Sky_dancer
Sky_dancer
The Cosmic Dragon
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
16awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 854

When I protected my older sister from another drunken, violent onslaught from our mother.

What was the last thing you truly gave away without any sense of lasting ownership or expectation of reciprocity?

LibraSoul96
LibraSoul96
Thought Provoker
United States
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st July 2015
Forum Posts: 376

Lol silly as it may be I would have 2 say food.

If drugs were a person, who would it be?

Tallen
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
21awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 1189

Sky_dancer said:When I protected my older sister from another drunken, violent onslaught from our mother.

What was the last thing you truly gave away without any sense of lasting ownership or expectation of reciprocity?

My Hippo Collection that i had and collected all sorts of stuff for 40+ years.

Do You feel as though You will ever give away something of value without expectation?

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
6awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 321

yes and no.
my question below will explain why...

To expect a simple 'thank you' for giving something away willingly, lovingly...is a valid expectation or we should never expect that at all?

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
77awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 3828

Layla said:yes and no.

To expect a simple 'thank you' for giving something away willingly, lovingly...is a valid expectation or we should never expect that at all?

We're taught ( well, some of us ) to say Thank You in response to kind gestures; therefore, I think we expect the same while assuming everyone else has been taught the same way.  Which is why I teach my Grandprecious that not everyone is taught the same way - and to expect certain individuals to have a lack of manners.  Also, that it wasn't his place to correct them ( you know how kids are, e.g. - "But my mamma said..." ).

Do you get time off work for the holidays?

Tallen
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
21awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 1189

Layla said:yes and no.

appreciate Your response  

I rarely give $$ or possessions with expectation.
I normally give as my spirit Guide prods or as my  heart shares with me.

& if asked (or they say they're gonna give in response) i always say Food (especially if it's Home-Cookin' ) or some type of art by their creation (ie., Poetry, Painting, Sculpture, & or Wood Carving)  
AND i have rec'd paintings, clay creations (though the Hippo's ear was broken in a move and i've not healed the sculpture yet)

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
Joined 3rd May 2018

Ahavati said:

We're taught ( well, some of us ) to say Thank You in response to kind gestures; therefore, I think we expect the same while assuming everyone else has been taught the same way.  Which is why I teach my Grandprecious that not everyone is taught the same way - and to expect certain individuals to have a lack of manners.  Also, that it wasn't his place to correct them ( you know how kids are, e.g. - "But my mamma said..." ).

Do you get time off work for the holidays?

Unfortunately I don't

Do you buy gifts to everyone in your family or do you do secret santa, pulling a name and buying one gift for that particular person?

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Fire of Insight
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 460

Layla said:

Unfortunately I don't

Do you buy gifts to everyone in your family or do you do secret santa, pulling a name and buying one gift for that particular person?

I never thought of the secret santa idea. I like it! So yeah. I give everybody I can, a gift. Poor peeps. They're prolly gonna get a book this year...

Have you heard of the gifting economy? It's a real thing! Economists sometimes forget to factor it. It is difficult to truly measure when 40% of the GDP comes from the stay at home mom gift, every year in the USA. And that's just the tip of the economic ice burg!

Sky_dancer
Sky_dancer
The Cosmic Dragon
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
Joined 10th Dec 2018

EdibleWords said:

I never thought of the secret santa idea. I like it! So yeah. I give everybody I can, a gift. Poor peeps. They're prolly gonna get a book this year...

Have you heard of the gifting economy? It's a real thing! Economists sometimes forget to factor it. It is difficult to truly measure when 40% of the GDP comes from the stay at home mom gift, every year in the USA. And that's just the tip of the economic ice burg!

I hadn't. Economics was never an area of interest, although I can see why it appeals to some. Numbers are clean.

What is an aspect of yourself others find difficult?

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
Joined 3rd May 2018

my standards are high as far as respect, integrity and principle, also work ethics and i don't apologize for who I am, some find it difficult or find me to be traditional but it's their problem not mine.

Yours?

Sky_dancer
Sky_dancer
The Cosmic Dragon
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
Joined 10th Dec 2018

I find it difficult to communicate typically. People feel shut out, ignored, forgotten etc but I forget people need to be responded to, even if I think it's superfluous because I love them. I'm tight minded around cleanliness. People struggle with autistic people in general it seems.

What's a favourite quality of yours?

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Fire of Insight
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 460

Sky_dancer said:I find it difficult to communicate typically. People feel shut out, ignored, forgotten etc but I forget people need to be responded to, even if I think it's superfluous because I love them. I'm tight minded around cleanliness. People struggle with autistic people in general it seems.

What's a favourite quality of yours?

My maternal nature

What do you do when you feel life has shut you out of an imagined opportunity?

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
77awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 3828

EdibleWords said:

My maternal nature

What do you do when you feel life has shut you out of an imagined opportunity?

Try to understand that timing is everything. . .

I recently read an article that said people who decorate for Christmas early are happier. Do you believe that?

Sky_dancer
Sky_dancer
The Cosmic Dragon
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
Joined 10th Dec 2018

Ahavati said:

Try to understand that timing is everything. . .

I recently read an article that said people who decorate for Christmas early are happier. Do you believe that?

Bring on the gaudy tinsel and balls, baby!!!

What's your favourite childhood fairytale?

Go to page:
Go to: