_boybrains
_boybrains
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th July 2017
Forum Posts: 187

Ahavati said:BB forgotted to asketh a question

Does free will exist, or is every action predetermined?

Oh shitsticks, I pressed go by mistake before writing a question
signal isn't on my side today >'<

imho I think it can be both or either sometimes, depends
on the situation of course.

What are you doing right now?

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
75awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 3716

_boybrains said:

Oh shitsticks, I pressed go by mistake before writing a question
signal isn't on my side today >'<

imho I think it can be both or either sometimes, depends
on the situation of course.

What are you doing right now?

Discussing NaPo prompts with Johnny.

You?

_boybrains
_boybrains
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th July 2017
Forum Posts: 187

Ahavati said:

Discussing NaPo prompts with Johnny.

You?

Currently writing on my phone and eating
vegetable dumplings and noodles

What's your plans for tomorrow?

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

_boybrains said:

Currently writing on my phone and eating
vegetable dumplings and noodles

What's your plans for tomorrow?

Well, it's National Boss's Day so I'll be honoring some of my clients because, well, they do pay the bills!  One couple in particular - I got them a gift-certificate from the saloon they had their first date at over 30 years ago!  It's still in business!

Does time have a beginning or end?

butters
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 691

Ahavati said:

Well, it's National Boss's Day so I'll be honoring some of my clients because, well, they do pay the bills!  One couple in particular - I got them a gift-certificate from the saloon they had their first date at over 30 years ago!  It's still in business!

Does time have a beginning or end?
time, as a linear concept, was  invented by sentient creatures (on this planet, anyway) so i guess time 'started' when we first measured it and will 'stop' when no-one (or machine invented) is left to measure it....  but things will continue to change as they always have, probably often in ways and on scales we don't yet understand or have even imagined.

have you ever had toasted brown bread topped with fluffy mashed potato, thinly sliced tomato and cheese all bubbly from under the grill? (if not, you should, lol)

Commentonly
Commentonly
Twisted Dreamer
Joined 5th Oct 2016
Forum Posts: 124

butters said:time, as a linear concept, was  invented by sentient creatures (on this planet, anyway) so i guess time 'started' when we first measured it and will 'stop' when no-one (or machine invented) is left to measure it....  but things will continue to change as they always have, probably often in ways and on scales we don't yet understand or have even imagined.

have you ever had toasted brown bread topped with fluffy mashed potato, thinly sliced tomato and cheese all bubbly from under the grill? (if not, you should, lol)

Sounds carb-a-licious

I think that will be a quick dinner one night this week

What weather would you prefer right now?

cold_fusion
cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Australia
19awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 2311

Commentonly said:

Sounds carb-a-licious

I think that will be a quick dinner one night this week

What weather would you prefer right now?

Am kinda enjoying the Spring here where i am

you?

ImperfectedStone
ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom
27awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Oct 2010
Forum Posts: 1212

Currently listening to the rain eating fizzy laces watching QI and spending my day walking through leaves in dry autumn cold. Bliss.

How did you spend your time this evening?

butters
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
Joined 17th Sep 2019

ImperfectedStone said:Currently listening to the rain eating fizzy laces watching QI and spending my day walking through leaves in dry autumn cold. Bliss.

How did you spend your time this evening?
yesterday evening (it's my mid afternoon here now) was listening to the democratic candidates' debate and then some film i know was kinda funny as i'd seen it before... but we were both so tired, one whisky later and halfway through the film we called it quits and hit the sheets. still getting through some rascally virus or cold and it's making my hands, elbows, shins, head, hips and eyes all ache like mothers after about 6 pm.

we just spent a couple of hours with the s-i-l over, processing a pumpkin that must have weighed a good 70lbs. he's taking the shell back for his daughters to carve for halloween. do you make pumpkin pie and jams etc...?

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

butters said:yesterday evening (it's my mid afternoon here now) was listening to the democratic candidates' debate and then some film i know was kinda funny as i'd seen it before... but we were both so tired, one whisky later and halfway through the film we called it quits and hit the sheets. still getting through some rascally virus or cold and it's making my hands, elbows, shins, head, hips and eyes all ache like mothers after about 6 pm.

we just spent a couple of hours with the s-i-l over, processing a pumpkin that must have weighed a good 70lbs. he's taking the shell back for his daughters to carve for halloween. do you make pumpkin pie and jams etc...?

I do! But, I love pumpkin bread the most. I also make a mean pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting. nummy!

Are you expecting a large gathering for Thanks for Giving?

butters
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
Joined 17th Sep 2019

Ahavati said:

I do! But, I love pumpkin bread the most. I also make a mean pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting. nummy!

Are you expecting a large gathering for Thanks for Giving?
his nibs is making noises about pumpkin bread and jam... wondering if there's a pumpkin marmalade recipe out there. gotta be.

probably.. well, large for us. we're usually just the 3 of us, but if H's son and his wife and 2 girls come, his ma'am's bestie, his bro and his wife... that's 10 of us and quite enough to cope with.

got a recipe for that pumpkin cake and frosting?

Tallen
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 1148

butters said: his nibs is making noises about pumpkin bread and jam... wondering if there's a pumpkin marmalade recipe out there. gotta be.

probably.. well, large for us. we're usually just the 3 of us, but if H's son and his wife and 2 girls come, his ma'am's bestie, his bro and his wife... that's 10 of us and quite enough to cope with.

got a recipe for that pumpkin cake and frosting?

I don't like vegetables as desserts!!
Pumpkin Pie is at the top of the barf list.
My parents used to tell me (back in the day)
" No pumpkin pie for You if You don't eat all Your stuffing (cooked inside of the bird and i hate that too) and i told them each year " OK    "

It took years for them to realize maybe i didn't like pumpkin pie or pumpkin dessert anything  

Do You still make stuffing and cook inside of the turkey?

brokentitanium
brokentitanium
Fire of Insight
Canada
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 199

Yes, I do. Just did, as we just had Thanksgiving here in Canada. Pumpkin pie too!

What's your favourite pie?

butters
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
Joined 17th Sep 2019

Tallen said:

I don't like vegetables as desserts!!
Pumpkin Pie is at the top of the barf list.
My parents used to tell me (back in the day)
" No pumpkin pie for You if You don't eat all Your stuffing (cooked inside of the bird and i hate that too) and i told them each year " OK    "

It took years for them to realize maybe i didn't like pumpkin pie or pumpkin dessert anything  

Do You still make stuffing and cook inside of the turkey?
lololol... i made pumpkin pie for the first time coming to the states, it was okay but not my favourite.

if i were cooking turkey uk style, i'd cook it inside the bird but under the breast skin, going in from the neck. they do it differently over here... call it 'dressing' (caused no amount of confusion at first) and it's made using cornbread & cooked in a separate dish. NOT nearly as good as sage n onion....

brokentitanium asked 'what's your favourite pie'?
answer: omg, too many to decide. a good english granny smiths one might be about up the top, tho

what's a question you wish someone would ask you?

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
98awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 8225

Missy, any plans to publish a book? 👌🏻

How about you?

Go to page:
Go to: