Go to page:

Fuck Facebook with a leftist strap-on

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/30/tech/facebook-fake-trump-page/index.html?cid=web-alerts&nsid=88716978

there's that whole facebook free speech thing
wonder how much money it scammed from people who thought they were donating to trump?

New York (CNN Business)Even as its executives were out fiercely defending its policies on political ads this month, Facebook (FB) was allowing an obviously fake page that purported to be linked to President Trump's reelection campaign to run ads on its platform. The ads directed users to an online donation portal that claimed to be a way to donate to the Trump campaign.

The Trump campaign told CNN on Wednesday that the page, called "DonaldTrumpCampaign," was not affiliated with the real campaign and called it a "scam." After CNN contacted Facebook for comment, the company removed the page, saying it broke the platform's rules on impersonation. The page's permissions to run political ads had been "mistakenly applied," Facebook said.

seems the same 'bad actor' was running something on instagram, too. paypal was collecting the money for an address given that turned out to be a grocery store where no one knew about the scam.

poet Anonymous

butters said:https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/30/tech/facebook-fake-trump-page/index.html?cid=web-alerts&nsid=88716978

there's that whole facebook free speech thing
wonder how much money it scammed from people who thought they were donating to trump?

New York (CNN Business)Even as its executives were out fiercely defending its policies on political ads this month, Facebook (FB) was allowing an obviously fake page that purported to be linked to President Trump's reelection campaign to run ads on its platform. The ads directed users to an online donation portal that claimed to be a way to donate to the Trump campaign.

The Trump campaign told CNN on Wednesday that the page, called "DonaldTrumpCampaign," was not affiliated with the real campaign and called it a "scam." After CNN contacted Facebook for comment, the company removed the page, saying it broke the platform's rules on impersonation. The page's permissions to run political ads had been "mistakenly applied," Facebook said.

seems the same 'bad actor' was running something on instagram, too. paypal was collecting the money for an address given that turned out to be a grocery store where no one knew about the scam.

Reminds me of this skit...

https://youtu.be/Qm6kl17HH9s

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

Commentonly said:

Reminds me of this skit...

https://youtu.be/Qm6kl17HH9s
funny stuff

and he's not wrong... it's not like the registered charities (those with retail outlets, can't speak for others) pay their shop staff much; it's a pittance, for the workload, and even so only a few get paid... the majority are volunteer workers. yes, there are overheads, but posh uber-expensive london headquarters aren't a necessity; nor are expensive-to-produce ads and literature/'free gifts'. the one i worked at first as a volunteer showed us pretty pie charts about how 100% of the monies were spent. didn't tell us that was 100% of the money they allocated to spending, the other 83 or more percent went who the freak knows where? and this charity DID have posh london headquarters with bloody crystal chandeliers and posh office staff. others i worked for were progressively better, and not run as some paper tax-loss to benefit the associated nobs.

2%
yep, 2%.. that's all it requires for you to nominate as what gets spent on the actual charity's work for you to be able to get registered as a legit charity. people give you stuff. for free. most your workforce goes unpaid. it's pretty disgusting.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Mike Pence, oh yeah, that's for sure: In other news, Bernie Sanders is a sack of lung mucus and Joe Biden is a creepy sack of shit.

as for political adds you can only sort out the issue of truth and facts if you ban all political adds - both sides are consummate liars and I do not want to see ads from any of those mother suckers.

Carpe_Noctem
Tyrant of Words
Spain 8awards
Joined 3rd Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 2915

We should arrest all the politicians

badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
19awards
Joined 3rd May 2014
Forum Posts: 433

Bravo...bravo...bravo.

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

LOL - It is not possible that a conclusion or a set of conclusions could be arrived at on this and many other subjects. You've got the Mongols to the right and the Mongols to the left - those in the middle will be slaughtered or at least disenfranchised - such is the history of man - no lessons learned

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2252

On
the turning away
on the things
that you believed in
on