Go to page:

Ask the person below you a question

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

ImperfectedStone said:Compost, burn pine cones.

Favourite song for a quiet evening?

sad songs mainly - - - - "Sorry seems to be the hardest word by Elton John"

favourite song to headbang or dance to?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

Please Mr Postmand by the Carpenters

what is your culty secret movie?

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5155

shhh it's a secret😉 The Blues Brothers

Yours?

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

Cult favorite?  Since its halloween time, i have to say the original Halloween movie with jamie lee curtis, to this day it still scares me with the haunting music in the background.

In 2 months it'll be 2020, do you think so far 2019 has been a good year, bad year, so so...?

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5155

Layla said:Cult favorite?  Since its halloween time, i have to say the original Halloween movie with jamie lee curtis, to this day it still scares me with the haunting music in the background.

In 2 months it'll be 2020, do you think so far 2019 has been a good year, bad year, so so...?

An overwhelmingly good year personally.

You?

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018

Bad, very bad actually and I don't wish it upon anyone, not even my worse enemy.

So...2 days ago I was off and i was going to visit a friend and I saw a homeless older man standing by the lights, holding a sign, all the passerbys were ignoring him and i noticed he hung his head in exasperation and disappointment.  I felt bad and i pulled $5 and rolled down my window and called him over, he was so happy, he ran and took the money.  Few hours later another man (younger) was standing in the same spot holding the same sign ( i recognized the same cardboard sign, the same color ink, the same writing) and something occured to me, that perhaps that some of those people were working together to collect money...what do you think, do you think some make a business out of it??

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

Layla said:Bad, very bad actually and I don't wish it upon anyone, not even my worse enemy.

So...2 days ago I was off and i was going to visit a friend and I saw a homeless older man standing by the lights, holding a sign, all the passerbys were ignoring him and i noticed he hung his head in exasperation and disappointment.  I felt bad and i pulled $5 and rolled down my window and called him over, he was so happy, he ran and took the money.  Few hours later another man (younger) was standing in the same spot holding the same sign ( i recognized the same cardboard sign, the same color ink, the same writing) and something occured to me, that perhaps that some of those people were working together to collect money...what do you think, do you think some make a business out of it??

Perhaps, but I wouldn't look at that negatively. They could all be sleeping in the same tent village, storm drain, underpass, copse of trees off the interstate. . . perhaps they take turns then share a meal or buy something the group needs.  Taking turns standing and begging has to be emotionally grueling.  

When you give money to a person requesting it, do you care what they do with it? Or, is it the act of giving that is important?

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018

Not at all, i feel whether they want to buy a breakfast or cigs, or liquor..whatever they want to indulge themselves its theirs, i gave it to them willingly.  Otherwise, i would've given them a specific item, i know alot of people do, they go buy them sandwich because they want to make sure their money was actually used the way it was intended.

Do you drink water from tap or do you purchase water, or do you have filter at  home?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Layla said:Not at all, i feel whether they want to buy a breakfast or cigs, or liquor..whatever they want to indulge themselves its theirs, i gave it to them willingly.  Otherwise, i would've given them a specific item, i know alot of people do, they go buy them sandwich because they want to make sure their money was actually used the way it was intended.

Do you drink water from tap or do you purchase water, or do you have filter at  home?

I purchase purified spring water from the mountains in non BPA bottles.  Sometimes I take glass gallon jars and fill them up from a friend's well.  I would like to own a Kangen machine one day.

Do you believe in global warming?

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

Ahavati said:

I purchase purified spring water from the mountains in non BPA bottles.  Sometimes I take glass gallon jars and fill them up from a friend's well.  I would like to own a Kangen machine one day.

Do you believe in global warming?

is that a trick question? of course! and anthropomorphic global warming as the correlation is clear as a bell. the world warms and cools regardless, but the impact of man burning fossil fuels, deforestation, polluting polluting polluting... yeah, creates imbalance and faster, less-easily-adapted-to changes

when you write, are titles ever a problem for you?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

butters said: is that a trick question? of course! and anthropomorphic global warming as the correlation is clear as a bell. the world warms and cools regardless, but the impact of man burning fossil fuels, deforestation, polluting polluting polluting... yeah, creates imbalance and faster, less-easily-adapted-to changes

( Not kidding. There is an entire league out there still denying global warming. . .)

when you write, are titles ever a problem for you?

Not really, no. They seem to write themselves.

What is the most difficult thing for you about writing poetry?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Getting started.  I have the idea, the inspiration, but getting started on those that don't just fall out of the pen is sometimes tough.  Gotta work for it! LOL!

What do you recommend on netflix?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Go to page:
Go to: