Go to page:

Ghosteen – Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds (Global Premiere)

poet Anonymous

Ahavati said:Oh crap! He's taking us full circle to the beginning. I must have this album! Sheesh what I will be able to create with it!

yep i understand...i think as artists there is a level of trust in which we have to instinctively  depend upon within each other in order to grow.... and to listen to 'successful artists' like NC in these days, that feeling has become increasingly more difficult and rare...thats why i thought this was a something quite important in terms of an existance of some/any artistic zeitgeist...which should always exist no matter how underground....here on this forum there are levels within artists here i can genuinely respond to and feel supported by and that is so important. i am so glad of your responses Ahavati for me its valuable

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14587

nomoth said:

yep i understand...i think as artists their is a level of trust in which we have to instinctively  depend upon within each other in order to grow.... and to listen to 'successful artists' like NC in these days, that feeling has become increasingly more difficult and rare...thats why i thought this was a something quite important in terms of an existance of some/any artistic zeitgeist...which should always exist no matter how underground....here on this forum there are levels within artists here i can genuinely respond to and that is so important. i am so glad of your responses Ahavati for me its valuable

I thoroughly enjoyed it, nomoth. I am happy you posted the reminder. It's something I had on my to-do list; but, had so much on my friggin plate.  It was so nice to just be able to kick back and listen.  It was definitely a blessing. I feel like I'm coming down from a great 60's high that the likes of this generation ( and probably the last two ) will never know except maybe through music such as this.

AnonymousBystander
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 28th Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 226

thanks for the reminder ... it was good to listen to as it happened ... I haven't listened to much else since ...

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

The most noteworthy thing about listening to something live with 15,000 others is the combined energy - it's amazing.  

AnonymousBystander
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 28th Sep 2018

Any thoughts on what the word 'ghosteen' means?

poet Anonymous

from what i read about the album.... '-teen' on the end of the word means little. so it would be 'lttle ghost' which would refer to his son who passed and of whom a lot of the songs are about.

also thanks for thanks AB.

AnonymousBystander
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 28th Sep 2018

thanks for the note ... his faith is very compelling ...

badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
19awards
Joined 3rd May 2014
Forum Posts: 433

Nick is the best Artist that has come out of Australia...and me LOL. He was influenced by Leonard Cohen as a young poet/songwriter...sadly he wasn't fully appreciated down here until moved overseas.
Cheers...Harry

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

badmalthus said:Nick is the best Artist that has come out of Australia...and me LOL. He was influenced by Leonard Cohen as a young poet/songwriter...sadly he wasn't fully appreciated down here until moved overseas.
Cheers...Harry

a prophet has no honour in his own country

badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
19awards
Joined 3rd May 2014
Forum Posts: 433

Ahavati said:

So true A...I have none  

Go to page:
Go to: