Light or bust! But I'm a trekki...

You like Farscape?

I adore it 💜.

What is your favorite sci fi movie?

poet Anonymous

LunaGreyhawk said:

I liked Black Panther.

How do you react when you're ignored, without an explanation?

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

Mister_Write said:

I liked Black Panther.

How do you react when you're ignored, without an explanation?

I try to accept it. It's not easy, but the other person knows what they need. I want their boundaries to be respected even if I feel like I took it the wrong way. Sometimes I try to send a signal that I understand... but I don't try to do it in a way that requires a response.

How do you function in a group where you are partially accepted?

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

LunaGreyhawk said:

I adore it 💜.

Just wanted to say...my fav movie is the two parter at the end of Star Trek, Voyager.

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 885

EdibleWords said:

I try to accept it. It's not easy, but the other person knows what they need. I want their boundaries to be respected even if I feel like I took it the wrong way. Sometimes I try to send a signal that I understand... but I don't try to do it in a way that requires a response.

How do you function in a group where you are partially accepted?

I知 on the spectrum, so this one is a real tough one - I often struggle with knowing whether or not I知 accepted, so I always operate on the assumption I知 tolerated lol; it keeps me from being too loud or blurting things out, but it also allows me to speak when I have something to add.

How about you?

poet Anonymous

LunaGreyhawk said:

I知 on the spectrum, so this one is a real tough one - I often struggle with knowing whether or not I知 accepted, so I always operate on the assumption I知 tolerated lol; it keeps me from being too loud or blurting things out, but it also allows me to speak when I have something to add.

How about you?

That circumstance is difficult and changing it is often futile.  Frankly, unless the reason for the partial exclusion is explained to me, feelings of resentment set in...I consider it rude and without empathy.

How often do you write?  Daily? When the mood strikes?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
souladareatease
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 28th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 5085

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Have never seen the show...probably Super Hans

Will today be a day of juggling and getting things done
or will it be a casual laid-back day>?

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

I'm off today and will have breakfast with a friend and then hang out shopping and enjoying the day.  I'm looking forward to it honestly, its been tough lately...as someone famously said, death is easy, living is hard.

I've been thinking alot lately on what makes someone cheap, frugal.  I know few people are based on their past, because they were broke for so long, now that they have a bit of money, they're scared to spend.  
But then there's a young girl whom i work with who admits on being cheap, although she lives at home, upper middle class family, doesn't have bills, no history of being broke in the past.

So the trait of being cheap is it something learned or something born with?

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 10awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1161

Layla said:I'm off today and will have breakfast with a friend and then hang out shopping and enjoying the day.  I'm looking forward to it honestly, its been tough lately...as someone famously said, death is easy, living is hard.

I've been thinking alot lately on what makes someone cheap, frugal.  I know few people are based on their past, because they were broke for so long, now that they have a bit of money, they're scared to spend.  
But then there's a young girl whom i work with who admits on being cheap, although she lives at home, upper middle class family, doesn't have bills, no history of being broke in the past.

So the trait of being cheap is it something learned or something born with?

I dunno, it depends what you mean by "cheap". If it means selfishly hoarding & not sharing what they have.... that might come from negative experiences in the past and has to be unlearned. If it means not falling prey to mindless consumption and buying every new thing, then I'd like to hope it's a skill more of us can learn before we eat our planet.

I think my 14-year old took nothing but cookies for lunch today. Does that make me a bad parent?! 😆

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

No.

How do you deal with your kid's lunch police on that menu?

poet Anonymous

I知 afraid I don稚 have children.

Do you ever wonder what the world would be like without you in it?

Go to page:
Go to: