Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
104awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 9111

Chivalry isn’t as alive as I wish it was, but there are a few fellas out there who still carry the torch. Bitch chivalry, though. I think bitch chivalry is alive and well.

In a battle between a crab with a knife and an octopus with a rolling pin, which would prevail in a fight to the death?

butters
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

Miss_Sub said:Chivalry isn’t as alive as I wish it was, but there are a few fellas out there who still carry the torch. Bitch chivalry, though. I think bitch chivalry is alive and well.

In a battle between a crab with a knife and an octopus with a rolling pin, which would prevail in a fight to the death?
a bit like the fight between jaime lannister and euron greyjoy, the octopus will die first (despite its limb-advantage) but the crab will still be mortally wounded, scuttling off to rejoin his shell-mate only to die together under a landslide

a waste of good sea food, if you ask me.

anyone else like eating their shrimp/prawns sans head/legs but still in their shells?

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Dangerous Mind
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 1768

butters said:a bit like the fight between jaime lannister and euron greyjoy, the octopus will die first (despite its limb-advantage) but the crab will still be mortally wounded, scuttling off to rejoin his shell-mate only to die together under a landslide

a waste of good sea food, if you ask me.

anyone else like eating their shrimp/prawns sans head/legs but still in their shells?

Never occurred to me. Actually a smart concept, between the calcium and superior vitamin A, if it's available in that form. I would love to know if we can pull the vit a out of the shell. It's a special helpful kind of A, really)

Why is everyone baring their souls? Did we all catch something lately?

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
Joined 26th June 2011

I think it’s the time of year. It tends to kick people in the feelz.

Name a DU member you would like a chat and a cup of tea with?

Tallen
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
30awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 1728

Tallen
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
30awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 1728

Miss_Sub said:
Name a DU member you would like a chat and a cup of tea with?

Tempted to tell but will take the high road
and say

Josh

Have You ever wanted to meet IRL a DUP member?
Why?

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1164

I wouldn't mind meeting Rabbitquest..lol  to find out where the remaining 63% is..?

How about you?

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
Joined 26th June 2011

I’ve met one. We had a grand afternoon 😊 There’s a fair few I’d love a cuppa and a custard cream with.

What was the person doing with a cow to work out you could drink milk?

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Dangerous Mind
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Miss_Sub said:I’ve met one. We had a grand afternoon 😊 There’s a fair few I’d love a cuppa and a custard cream with.

What was the person doing with a cow to work out you could drink milk?

Probably following an idea from a dream.

Have you ever felt like a dream from your actual sleep changed your life?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
Joined 26th June 2011

Depends how strong you are in the first place.

Can you say hello in five different languages?

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1164

I can, four because i can speak fluently and the fifth, because i know few words having to work with certain ethnic culture.

How many curse words do you know from different languages?

Quietus
Quietus
Strange Creature
United States
  profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 9

Layla said:I can, four because i can speak fluently and the fifth, because i know few words having to work with certain ethnic culture.

How many curse words do you know from different languages?

Two. Mierda (Spanish), and skubala (Greek). Both mean shit. Fun fact: I discovered the latter via an article on biblical translations.

St. Paul, in his letter to the Philippians uses the word “shit”. The literal translation would make the verse say:

“But indeed I also regard everything to be loss on account of the surpassing knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, on account of whom I have suffered the loss of all things; and I consider them shit so that I may gain Christ…”

What is your favorite philosophical or existential film?

Sky_dancer
Sky_dancer
Inigo Montoya
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
22awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 1513

Quietus said:

Two. Mierda (Spanish), and skubala (Greek). Both mean shit. Fun fact: I discovered the latter via an article on biblical translations.

St. Paul, in his letter to the Philippians uses the word “shit”. The literal translation would make the verse say:

“But indeed I also regard everything to be loss on account of the surpassing knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, on account of whom I have suffered the loss of all things; and I consider them shit so that I may gain Christ…”

What is your favorite philosophical or existential film?

That's my favourite genre. It has to be The Matrix, for me. It helps undo that solid sense of self we have. We all KNOW we're plugged into the matrix, so...

Are you gonna hitch a ride on the Nebuchadnezzar or chew some frikkin steak?

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Dangerous Mind
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Sky_dancer said:

That's my favourite genre. It has to be The Matrix, for me. It helps undo that solid sense of self we have. We all KNOW we're plugged into the matrix, so...

Are you gonna hitch a ride on the Nebuchadnezzar or chew some frikkin steak?

The ship, of course. Bland chicken-porridge for me, please. Ugly truth over pretty lies.

Your favorite sci-fi space ship?

Go to page:
Go to: