Forum Posts: 1347

Resuming day to day life

Where do you want to go next?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14270

After the bonfire the Blue Ridge parkway for the autumn changing of the leaves. I have no idea why it reminds me of the changing of the guards at the palace; I guess because to me it's as regal.  

Is there a particular ritual you perform to prepare for winter?

ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 28awards
Joined 10th Oct 2010

I cut and dry flowers, mostly ready for New Year when I hang boughs of flowers and leaves across the walls of the dining room. My only celebrations of the year is every full Moon and New Year's day when all my hungover friends come by and I serve a roast. Both are bliss. Other than that I just enjoy the seasons.

When did you last paint?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

ImperfectedStone said:I cut and dry flowers, mostly ready for New Year when I hang boughs of flowers and leaves across the walls of the dining room. My only celebrations of the year is every full Moon and New Year's day when all my hungover friends come by and I serve a roast. Both are bliss. Other than that I just enjoy the seasons.

When did you last paint?

Oh my goodness - way too many years ( and I know better ). But in lieu of confined space, I have focused on writing.  I think soon I will have a studio for both.  <3

Do you just hang the flowers after they've seeded? Or do you have catches under them? What is your favorite flower to transplant each autumn? I Love purple irises. xo

ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 28awards
Joined 10th Oct 2010

Erygiums, alliums, Nigella seed pods are my favourites. I must try purple irises, thank you!

When did you last sing in public?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

ImperfectedStone said:Erygiums, alliums, Nigella seed pods are my favourites. I must try purple irises, thank you!

When did you last sing in public?

(You will LOVE purple irises! They multiply beautifully and you can separate the bulbs and replant each autumn.  They'll be double the blooms the following spring.)

When I was a missionary to Central America.

Are you contemplating publishing?

ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 28awards
Joined 10th Oct 2010

Course not, I'm scared of abandonment and not being good enough. I am contemplating a spoken word event.

When was the last time you took a train...to where?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

ImperfectedStone said:Course not, I'm scared of abandonment and not being good enough. I am contemplating a spoken word event.

When was the last time you took a train...to where?

( You're good enough. I wouldn't just say that; my reputation demands I'm honest. )

Monorail into Charlotte!  

Are you inspired to write poetry by people riding public transit?

ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 28awards
Joined 10th Oct 2010

Riding? The train, not particularly but I love being on one - Particularly a long one alone, people watching...so I suppose maybe, yes...

Do you think it's more important to be in all abandoning love or safe love?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

ImperfectedStone said:Riding? The train, not particularly but I love being on one - Particularly a long one alone, people watching...so I suppose maybe, yes...

Do you think it's more important to be in all abandoning love or safe love?

Hmmmm. . .not sure I know how to explain this one.  There is a third love which entails essences of both the above: abandonment and safety ( or, security ).  There is abandonment in security when you meet your soul mate.  You can totally be yourself without worry of making them angry or jealous ( or losing them ), because they know you, and they know you need to be who you are in order to be happy.  They understand the context when you tell another man you love them.  They understand the need for attention toward others so that they may grow as well. They understand your need for space, for solitude without feeling threatened that they will lose you.

Perhaps in certain lives we need to experience both kinds of love in order to recognize the third - it is by contrast that we learn only what we truly want through what we do not.

Where do you see your life in five years?  

ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 28awards
Joined 10th Oct 2010

I honestly have no idea. Hopefully being loyal to my daughter's happiness first and foremost. The rest will fumble through.

What about you?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Gosh, I already feel like I am living the dream, so there's no possible thing I could see except the overall happiness, health, and prosperity of my grandson, family, and friends.  

How do you give thanks for something in your life?

ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 28awards
Joined 10th Oct 2010

Generally with my time and fierce loyalty.

What do you use to steady yourself when you're feeling, for lack of a better word, 'wobbly'?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Meditation.  This doesn't necessarily mean sitting in the lotus position repeating a mantra.  It can mean gardening, cooking, focusing on something I love and giving gratitude for the beauty in my life typically quels any anxiety I am experiencing.  A nice lavender bath with sea salt also purifies your system of negativity.

What do you love doing the most?

ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 28awards
Joined 10th Oct 2010

Intimacy, in all its forms, cuddles with little, water enveloping my body, dirt in hands, embedding my mind in music, sex.

What about you?

Go to page:
Go to: