Go to page:

Ask the person below you a question

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

Ahavati said:

Yes!  I follow her on Twitter! Did you know she updated her cover with that photo! They are so threatened by her.

https://www.businessinsider.com/nancy-pelosi-twitter-cover-photo-trump-meltdown-insult-2019-10

Do you agree that some people never change

she's more presidential than either him or pence and i love the fact she was re-elected as speaker so gets to be in those meetings that seem to be otherwise all male. strong women, quietly spoken yet intelligent and unabashed, threaten them soooo bad.

some don't—i think it's a choice in many cases, won't rather than can't. i usually hope most will. i certainly have changed: changed for the worse, then changed for the better.

what temps are you most comfortable in and do you love 4 defined seasons?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

butters said:she's more presidential than either him or pence and i love the fact she was re-elected as speaker so gets to be in those meetings that seem to be otherwise all male. strong women, quietly spoken yet intelligent and unabashed, threaten them soooo bad.

some don't—i think it's a choice in many cases, won't rather than can't. i usually hope most will. i certainly have changed: changed for the worse, then changed for the better.

what temps are you most comfortable in and do you love 4 defined seasons?

Autumn is definitely my season. I do love four defined seasons as well - there is magic in all of them from childhood memories and adulting experiences. I hate to see that fade for my grandson.  Though it is written that ye will only know the seasons by the leaves on the trees. . .

Do you have a firepit?

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

Ahavati said:

Autumn is definitely my season. I do love four defined seasons as well - there is magic in all of them from childhood memories and adulting experiences. I hate to see that fade for my grandson.  Though it is written that ye will only know the seasons by the leaves on the trees. . .

Do you have a firepit?
yeah, but it's not a pretty sit-around one, more for burning brush and paper-based trash we do have some big old bonfires, though. I'd love a pretty firepit but we don't really need one right now.

can you go to sleep and tell yourself a time to wake up and do it without setting an alarm?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

butters said: yeah, but it's not a pretty sit-around one, more for burning brush and paper-based trash we do have some big old bonfires, though. I'd love a pretty firepit but we don't really need one right now.

can you go to sleep and tell yourself a time to wake up and do it without setting an alarm?

I actually can. My alarm clock is only for when I decide to go back to sleep!

Do you feel the weather improves your mood, i.e. - this beautiful southern weather contributing to a light and happy feeling?  Conversely, a cold, bitter day contributing the opposite?

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

no and yes

are some people evil?

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

David_Macleod said:no and yes

are some people evil?

it's my belief that some people are inherently more aligned with 'good' acts than bad, and some embrace their ability and preference to perpetuate 'bad' ones. there are also those unable to tell the difference. those i'd not term 'evil; as a general name, i'd call those who embrace the dark side of their nature in order to harm others 'evil' but i do not believe a person is EVIL in a biblical sense, nor 'good' in a saintly one. most of us have choices. we are known through those choices.

cashews or walnuts?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

butters said:
it's my belief that some people are inherently more aligned with 'good' acts than bad, and some embrace their ability and preference to perpetuate 'bad' ones. there are also those unable to tell the difference. those i'd not term 'evil; as a general name, i'd call those who embrace the dark side of their nature in order to harm others 'evil' but i do not believe a person is EVIL in a biblical sense, nor 'good' in a saintly one. most of us have choices. we are known through those choices.

cashews or walnuts?

Neither! Almonds or Brazil Nuts ( and sometimes Pistachios )!

Do you roast marshmallows?

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

Ahavati said:

Neither! Almonds or Brazil Nuts ( and sometimes Pistachios )!

Do you roast marshmallows?

omg, dark chocolate covered brazils are my ultimate favourite

never have, yet... still getting used to having them dumped in my drinking chocolate by the man and his mother; i prefer it without

his mum does this strange thing with 'fruit salad' that involves marshmallows and sour cream. do you ever abuse food this way?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

butters said:

omg, dark chocolate covered brazils are my ultimate favourite

never have, yet... still getting used to having them dumped in my drinking chocolate by the man and his mother; i prefer it without

his mum does this strange thing with 'fruit salad' that involves marshmallows and sour cream. do you ever abuse food this way?

LOL! Probably according to different cultures!  The south, although traditional, is also very eclectic in what it pairs.

What is the best food you discovered after you moved here?

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

Ahavati said:

LOL! Probably according to different cultures!  The south, although traditional, is also very eclectic in what it pairs.

What is the best food you discovered after you moved here?

very quickly, biscuits. and i cook 'em better than his mother's ever tasted and she's been a southerner all her life! when i ever return to the uk to visit, i'm introducing my kids to them.

final q for now:  oh lord, i can't think of one. the next person'll have to add one. out of here

x

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2264

butters said:very quickly, biscuits. and i cook 'em better than his mother's ever tasted and she's been a southerner all her life! when i ever return to the uk to visit, i'm introducing my kids to them.
You're sayin' You make awesome S.O.S.!!???
You could mail Your recipe to the U.S. Armed Forces!
I know i ate many a dish for breakfast at the base chow hall  

x

What do You consider is Your signature dish for supper?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Garlic!  Keeps the Vampires away -- You know how thin the veil is this time of year  

What winter Fruit are You and why?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Nice!!

Can You post the photo and recipe and instructions