Go to page:

Ask the person below you a question

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
6awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 309

Tallen said:

Garlic!  Keeps the Vampires away -- You know how thin the veil is this time of year  

What winter Fruit are You and why?


I'm a pomegranate because its beautiful like a jewel, sweet yet mysterious  and its one of the ancient fruits that has number of symbolisms.

How about you?

butters
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 691

Layla said:

I'm a pomegranate because its beautiful like a jewel, sweet yet mysterious  and its one of the ancient fruits that has number of symbolisms.

How about you?
tangerine...bright, juicy, easily peeled, great in stockings at xmas (well, back in the day, lol)



have you ever written a book of poetry by hand and given it to someone special?

brokentitanium
brokentitanium
Fire of Insight
Canada
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 199

butters said:tangerine...bright, juicy, easily peeled, great in stockings at xmas (well, back in the day, lol)



have you ever written a book of poetry by hand and given it to someone special?


No, but I made a photo album of nude pics (of me, LOL) for my husband once many years ago. Hid it in his luggage. The girlfriend & I who took the photos of each other laughed our asses off all through our "photo shoot". (She did one for her bf.) It was great fun - and much appreciated! This was pre-digital age so we had great giggles imagining the guy developing the photos...
Gosh that feels like forever ago.

What makes you feel old?

cold_fusion
cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Australia
19awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 2311

brokentitanium said:

No, but I made a photo album of nude pics (of me, LOL) for my husband once many years ago. Hid it in his luggage. The girlfriend & I who took the photos of each other laughed our asses off all through our "photo shoot". (She did one for her bf.) It was great fun - and much appreciated! This was pre-digital age so we had great giggles imagining the guy developing the photos...
Gosh that feels like forever ago.

What makes you feel old?

Having to explain to my son how the pre-digital landline telephone handsets worked, the dialing part seems antique to my 7 yo

You?

Sky_dancer
Sky_dancer
The Cosmic Dragon
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom
15awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 813

cold_fusion said:
Having to explain to my son how the pre-digital landline telephone handsets worked, the dialing part seems antique to my 7 yo

You?


When I forget I'm immortal and mere dust, cosmically.

What virtue do you hold dear?

Commentonly
Commentonly
Twisted Dreamer
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Oct 2016
Forum Posts: 124

Sky_dancer said:

When I forget I'm immortal and mere dust, cosmically.

What virtue do you hold dear?


Honesty because it's the hardest to hold to properly especially when it comes to self reflection, and the ability to alter tour own perceptions when new evidence comes to light..

What virtue is the most destructive if given too much credence

David_Macleod
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
39awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2254

Commentonly said:

Honesty because it's the hardest to hold to properly especially when it comes to self reflection, and the ability to alter tour own perceptions when new evidence comes to light..

What virtue is the most destructive if given too much credence


Love

if you had to choose one of the 7 deadly sins which one would you be ok with?

Tallen
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 1148

David_Macleod said:

if you had to choose one of the 7 deadly sins which one would you be ok with?


It would be a tie between
Gluttony and Sloth

You (same Q)?

David_Macleod
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
39awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2254

probably Lust

fondest childhood memory?

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
6awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 309

Climbing the fruit trees in my neighborhood and sitting on the branches sampling fruit, fingers all sticky, shirt dirty but I was happy.

If you could only take 3 items from your house if there's a fire or evacuation, what will you take (objects, not people or pets)?

butters
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 691

Layla said:Climbing the fruit trees in my neighborhood and sitting on the branches sampling fruit, fingers all sticky, shirt dirty but I was happy.

If you could only take 3 items from your house if there's a fire or evacuation, what will you take (objects, not people or pets)?
my box of gov't officialdom stuff... passport/papers/green card/all the visa docs; the box of old mementoes of my kids.. pics, pictures, cards (and that was pared down for weight before flying over); my box with love letters, pictures he drew me, 'stuff' all realting to me and my husband H.


do you find it less easy to love a pine tree than a deciduous one?

ImperfectedStone
ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom
27awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Oct 2010
Forum Posts: 1212

Adore pines, particularly when the needles fall.

What's your favourite deciduous tree?

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
75awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 3716

ImperfectedStone said:Adore pines, particularly when the needles fall.

What's your favourite deciduous tree?


I'm partial to oak and elm.  

Do you burn or compost your leaves?

ImperfectedStone
ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom
27awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Oct 2010
Forum Posts: 1212

Compost, burn pine cones.

Favourite song for a quiet evening?

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
75awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 3716

ImperfectedStone said:Compost, burn pine cones.

Favourite song for a quiet evening?


Fireflies Tiko Lasola: https://tikolasola.com/
I actually gained permission to use it for one of my spoken word pieces.

Here is a video featuring it called the Firefly Experience.  The natural sounds really enhance the music, imho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k72jGJTC_3o

Yours?

Go to page:
Go to: