Format for POEM OF THE MONTH?

66.67% • 14 votes • A. One winner in a given month, that poet cannot win again in the calendar, and should not be nominated until the next year.
19.05% • 4 votes • B. Any poet can win in the given month, and poets can multiple times per year.
14.29% • 3 votes • C. Choice A or B with the addendum that least three competitions set aside for new poets and or those with less than 10 wins
Total votes: 21
Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

Format for POEM OF THE MONTH?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14647

lepperochan said:(On the contrary, I think it's much better for everyone if you answer for him )

he is the founder of a thing which has done much good for many members.I and most people appreciate it

He was the founder of a few things that have done good for many - and I am happy you appreciate it.

however, by his own admission he used the NaPo  as a medium to post nasty poems aimed at other members . I still have a screen shot of you'd like me to post ?

I understand  it wasnt the nice ethos of the challenge to do it, but he done it anyway obviously with your blessing  or your have Talked him outta it

LOL! What interests me the most, Craic, is that you have to go back to what, 2016 in attempts to assassinate his good character?!  Anything recent? Say, the last THREE years, maybe?  And remember, he was not the ONLY one who posted nasty poems ( I believe one of your friends' poetry was hidden too? ). Now THIS is the Craic I knew. I had really hoped you changed - but no. . .

Should we judge you for your past?  Should I post some of the things you've said and done to me? Particularly regarding attempted bullying behind the scenes?  I didn't think so.

Shall we return to the topic and move FORWARD, or would you like to keep changing it to fuel a need for drama on the board?  

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2387

Ahavati said:

LOL! What interests me the most, Craic, is that you have to go back to what, 2016   in attempts to assassinate his character?! Anything recent? Say, the last THREE years, maybe?  Now THIS is the Craic I know. I had really hoped you changed - but no. . .

Should I post some of the things you've said and done to me? Particularly regarding attempted bullying behind the scenes?  I didn't think so.

Shall we return to the topic, or would you like to keep changing it to fuel a need for drama on the board?  

lol 😂

This was an interesting thread before the drama and off topic stuff happened. The poem of the month comp is awesome and I hope it gets sorted out. JohnnyBlazes post about public lynching, and attack on the ability of mods to discuss things amongst themselves was unnecessary.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14458

trying to be fair is all :)-   we all have things which we are less than  proud of . I have no will to lynch anyone.  I thought that particular NaPo was stained with hate and cindictiveness

if we agree, happy days

I look forward to the next one

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2387

Well said Lepp 💯

Lets get this thread back on topic.

LobodeSanPedro said:How should DUP’s POEM OF MONTH be formatted?

Vote and discuss ... there’s no right or wrong answer to this, the goal is to spotlight great writing.

Thank you Ahavati for suggesting the open forum.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

lepperochan said:trying to be fair is all :)-   we all have things which we are less than  proud of . I have no will to lynch anyone.  I thought that particular NaPo was stained with hate and cindictiveness

if we agree, happy days

I look forward to the next one

We agree.  It was not one of DU's most outstanding years all the way around. But they have increasingly become better and better since then. Reverting to the past is bad JuJu and serves no purpose except to learn from it. Hopefully we all have.

NaPo 2020 is going to be awesome!

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14458

cool, there are many who look forward to it.    

please continue workin out the new comp parameters

poet Anonymous

lepperochan said:I think, going forward we need a host of this competition who can give 100% to running it. someone who is unbiest  and uncomfortable hiding entries which meet criteria

there was a handful of poems hidden from the voting process, when flagged by members  no actual answers were forthcoming

poems which clearly fell foul of the criteria were kept and some of those within the parameters were hidden.

Agree. With all these points. If you’re gonna do a job, don’t do it half-arsed.

I’ll tell you why I’m narked off.

1. Poems were hidden that didn’t break any rules, and that feels very fkn personal.

2. I have (and the whole Poetcast team have) spent a lot of time promoting the winners of this comp to try and give it a little extra lift and support the venture, and that effort has frankly been shat on.

3. I’d be taking this a lot better if I’d got some sort of fkn apology. But as of yet, nothing. Zilch. Not even a remote sorry or explanation... and as it stands I will refrain from ever entering this again.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2296

Sigh    

(need more mortar mix for the underground structure............)

poet Anonymous

... dafuq?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Tallen said:Sigh    

(need more mortar mix for the underground structure............)

Totally.  

There are cracks in the foundation and FRESH NEW mortar would seal them.  ( That's not a bad thing. )

#silverlining #newblood

poet Anonymous

Not sure what the obsession with new blood is all of a sudden.

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

well, this is how it looks to me, as a newcomer: shit happens. when people are in the mix, human fallibility's a given now and again.

october's comp looks pretty much a washout (WITH NO OFFENSE TO ITS WINNER!) due to unresolved issues which have pissed people off. did anyone offer to help lobo? (they may have, i do NOT know the background stuff) perhaps he was overwhelmed this time because of real-life crap and could have used some assistance. to publicly slate him seems dramatic but i'm all for well-run competitions/events.

pieces still hidden that didn't appear to break the parameters, and—maybe as significantly—that one piece appearing 3 times despite many mentions of it, all up as vote-worthy? yes, gonna piss people off.

but y'all need to chill your arses, guys. don't fight about it, sort it out instead.

/myhumbleopinion

:p

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

butters said:well, this is how it looks to me, as a newcomer: shit happens. when people are in the mix, human fallibility's a given now and again.

october's comp looks pretty much a washout (WITH NO OFFENSE TO ITS WINNER!) due to unresolved issues which have pissed people off. did anyone offer to help lobo? (they may have, i do NOT know the background stuff) perhaps he was overwhelmed this time because of real-life crap and could have used some assistance. to publicly slate him seems dramatic but i'm all for well-run competitions/events.

pieces still hidden that didn't appear to break the parameters, and—maybe as significantly—that one piece appearing 3 times despite many mentions of it, all up as vote-worthy? yes, gonna piss people off.

but y'all need to chill your arses, guys. don't fight about it, sort it out instead.

/myhumbleopinion

:p

poet Anonymous

No one is publicly slating him.

We are expressing our frustration.

Y’know that thing we’re entitled to do.

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

Miss_Sub said:No one is publicly slating him.

We are expressing our frustration.

Y’know that thing we’re entitled to do.
of course you're allowed to 'express your frustration'. never implied anything different, especially given i was expressing my own within the mix right in that post.

but this? this i call 'slating', and by a mod, too:
gonna say, if the host had bouts feelings which allow him to pick and choose who goes and who stays regardless of the rules then we need a new host
I think, going forward we need a host of this competition who can give 100% to running it. someone who is unbiest  and uncomfortable hiding entries which meet criteria
this clearly implies lobo might be biased and 'comfortable with hiding entries which meet criteria'
seems a pretty shitty thing to say, to me. if he IS guilty of this, then i reserve the right to be hacked off with that, too, but don't tell me that's anything other than slating someone. that dog won't hunt.

Go to page:
Go to: