Go to page:

Ask the person below you a question

Commentonly
Commentonly
Twisted Dreamer
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Oct 2016
Forum Posts: 124

butters said:nice one

i love it! so satisfying to build it well so it lights with one click of a lighter, no petrol or other flammable shit tossed on... and then watching the beautiful colours, the sounds, and the perfume of the woods... heaven toss in a couple of baked potatoes and tomato soup and i'm a frikkin' angel!


aha: Do thoughts have a pattern?

yeah, but sometimes i can't discern them and let them do their own 'pattern in the chaos' thang


are you a politically-minded animal?


For 95% of my life I had no political leanings I had no interest; didn't watch the news; didn't read the paper, I simply went about my life working, raising my kids; until my hand was seemingly forced into a political frame.

You can ignore politics but it never ignores you so to speak, and with the advent of social media people have their opinions and instead of healthy respectful discourse you see mobbing, canceling people, going after jobs, ability to use amenities, it's such a crazy thing to witness.

People often forget that gallileo's was a dissenting opinion once, and that the ability to have, view and disseminate both sides of an arguement is what leads to a more level headded approach.

From what I can see I agree with Johnathan Haidt's comments

The left think the right are evil
The right think the left are stupid

However both sides have opposing arguements that have merit, balanced between is society

Tip it too far in either direction... well we've seen it done and the bodies or millions pave the streets we walk for the sake of what limited freedom we have.

Do you believe human history, the blood bath that it is, is taught properly?

I.e. there's too much focus on recent history and not enough nuance of further back so we understand how many bodies we stand upon to have what we have?

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
75awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 3727

I don't think humanity is a bloodbath ( albeit there are wars and rumours of wars).  There are many good people and cultures. So, yes, I do think the majority is taught right. Sometimes all the right teaching in the world makes no difference in a person's choices. I know people who have committed horrible crimes, and yet they came from good parents who were salt of the earth and taught their children right. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to some things - human nature tends to be in that category when it comes to individuals.  The old cliche 'History repeats itself" is one for a reason. While one generation may have learned, there are always upcoming new ones.

Are people in this current generation less or more sensitive than people from past generations?

Commentonly
Commentonly
Twisted Dreamer
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Oct 2016
Forum Posts: 124

Ahavati said:I don't think humanity is a bloodbath ( albeit there are wars and rumours of wars).  There are many good people and cultures. So, yes, I do think the majority is taught right. Sometimes all the right teaching in the world makes no difference in a person's choices. I know people who have committed horrible crimes, and yet they came from good parents who were salt of the earth and taught their children right. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to some things - human nature tends to be in that category when it comes to individuals.  The old cliche 'History repeats itself" is one for a reason. While one generation may have learned, there are always upcoming new ones.

Are people in this current generation less or more sensitive than people from past generations?


Depends on what you mean by sensitive, and sensitive to what?

I believe that we've been programmed to focus more on "mental health" from the negative perspective that it dominates the discourse, to the point of stupidity, so much so that we have from my perspective developed a weaker more fragile generation that are so caught up in "identity" above all else that they fail to function the way the previous generations did.

They have lost their work ethic, lost that spark that brought us to where we are. I hire and fire for our business and the calibre of people coming through are from what I've seen, needy, uninspired, unenthusiastic, lacking self drive and motivation and in need of hand holding for longer and longer periods of time

Crippled with a sense of what their rights are and lacking the reponsibilty to earn them, demanding the business and it's management treat them like children instead of grown responsible adults. (That or I'm just a piece of shit to work for, jury's still out on that one)

But those are consistant complaints within the industry I work in.

I believ they may be more sensitive to trying to demand change rather than earn I ng their right to implement it themselves

Ever go on a rant and have to physically stop yourself ?

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
98awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 8235

HA! Literally all the time.

What is your relationship with yourself like?

_boybrains
_boybrains
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th July 2017
Forum Posts: 188

Miss_Sub said:HA! Literally all the time.

What is your relationship with yourself like?


I kind of like and loathe him at the same time


Same question

Viddax
Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom
22awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6458

We seem to be on good terms, I could do with exercising more but we don't seem to have that much time or place for it. It is a rather stable relationship mentally and spiritually it is free and tolerant; we give each other space when needed.

How many pencils do you own?

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
75awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 3727

I have a 9 year-old grandson - therefore an innumerable amount. . . everywhere, it seems.

Are humans obligated to better themselves and will that make them happier?

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
98awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 8235

Newp. Bloom where you are planted and all.

What’s your most overused phrase?

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Average Joe. AJ. Joe
Thought Provoker
United States
  profile   poems   message
Joined 8th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 170

Ahavati said:I have a 9 year-old grandson - therefore an innumerable amount. . . everywhere, it seems.

Are humans obligated to better themselves and will that make them happier?

People are free to choose whether to improve their state of affairs.

Improvement tends to happiness as sloth tends to ambivalence.

What is your fondest recollection of autumn?

butters
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 715

Ahavati said:I have a 9 year-old grandson - therefore an innumerable amount. . . everywhere, it seems.

Are humans obligated to better themselves and will that make them happier?
i think 'better themselves' is such a broad brush stroke, painting more than academia and income with subjective colours.

better can be a kinder, more tolerant person
or a more skilled craftsman
it can mean achieving a degree or learning to drive
raising your children with fewer regrets and mistakes than our parents
owning a house with six bathrooms or being respected as a 'man/woman of god'

from the cradle we learn, because to learn is to survive. it's not so much what we learn but how we employ that knowledge that determines how content we are with our lives.




do you always remember to wear gloves when gardening?

_boybrains
_boybrains
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th July 2017
Forum Posts: 188

Miss_Sub said:Newp. Bloom where you are planted and all.

What’s your most overused phrase?



Overused phrase probably has to be
“Oh Shitsticks”

Fondest Recollection Of Autumn: watching leaves turn orange and red

I never remember to wear gloves, so my hands tend to be a bit green lol!

What’s your best hashtag if you could have one?

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
98awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 8235

#sassybitch 😂

How about you?

(Ps - SHITSTICKS!! 👌🏻)

Commentonly
Commentonly
Twisted Dreamer
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Oct 2016
Forum Posts: 124

Ahavati said:I have a 9 year-old grandson - therefore an innumerable amount. . . everywhere, it seems.

Are humans obligated to better themselves and will that make them happier?


Obligated takes out a notion of free will, I believe it's in their best interest yes, the problem I find is quantifying better themselves, in what way, and for whom?

I find it amusing when I read slogans like be the best you can be.....or find your best self, what if your best self is a mirror of Ted Bundy, or Aileen Waurnous?

I find incremental improvement to self is one of the best ways for mental well being

one of the addictive qualities in video games is character improvement and development.. your character develops with only some mental stimulation to you, you don't have to actually put in the hard physical work but still recieve the same dopemine reward.

You get a similar effect from social media validation likes and clicks =popularity which = a form of social credit score based on popularity

You don't have to develop connections to other people or gain their trust just self validate through superficial means.

Once again  the opinion of a dinosaur in modern times

Did we drop the ball on the effects of social media?

_boybrains
_boybrains
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th July 2017
Forum Posts: 188

Miss_Sub said:#sassybitch 😂

How about you?

(Ps - SHITSTICKS!! 👌🏻)




Yep shitsticks est 2009 haha

Most likely would be

#grumpybastard 🙈😂

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
75awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 3727

BB forgotted to asketh a question so I'll quote the previous:

Commentonly said:

Obligated takes out a notion of free will, I believe it's in their best interest yes, the problem I find is quantifying better themselves, in what way, and for whom?

I find it amusing when I read slogans like be the best you can be.....or find your best self, what if your best self is a mirror of Ted Bundy, or Aileen Waurnous?

I find incremental improvement to self is one of the best ways for mental well being

one of the addictive qualities in video games is character improvement and development.. your character develops with only some mental stimulation to you, you don't have to actually put in the hard physical work but still recieve the same dopemine reward.

You get a similar effect from social media validation likes and clicks =popularity which = a form of social credit score based on popularity

You don't have to develop connections to other people or gain their trust just self validate through superficial means.

Once again  the opinion of a dinosaur in modern times

Did we drop the ball on the effects of social media?


I don't think so - it's used for as much good ( if not more ) than bad.  

Does free will exist, or is every action predetermined?

Go to page:
Go to: