Go to page:

Ask the person below you a question

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

Newp. Bad nerves. Can’t get past the test. I mean I can drive. Just not legally. 😂

What was the last thing you laughed at?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>trump's denials on the whitehouse lawn this morning... granted, it was a sardonic laugh, but still....

is there a food you enjoy that tastes even better to you cold the next morning? (dang, my hushpuppies were awesome)

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2264

butters said:

is there a food you enjoy that tastes even better to you cold the next morning? (dang, my hushpuppies were awesome)

Them Hushpuppies made from scratch?  

I love steak, fried chicken and pizza cold the next morning (Yes, for breakfast)

Do You eat breakfast at supper time?
If so, what?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

Tallen said:

I love steak, fried chicken and pizza cold the next morning (Yes, for breakfast)

Do You eat breakfast at supper time?
If so, what?

Ohhhh yes! Especially in winter! I LOVE homemade biscuits and gravy with fluffy scrambled eggs!

You?

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

Tallen said:

fer sure

Aha says: Ohhhh yes! Especially in winter! I LOVE homemade biscuits and gravy with fluffy scrambled eggs!

You?
yup - i'll eat whatever i fancy, irrelevant of its expected time of day-ness

how much do you think an avatar initially influences our expectations of a person?

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

Huge!
If you look around, the sexy pix get majority of male commentators on that person's work.
If its something neutral like star, flower they are perceived as someone who is private, perhaps mature (emotionally or age wise) and someone to be observed based on their work skill.
Real pix, are closly looked at to see how they look matches their writes.
Unfortunately, as with anything first impression based on 'appearance' plays a huge role even on a poetry site.

How much thought do you put in in choosing your own avatar?

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

Layla said:Huge!
If you look around, the sexy pix get majority of male commentators on that person's work.
If its something neutral like star, flower they are perceived as someone who is private, perhaps mature (emotionally or age wise) and someone to be observed based on their work skill.
Real pix, are closly looked at to see how they look matches their writes.
Unfortunately, as with anything first impression based on 'appearance' plays a huge role even on a poetry site.

How much thought do you put in in choosing your own avatar?
usually quite a bit... i try to find something that speaks both to me and reflects my 'me-ness'. my current av (doesn't show it all) is a barefoot girl, surrounded by nature, sitting on a well... of course it's a lot younger than my 60 years but that's the inner me (when calm, at least, lol)... skin to skin with nature and sat at the well of inspiration

as for other's avs, i tend to click on 'interesting' ones first to read them. if the av speaks to me, i hope their poems might

have you found yourself feeling more political since trump was made potus?

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

Actually, the opposite.  I've become less political and avoid all media that is about politics including any and all discussions with family or friends.

How are you feeling today, and how you started early in the  morning, does it match your mood right now?  Better or worse?

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

Layla said:Actually, the opposite.  I've become less political and avoid all media that is about politics including any and all discussions with family or friends.

How are you feeling today, and how you started early in the  morning, does it match your mood right now?  Better or worse?
i'm a little more dazed and confused -- which is something given the dreams i had last night -- but now i'm kinda 'meh', better get out and cut some more wood.

have you ever thrown an axe around splitting logs? did you find it uniquely satisfying when the axe hits just right and splits a thick bole like butter?

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2264

butters said:
have you ever thrown an axe around splitting logs? did you find it uniquely satisfying when the axe hits just right and splits a thick bole like butter?

I've had the chore of splitting blocks of wood for kindling and for winter's firewood
and i can never say i took any satisfaction in throwing an axe for sport or for any other purpose other than splitting dead wood.

I used to be employed by a rancher in northern California and the experience was like the deep south but without the accents.

Loved the work and the people (who didn't display their racial bias)

Who would be the 1st person You'd call if Your car broke down in a neighborhood that is racially bias'd against the color of Your skin?  

(actually happened to me many years ago........)

AverageJoe
Average Joe. AJ. Joe
Dangerous Mind
United States 1awards
Joined 8th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 557

Tallen said:

I've had the chore of splitting blocks of wood for kindling and for winter's firewood
and i can never say i took any satisfaction in throwing an axe for sport or for any other purpose other than splitting dead wood.

I used to be employed by a rancher in northern California and the experience was like the deep south but without the accents.

Loved the work and the people (who didn't display their racial bias)

Who would be the 1st person You'd call if Your car broke down in a neighborhood that is racially bias'd against the color of Your skin?  

(actually happened to me many years ago........)

A. A. A. (American Automobile Association).

How long would you stand in line on Black Friday?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Dragon's Blood or Nag Champa - both are divinely earthy

How will you spend the weekend?

Go to page:
Go to: