Tyrant of Words
United States
79awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 4063

AverageJoe said:

My left wrist.

When did you last have a premonition?

Yesterday, actually.  Will be interesting to see what comes of it.

Do you pity retail workers during the season of consumer madness?

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
65awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 13028

I feel for those who can't buy people/ loved ones stuff.  time will fly in for the busy retail workers

If you could re-think/ re shuffle Christmas for the world, how would it go

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

lepperochan said:I feel for those who can't buy people/ loved ones stuff.  time will fly in for the busy retail workers

If you could re-think/ re shuffle Christmas for the world, how would it go

I would like to see it more personal, i.e. - handmade gifts and baked goods to be exchanged.  I would love to see it as a season of true giving to the indigent to re-spark hope, and donations to homeless shelters and other charities matched by local businesses and corporations.

What is your favorite part of Christmas?

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Average Joe. AJ. Joe
Thought Provoker
United States
  profile   poems   message
Joined 8th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 313

Ahavati said:

I would like to see it more personal, i.e. - handmade gifts and baked goods to be exchanged.  I would love to see it as a season of true giving to the indigent to re-spark hope, and donations to homeless shelters and other charities matched by local businesses and corporations.

What is your favorite part of Christmas?

Being with people you care about deeply.

Do any possessions possess you, or could you walk away from all the things you own?

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

AverageJoe said:
Being with people you care about deeply.

Do any possessions possess you, or could you walk away from all the things you own?

That which possesses me:  Photographs of loved ones and handmade gifts⁠— drawings, etc. A box of cards and letters people have sent me, and perhaps a few ritualistic tools, e.g. - crystals, incense, etc.  It would all fit nicely in a small portion of the trunk.  

That which doesn't possess me: Anything else.

Do you believe the old adage 'Christmas is for Children'?

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Average Joe. AJ. Joe
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 8th Sep 2019

Ahavati said:

That which possesses me:  Photographs of loved ones and handmade gifts⁠— drawings, etc. A box of cards and letters people have sent me, and perhaps a few ritualistic tools, e.g. - crystals, incense, etc.  It would all fit nicely in a small portion of the trunk.  

That which doesn't possess me: Anything else.

Do you believe the old adage 'Christmas is for Children'?

Only if the other adage is applied, "we are all children at heart."

What was the last new recipe or food you've tried?

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Average Joe. AJ. Joe
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 8th Sep 2019

Ahavati said:

OMG! This⁠—

https://www.southernliving.com/recipes/eggnog-spice-cake-bourbon-custard-filling-eggnog-buttercream-frosting-recipe?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=social-share-recipe&utm_content=20191008&fbclid=IwAR0t-Ar2CG_iPa3baQft5GuSI3hQUrOF0Co3J8VKpOoiaL_ygJD94dfkbqM

Do you enjoy eggnog?

Eggnog is an acquired taste I manage to acquire briefly once a year when in the driest of circumstances it is absolutely necessary so as not to offend. It ranks right next to fruit cake as things I have no wish to try again.

Does winter solstice hold meaning for you?

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

AverageJoe said:
Eggnog is an acquired taste I manage to acquire briefly once a year when in the driest of circumstances it is absolutely necessary so as not to offend. It ranks right next to fruit cake as things I have no wish to try again.

Does winter solstice hold meaning for you?

( lol @ eggnog! I enjoy it with spiced rum! Or maybe I enjoy spiced rum with eggnog. Who knows. )

Yes; as the rainbow does.  It's a promise regarding the return of Light.  Also metaphorically it's always darkest before the dawn.

What is your favorite tree.

butters
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 852

Ahavati said:

( lol @ eggnog! I enjoy it with spiced rum! Or maybe I enjoy spiced rum with eggnog. Who knows. )

Yes; as the rainbow does.  It's a promise regarding the return of Light.  Also metaphorically it's always darkest before the dawn.

that's hard, but probably an english oak... love its spreading shape, low branches, acorns... also love silver birches and so so many other trees. but, at the end of the clichéd day, i think it'll always be an english oak closest to my roots.

do you tend to prefer deciduous or evergreen trees?

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Average Joe. AJ. Joe
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 8th Sep 2019

Ahavati said:

The Celts a tree for every calendar moon. I should think a rowan, though it's a tree I've never seen.

The silliest holiday (any holiday) tradition you can think of?

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

butters said:that's hard, but probably an english oak... love its spreading shape, low branches, acorns... also love silver birches and so so many other trees. but, at the end of the clichéd day, i think it'll always be an english oak closest to my roots.

do you tend to prefer deciduous or evergreen trees?

Definitely deciduous.  They bare themselves and allow more light to enter the dark season.

Plans for the day?!

Edit:

AverageJoe said:
The Celts a tree for every calendar moon. I should think a rowan, though it's a tree I've never seen.

The silliest holiday (any holiday) tradition you can think of?

All Sweets Day or something like that, because Valentine's Day obviously isn't enough for consumerism.

Question above edit.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
butters
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 852

Ahavati said:

Definitely deciduous.  They bare themselves and allow more light to enter the dark season.

Plans for the day?!
getting dressed... already made fresh biscuits, bacon and eggs, sipping coffee now. animals sorted till late this afternoon. gonna go get dog food and a few bits, maybe start to finish the cushion i'm making for my m-i-l's bestie. date night tonight indoors date night, though, not much on and around right now.

do you ever wish your regular typing/text was as concise as your poetry voice? (know i do... in text i just ramble on)

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

butters said:getting dressed... already made fresh biscuits, bacon and eggs, sipping coffee now. animals sorted till late this afternoon. gonna go get dog food and a few bits, maybe start to finish the cushion i'm making for my m-i-l's bestie. date night tonight indoors date night, though, not much on and around right now.

do you ever wish your regular typing/text was as concise as your poetry voice? (know i do... in text i just ramble on)

Oh yeah! I am dyslexic ( which is why you see a million edits on my forum posts ); therefore, never seem to adequately convey thoughts!

Do you support small local businesses whenever you can, vs. large corporations like Walmart etc?

Go to page:
Go to: