things you've made

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
91awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7948

FANTASTIC, SOCKS! So happy to hear you're moving forward so positively. Love all the work and you should snap a shot of that ceiling soon!

socksscareme
socksscareme
Socks
Fire of Insight
Ireland
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 197

Thanks bunches, Ahavati! Been having an issue with the UV light I got, it doesn't flood the room like I had hoped so once I sort that out I'll get a quick snap of it.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Looking forward to it, Socks. As well as the new album.

LunaGreyhawk
LunaGreyhawk
Fire of Insight
United States
5awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 274

Iím braiding rope on a new marudai today, and itís turning out beautifully ♥️

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Nice!

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
11awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 2898

Very nicely done , Luna...

And I love the color of the rope...

Did you as well , dye it ?

LunaGreyhawk
LunaGreyhawk
Fire of Insight
United States
Joined 8th July 2019

Blackwolf said:Very nicely done , Luna...

And I love the color of the rope...

Did you as well , dye it ?

Thank you, Ahavati and Blackwolf!  I didnít dye it myself; itís spun silk thread I buy already dyed 😊.  

Josh
Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Portugal
35awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 811

LunaGreyhawk said:Iím braiding rope on a new marudai today, and itís turning out beautifully ♥️

That looks cool Luna, well done for avoiding it twisting up on itself. Nice to see a pic of kumihimo in the making. (I spent 6 years making weaving looms & accessories, 2001-7, inspired by a visit to Japan in 2000 where we came across the "Saori" movement and the family involved celebrating their 30th anniverseary - purely coincidental - but we came back with one of their neat 'fold-up' looms, which led to me inventing the YarnShifter hand-weaving loom [a meccano kit for weavers]).

socksscareme
socksscareme
Socks
Fire of Insight
Ireland
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 197

Did the second coat of black in there and decided I like it better without the UV light anyway, so I set the tripod up. My phone won't capture the whole ceiling, it's a 10m sq room, so here are some bits, definitely my largest canvas to date.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

WOW!

LunaGreyhawk
LunaGreyhawk
Fire of Insight
United States
Joined 8th July 2019

Josh said:

That looks cool Luna, well done for avoiding it twisting up on itself. Nice to see a pic of kumihimo in the making. (I spent 6 years making weaving looms & accessories, 2001-7, inspired by a visit to Japan in 2000 where we came across the "Saori" movement and the family involved celebrating their 30th anniverseary - purely coincidental - but we came back with one of their neat 'fold-up' looms, which led to me inventing the YarnShifter hand-weaving loom [a meccano kit for weavers]).

Thatís incredible, Josh!  Iím a huge fan of all things string, especially kumihimo! I had a beautiful Japanese marudai that my cousin brought back when he visited ears ago, but it was broken in the move to ND .

I decided to take on a project for a friend of mine who is a shibari artist.  My tiny little hybrid marudai wouldnít fit the threads I needed to make a 16-strand 40-ft rope, so I improvised and made my own from a bar stool, a knitting circle, and a lazy Susan lol.  My tamas are antique industrial spools.  It works fine and dandy for the project, if I can ever get my tension just right, that is .

LunaGreyhawk
LunaGreyhawk
Fire of Insight
United States
Joined 8th July 2019

socksscareme said:Did the second coat of black in there and decided I like it better without the UV light anyway, so I set the tripod up. My phone won't capture the whole ceiling, it's a 10m sq room, so here are some bits, definitely my largest canvas to date.

That is beautiful, wow!

Josh
Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Portugal
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

LunaGreyhawk said:

Thatís incredible, Josh!  Iím a huge fan of all things string, especially kumihimo! I had a beautiful Japanese marudai that my cousin brought back when he visited ears ago, but it was broken in the move to ND .

I decided to take on a project for a friend of mine who is a shibari artist.  My tiny little hybrid marudai wouldnít fit the threads I needed to make a 16-strand 40-ft rope, so I improvised and made my own from a bar stool, a knitting circle, and a lazy Susan lol.  My tamas are antique industrial spools.  It works fine and dandy for the project, if I can ever get my tension just right, that is .

That looks like a very creative solution to me, Luna; simple, elegant and nicely done.

Josh
Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Portugal
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Made this soap display unit for a friend last Saturday ...

Josh
Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Portugal
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

... and here it is displaying her wonderful soap.

Go to page:
Go to: