Go to page:

Ask the person below you a question

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

Layla said:I don't have any elderly relatives living near me, although, you just described me...i do get cold fast and i get lazy putting on proper clothing.

What are your meal plans for today?

i love my m-i-l to bits, but that particular little thing drives me nuts. we make sure she has plenty of cosy, and winter-warm wear, but .... *sighs*

spaghetti bolognese, i think, for tonight. been a while

i just spilled a whole cup of black coffee into my keyboard as i changed the lighter curtains for heavier ones. it still works! what's the worst thing you've had in your keyboard or done to your mouse?

Carpe_Noctem
Tyrant of Words
Spain 8awards
Joined 3rd Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 2915

Already apocalypse chowed

Would you eat apocalypse chow?

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

Carpe_Noctem said:Already apocalypse chowed

Would you eat apocalypse chow?

no point dying hungry, so yeah, probably q above in other post

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

Keyboard..hmm nothing really besides the usual crap in the air landing on and in.
Mouse..ended up in the washing machine when i pulled the sheets and it got lost in there..it worked, sort of after letting it dry, but the pointer kept going in the opposite direction then intended, thankfully it was cheap to replace.

Who do you miss the most in your life?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14574

Layla said:Keyboard..hmm nothing really besides the usual crap in the air landing on and in.
Mouse..ended up in the washing machine when i pulled the sheets and it got lost in there..it worked, sort of after letting it dry, but the pointer kept going in the opposite direction then intended, thankfully it was cheap to replace.

Who do you miss the most in your life?

My father over long games of chess.

You?

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

Ahavati said:

You?

my mother... even though i rarely saw her in her later years, living abroad with my sister as she did, doesn't mean we didn't have a close connection. we didn't need to be in eachothers' pockets to know that. there's a warm spot in my heart when i think of her.

no matter how clear i feel i've made myself, sometimes people seem to completely mis-read my intent... this bemuses me and makes me re-examine phrasing. not a bad thing. what makes you re-examine aspects of your day/life/personality/ ''qmark''

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2287

Ahavati said:

While i don't really like the long games,
FOR YOU
i could entertain You and play You a game or 2
at Lichess.org  (very user friendly)

I love the chess that's 5 minutes or less for the entire game.  IRL, i found that my opponents got offended when i'd be reading or listening to music or both and everything distracting while playing them.  

I would look forward to You kicking my ass in a game of chess (slow chess)  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

butters said:
my mother... even though i rarely saw her in her later years, living abroad with my sister as she did, doesn't mean we didn't have a close connection. we didn't need to be in eachothers' pockets to know that. there's a warm spot in my heart when i think of her.

no matter how clear i feel i've made myself, sometimes people seem to completely mis-read my intent... this bemuses me and makes me re-examine phrasing. not a bad thing. what makes you re-examine aspects of your day/life/personality/ ''qmark''

LOLOL! I've been misinterpreted my entire life by the majority of people I know.  It stems from non-verbal communication when I was very young, which stemmed from extensive relocation and belittling, be it my native origin, clothes, accent, beliefs ( or lack of ), et al.  The fact that I am dyslexic contributes as well.  I didn't really start verbally communicating until college ( seriously ).  Or, rather, learning to verbally communicate.  Poetry was easy, writing was easy - oral communication outside of listening and advising was not.

Therefore, I am continuously re-examining how I communicate something ( I am constantly editing words, syntax, etc. ); however, I also realize that people view life through their own filters, and no matter the precision of communication, there will be many who won't view it as we intended, but as they are.  Think Anais Nin, We don't view the world as it is but as we are.

Do you drink eggnog?

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

Ahavati said:

LOLOL! I've been misinterpreted my entire life by the majority of people I know.  It stems from non-verbal communication when I was very young, which stemmed from extensive relocation and belittling, be it my native origin, clothes, accent, beliefs ( or lack of ), et al.  The fact that I am dyslexic contributes as well.  I didn't really start verbally communicating until college ( seriously ).  Or, rather, learning to verbally communicate.  Poetry was easy, writing was easy - oral communication outside of listening and advising was not.

Therefore, I am continuously re-examining how I communicate something ( I am constantly editing words, syntax, etc. ); however, I also realize that people view life through their own filters, and no matter the precision of communication, there will be many who won't view it as we intended, but as they are.  Think Anais Nin, We don't view the world as it is but as we are.

Do you drink eggnog?

i do, at christmas... if i remember, we have it here at thanksgiving, too, but that's about the only times it comes out. his mother likes the non-alcoholic version so we tend to get that and the rest of those drinking it add whatever alcohol they like at the time she's still got the small bottle of concorde sweet red she asked us to get last thanksgiving, having only drunk 3 small glasses from it over the course of almost a year. *shakes head*

duck! the s-i-l has just brought over 6 ducks for our pond... not sure which breed they are as he didn't stop long and i missed him doing something else. but ducks do you love to eat duck? if so, what's your favourite way to eat them?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Nope! I am a vegetarian as well as a certifiably Odd Duck so wouldn't eat one!

If weighing your poems on the scales - which side would tip the heaviest: fiction or nonfiction?

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

Ahavati said:Nope! I am a vegetarian as well as a certifiably Odd Duck so wouldn't eat one!

If weighing your poems on the scales - which side would tip the heaviest: fiction or nonfiction?

ha... we're not likely to be eating these, they're more for aesthetics and i'm hoping they don't fly off. their wings aren't clipped so they may

non-fiction, no matter how 'invented' they are, they are their own truths, their own realities.

do you ever get stumped for what question to ask? *snort*

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

sometimes...hmm, like right now lol

I was watching on Netflix the show "Nature's weirdest Events" (I know.. i can be walking, talking advertisment for Netlix)  and its astounding the courtship of male species in the animal kingdom, from the colors displayed, to the sounds they make, to the fights between males to win over a female.  
So is it more of a 'woman's world' instead of 'man's world', did we misunderstand that term after all?

poet Anonymous

I think it’s a human’s world... there’s far too much emphasis on one gender surpassing another as it is.

Do you have any other creative pursuits outside of writing?

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5262

Miss_Sub said:I think it’s a human’s world... there’s far too much emphasis on one gender surpassing another as it is.

Do you have any other creative pursuits outside of writing?

i dabble sometime in scribbling/drawing stuff and bit of photography

how old were you when you first learnt to play any musical instrument?

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

cold_fusion said:
i dabble sometime in scribbling/drawing stuff and bit of photography

how old were you when you first learnt to play any musical instrument?
7, the violin, as only young kids can, just as a novice tho. before that i'd mess about on the piano indoors. can find a tune on almost any instrument i try but that's about it, basics.

is there one critter that freaks you out at all? like spiders or mice or moths?

Go to page:
Go to: