AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Average Joe. AJ. Joe
Thought Provoker
United States
  profile   poems   message
Joined 8th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 170

Except for the occasional football game I rarely watch TV, (local, cable, Dish, satellite), Netflicks, Hulu...I'm in mental detox from the programming and programmers.

What has been your most freeing/liberating moment?

Sky_dancer
Sky_dancer
The Cosmic Dragon
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom
15awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 815

AverageJoe said:Except for the occasional football game I rarely watch TV, (local, cable, Dish, satellite), Netflicks, Hulu...I'm in mental detox from the programming and programmers.

What has been your most freeing/liberating moment?

The answer to this is a bit long, so please bear with me. Grrr.

I'd been looking for a spiritual click, for the missing jigsaw piece to fit. With each religion I dipped in I found a truth. I'd try to find meaning in this mess, and self acceptance.

I finally found buddhism, it opened up my awareness and helped me understand the questions I had. But even that as an organised religion is fucked up.

I spent 6 years as an ordained buddhist nun and felt a schism within myself for almost the entire ordination. I longed for love, for connection, for intimacy.

I decided to practice lay life again and reconcile that duality I felt inside and once again looked into other religions and philosophies. I came across Satanism (one would be forgiven for chuckling right now), but in the absurdity that is basing a religion around the ultimate spiritual recalcitrant, a voice came to me and said, "Embrace yourself ".

That was my lightbulb moment. I'd spent so long looking for answers outside myself... my self. It wasn't until a Satanist told me it is divine beauty I seek, divine meaning.

Does your life have purpose? If so, would you mind sharing what that is?

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Average Joe. AJ. Joe
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 8th Sep 2019

Sky_dancer said:

The answer to this is a bit long, so please bear with me. Grrr.

I'd been looking for a spiritual click, for the missing jigsaw piece to fit. With each religion I dipped in I found a truth. I'd try to find meaning in this mess, and self acceptance.

I finally found buddhism, it opened up my awareness and helped me understand the questions I had. But even that as an organised religion is fucked up.

I spent 6 years as an ordained buddhist nun and felt a schism within myself for almost the entire ordination. I longed for love, for connection, for intimacy.

I decided to practice lay life again and reconcile that duality I felt inside and once again looked into other religions and philosophies. I came across Satanism (one would be forgiven for chuckling right now), but in the absurdity that is basing a religion around the ultimate spiritual recalcitrant, a voice came to me and said, "Embrace yourself ".

That was my lightbulb moment. I'd spent so long looking for answers outside myself... my self. It wasn't until a Satanist told me it is divine beauty I seek, divine meaning.

Does your life have purpose? If so, would you mind sharing what that is?

Love. To learn to love myself, and to learn to love others. Everything else is just nickels and dimes. Small change.

What is the most perplexing thing (to you) when dealing with people in general?

Sky_dancer
Sky_dancer
The Cosmic Dragon
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom
15awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 815

AverageJoe said:

Love. To learn to love myself, and to learn to love others. Everything else is just nickels and dimes. Small change.

What is the most perplexing thing (to you) when dealing with people in general?

How blind they are unto themselves.

How can we avoid destroying ourselves?

cold_fusion
cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Australia
19awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 2314

Focusing on our kids

One fruit that doesn't agree with you?

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Average Joe. AJ. Joe
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 8th Sep 2019

AEMelia564
AEMelia564
Y
Tyrant of Words
Norway
55awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 2383

cold_fusion said:Focusing on our kids

One fruit that doesn't agree with you?

I do love them but citrusfruits I over react to, they cause redness of skin.
Do you think new species of animals and plants will continue to exist?

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
6awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 311

Absolutely, Its just a natural course of existene to mutate, evolve and survive.

Do you ever feel you are bored with everything, food, clothes. movies, words, people...everything has become so predictable, nothing but a cliche?

AEMelia564
AEMelia564
Y
Tyrant of Words
Norway
Joined 20th Apr 2016

Layla said:Absolutely, Its just a natural course of existene to mutate, evolve and survive.

Do you ever feel you are bored with everything, food, clothes. movies, words, people...everything has become so predictable, nothing but a cliche?

Yes absolutely, i do feel this is the case. I never shop fro shopping centers but even the thrift shop, second hand shops and charity shopss have become trendy. I often wonder if it is possible to be oriiginal. What do you do against boredom?

butters
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 715

AEMelia564 said:

Yes absolutely, i do feel this is the case. I never shop fro shopping centers but even the thrift shop, second hand shops and charity shopss have become trendy. I often wonder if it is possible to be oriiginal. What do you do against boredom?

i really don't seem to get bored, as a rule.. always too many things i like doing, creating, from sewing to knitting to landscaping and writing, reading, cooking, learning to drive... so many things. as to originality, sure, make your own clothes, adapt stuff you buy or already own, use your imagination!

do you prefer wood and stone or more a glass and metal vibe in architecture/decor?

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
75awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 3727

butters said:

i really don't seem to get bored, as a rule.. always too many things i like doing, creating, from sewing to knitting to landscaping and writing, reading, cooking, learning to drive... so many things. as to originality, sure, make your own clothes, adapt stuff you buy or already own, use your imagination!

do you prefer wood and stone or more a glass and metal vibe in architecture/decor?

Definitely wood and stone; however, lots of glass for light.  

What style house do you like the most?

AEMelia564
AEMelia564
Y
Tyrant of Words
Norway
Joined 20th Apr 2016

butters said:

I prefer the first stone and wood since it adds a natural feeling to it.
Do you like spending time by yourself?

AEMelia564
AEMelia564
Y
Tyrant of Words
Norway
Joined 20th Apr 2016

Ahavati said:

Definitely wood and stone; however, lots of glass for light.  

What style house do you like the most?

The one on the picture if Id live all by myself its a tinyhouse , part of it is natural. You find these on some ocasions as holidays houses too for trekking but its getting more popular to live in one.
What house would you choose?

butters
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 715

AEMelia564 said:

The one on the picture if Id live all by myself its a tinyhouse , part of it is natural. You find these on some ocasions as holidays houses too for trekking but its getting more popular to live in one.
What house would you choose?
oh bless! that looks like a romany caravan without its wheels!

yes, love me some time alone

i was going to say a hobbithouse, because i LOVE a hobbit house though maybe it's better suited for living alone than with my husband, his mother and the animals

do you have an elderly relative *cough* who walks around hugging herself or saying she's really cold, wearing thin, hot weather clothing when it's chilly autumn weather but refuses to put on a jumper, warm pants, or a warm dressing gown, all of which she has aplenty?

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
6awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 311

I don't have any elderly relatives living near me, although, you just described me...i do get cold fast and i get lazy putting on proper clothing.

What are your meal plans for today?

Go to page:
Go to: