where I see weaving as 'medicine clothing' or an alternative type of 'power-dressing'.
For me, hand-weaving is an archetypal act of empowerment for both weaver and the one who receives the gift. A very wet winter is giving plenty of reason to have to stay with an indoor project --  and put outside work like the dome-greenhouse on the back-burner (mind you, I have completed 96 out of 112 triangular windows. They're stacked up in the guest-bedroom)

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Tallen said:

INCREDILBE!!!  Wow!!

You could "make a mint" if You could create Pentagrams or Pentacles
and sell online!!

We've done pentagons but not a pentagram. I made a special set of yarnshifting 'corners' and reeds for 5-sided shapes -- but burnt the equipment a few years back because we are overloaded with stuff. Well, I can always make them again I suppose

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Josh said:

Er... well ... I make things as gifts for people, I don't sell them. I do creative work for its own sake. I know it's an old-hat way of thinking to the detriment of creative artists -- and I'm not pooh-poohing selling my creative work -- and one day I might -- but I'm in a phase where I see weaving as 'medicine clothing' or an alternative type of 'power-dressing'.
For me, hand-weaving is an archetypal act of empowerment for both weaver and the one who receives the gift. A very wet winter is giving plenty of reason to have to stay with an indoor project --  and put outside work like the dome-greenhouse on the back-burner (mind you, I have completed 96 out of 112 triangular windows. They're stacked up in the guest-bedroom)

Well that's kind of you but I'll at least send you a painting or something in return.  

I'm thinking more of a wall hanging with a symbol. . .if you can weave in a symbol?

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Ahavati said:

Well that's kind of you but I'll at least send you a painting or something in return.  

I'm thinking more of a wall hanging with a symbol. . .if you can weave in a symbol?

I wasn't offering anything to anyone. I was merely sharing part of my creative process.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Josh said:

I wasn't offering anything to anyone. I was merely sharing part of my creative process.

I didn't think you were; I was asking ( and at the same time, refusing to accept it for free; but, rather, exchange for something I had made ).

I thought a hand-woven wall hanging would be stellar. Not that I can't purchase one. But, having one made by someone you know adds that special touch.

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Ahavati said:

I didn't think you were; I was asking ( and at the same time, refusing to accept it for free; but, rather, exchange for something I had made ).

I thought a hand-woven wall hanging would be stellar. Not that I can't purchase one. But, having one made by someone you know adds that special touch.

noted

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Go to page:
Go to: