Forum Posts: 2461

weve ruined it now lol

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

mysteriouslady said:weve ruined it now lol

no, can't concentrate around small busy children.

do you feel guilty about messing up the thread?

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012

butters said:

no, can't concentrate around small busy children.

do you feel guilty about messing up the thread?

haha  nope. not one bit. weve brought it back!

Have you ever been considered a rebel and why?

poet Anonymous

Miss_Sub said:I’m afraid I don’t have children.

Do you ever wonder what the world would be like without you in it?

My existence has no impact on the world, good or bad...no single individual does. The world would not be better or worse without me.

Do you feel that technology may supplant individualism and humanity within the next 20 years?

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012

Mister_Write said:

My existence has no impact on the world, good or bad...no single individual does. The world would not be better or worse without me.

Do you feel that technology may supplant individualism and humanity within the next 20 years?

I fear that technology is ridiculous and thank god we can use it for a place like this. Otherwise, Id would be forced to invite all of you to my home and we could discus things/poems/stories over tetrazzini and whiskey....

How has technology changed you, if it has at all?

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

mysteriouslady said:
Have you ever been considered a rebel and why?

I fear that technology is ridiculous and thank god we can use it for a place like this. Otherwise, Id would be forced to invite all of you to my home and we could discus things/poems/stories over tetrazzini and whiskey....

How has technology changed you, if it has at all?

rarely, but effectively, yes:
i was the studious, respectful student standing up for another classmate assaulted by the geography teacher in a classroom outburst.. we didn't see him after reporting the event to the head when everyone else was fussing about what to do and bitching, thinking nothing could be done

led the school 'rebellion' as a 5th former re uniform in the 6th form... we got the rules changed

got the local ranger scouts group (all male, as were all in the surrounding burroughs) to accept myself and 2 other girls as scouts and not 'girl guides'... was a matter of equality and the boys having better trips, really.

a few other things, not too any, but all about making things 'fair'

technology? yep, i write most my poetry direct to screen now rather than paper

has someone else answered before i typed this out? :D

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012

butters said:
rarely, but effectively, yes:
i was the studious, respectful student standing up for another classmate assaulted by the geography teacher in a classroom outburst.. we didn't see him after reporting the event to the head when everyone else was fussing about what to do and bitching, thinking nothing could be done

led the school 'rebellion' as a 5th former re uniform in the 6th form... we got the rules changed

got the local ranger scouts group (all male, as were all in the surrounding burroughs) to accept myself and 2 other girls as scouts and not 'girl guides'... was a matter of equality and the boys having better trips, really.

a few other things, not too any, but all about making things 'fair'

technology? yep, i write most my poetry direct to screen now rather than paper

has someone else answered before i typed this out? :D

Nope, just you dearest.

Do you miss writing on paper?

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

mysteriouslady said:

Nope, just you dearest.

Do you miss writing on paper?
not really. still do it that way on occasion, but my mind's gotten used to sitting down, white screen or dialogue box, fingers hovering over keys, breathe out, let it come.... like those actions are a little kata or mantra, sets me up ready, opens the doors

i've spent some hours, this afternoon, chainsawing up the big old branches of a great big tree we had cut down before it fell--rotten inside. do you get some deep satisfaction from physical activity/labour, where your mind is freed from other concerns and soaking up the experiences?

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012

butters said:not really. still do it that way on occasion, but my mind's gotten used to sitting down, white screen or dialogue box, fingers hovering over keys, breathe out, let it come.... like those actions are a little kata or mantra, sets me up ready, opens the doors

i've spent some hours, this afternoon, chainsawing up the big old branches of a great big tree we had cut down before it fell--rotten inside. do you get some deep satisfaction from physical activity/labour, where your mind is freed from other concerns and soaking up the experiences?

Yes I do. I chop the wood for our fire place/pit sometimes. Its tough but cheaper than traditional therapy.

Every time I see your username I wanna yell BUTTERS!  

Anyone else's username here do that for you?  lol.  

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

I believe it does influence.  For some it may branching out to other parts of their selves and for others it may take a completely different persona.  Either way, i think it influences creativity.
Btw, i love Miss Butters name as well..i find it so endearing

Looking around Du, who's username do you find it most interesting?

AverageJoe
Average Joe. AJ. Joe
Dangerous Mind
United States 1awards
Joined 8th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 601

Layla said:I believe it does influence.  For some it may branching out to other parts of their selves and for others it may take a completely different persona.  Either way, i think it influences creativity.
Btw, i love Miss Butters name as well..i find it so endearing

Looking around Du, who's username do you find it most interesting?

Lol, Averagejoe of course!

What's for brunch?

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

Pizza.

Ever make bread dough from scratch?

Go to page:
Go to: