Go to page:

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5289

David_Macleod said:I think that madame Lavander is right about one thing - I have said all I want to say on this subject - if you are unable to read what you have written and my posts on these threads then that is not my problem. You have successfully got this thread buried like the others and I am done. You have beaten me into submission, I am waving a white flag, surrendering - there are a small number of people who are and have experienced bullying, people should not be able to have multiple accounts and the blocking facility should be more robust - I leane that to the webmiss and the mods to decide - It is no completely out of my hands as I have no power to activate change. If the members don't care about these issues then they will continue unabated. I have done my bit it is over - over and out

if someone however good or bad their poetry or their education/literacy level is, lacks the capacity to deal with the subject and subject only , attacks the person who is raising some uncomfortable questions, he/she is clearly a bully. There is a clear pattern here of past years of such behaviour, unfortunately David has been subject of such bullying and he is raising a valid point. That is the context. A bully lacks the capacity to deal with and stay on the subject, he only knows one thing..attack the one who raises the question rather than counter with an argument. Long story short.. gets personal straight away even if it is not directly involving him/her personally.
For that reason this indeed is an important topic. uncomfortable obviously for some.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

David_Macleod said:I am more than happy to see these threads disappear if some kind of action or solutions are found

if it were me I'd post the links to my profile page. simples

terms of actions  and solutions  what do you suggest

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

I've reviewed the poems and can't really see abusive or bullying. if I've missed something please point it / them out and I'll do it again

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2255

Your right
bulling some one
is clearly wrong
the problem is
reading
between the lines
there are some people
that clearly
do not understand this
there is out right physical
bullying
there is bullying
with words
attacking some one
in nasty vindictive
ways
this is where
it gets alittle confusing
to those
who are alittle sensitive
when uncomfortable questions,
are being asked
instead of
a little self reflection
on why are those
questions
being asked
one is classed
as a bully

Truth is cold
common sense
logical reasoning
is Colder

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

All important issues no doubt. the threads in question have been viewed many hundreds of times each. I think its fair to say those who would vote and comment have probably done so by now. the threads are still available through the Forums dropdown at the top of the page, through the Forum catch-up at the bottom of the page and those who've subscribed still get a notification whenever a new post is posted

Bullying has no refuge here. yes, it goes on, but when highlighted it's normally sorted out fairly quickly. there are of course obvious problems when it comes to poems which aren't direct or are veiled because they're open to interpretation. pm's and comments are much easier to deal with

multi profiles in my opinion are something we could do without, but they're part and parcel of the site for now. one cannot hope force a change in policy by  starting a poll or posting threads demanding a change. i know this

I think we need to keep in mind that our opinions are subjective. people will dissagree. i think it's also important to look at the way we interact with people first before pointing fingers at others. lead by example so to speak

I, like the rest of the mod team are always available through PM or through the questions thing to help deal with abuse, bullying  and everything else in-between.

I have no wish to frustrate or annoy you. i will do anything i can to help. I hope between us all we can find some sort of closure  

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

I am so tired and feel like I am being dragged back in and down with a mess I was trying to ignore altogether. It will never be solved I can see that now. Bullies 3 - David 0  and if that lets them celebrate the win then so be it and despite encouragement to raise these issues I will not be doing it again. I have now done my bit with very little back up so I am giving up and the abuses and bullying will still continue but at least I tried. All the MODS know in their heart what has and is going on - I will take no further part. \my parting words are if only one person is affected by multiple account abuse. or bullying or insulting behaviour then that is one too many

BTW Nothing you have done would frustrate or annoy me as I know you are a straight arrow

Go to page:
Go to: