Which type of comps do you prefer to enter?

84.62% • 11 votes • Judged ( prefferably by someone(s) who reads all entries, makes comparisons and explains choices )
15.38% • 2 votes • Anonymous public voting
Total votes: 13
Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

Which type of comps do you prefer to enter?

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2454

[quote-452314-takis1917]I definitely prefer the competitions to be judged by the individual(s) who create them. [/quote

I ditto this shit right here. <3

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2287

Ahavati said:

deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems/358061-pick-a-damn-winner-already/ <<<<<--bad link

You can do eeet!

You mean like the comp that may never produce a winner ( Doppelgänger: the DUP Oscars ) -- the one i suggested a medal for participation?
LOL  

Of course i knew what You meant Sister
maybe i was just being a smarty-pants again  

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:It's not important for a judge to be identified ( by Johnny or me, anyway ).  We have back up judges in the Classics who break our ties ( and we have had quite a few ).  They wish to remain anonymous so we honor that.  Judging can be akin to honest critiquing; some members want you to be honest, then bite your head off when you are.  A few members who have experienced that bite no longer wish themselves exposed to such behaviour.  And they won't be.

Anyway, the main purpose of this thread was to address the backlog of competitions in regards to public voting.  We hoped those who continually hold competitions yet never pick winners might be able to gauge what type of comps the majority of members like to enter.  It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it!  So get a few friends together that you trust to be honest and choose.

deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems/358061-pick-a-damn-winner-already/

You can do eeet!

And the growing consensus ( currently 9 to 1 ) is people preferring judged comps.

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

Most definitely read and judged by either the host or if they can't I would hope he/she would find a couple of unbiased people who take on the decision of judging.
I feel most offended when the host says at the end of the comp "too many to choose from, too many great entries and its daunting so its going to public voting."  
That to me shows not only incompetence but also disrespect to all thost people who took the time to participate.

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

Layla said:Most definitely read and judged by either the host or if they can't I would hope he/she would find a couple of unbiased people who take on the decision of judging.
I feel most offended when the host says at the end of the comp "too many to choose from, too many great entries and its daunting so its going to public voting."  
That to me shows not only incompetence but also disrespect to all thost people who took the time to participate.

Thank you, Layla ... that’s it EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY!!!

Hdrider
Uncle Tex
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 12th Sep 2017
Forum Posts: 29

Read and Judged is the right way. Anyonmous votig leads to someone getting 2-3 lines in and skipping off the the next or only reading the ones with interest due to the title.

Maybe the host can appoint 1 or 2 others and allow them to all input, having 3 is the majic number as you would have no tie.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14574

Butters.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:Butters.

I'm partial to Harry myself.  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

I'm partial to Harry myself.  

LOL!

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2287

Ahavati said:Butters.

Butters????????            

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Tallen said:

Butters????????            

EvaChunMeng
Eva ChunMeng
Strange Creature
China
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 5

I don't have a preference...both points of view have valid arguments.

Anarchitect
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 21st Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 105

What the $#@% is going on in here ?!

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

cheers!