Go to page:

Ask The Person Below You A Question

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14574

Commentonly said:

I don’t think humans are wired that way, if we were young children wouldn’t seek to compete against other children, it’s competing that shows how much we wish to achieve, be recognised and overall be accepted, achievements don’t need to be grand accomplishments despite our current culture screaming we should all be millionaires..

Achieveing nothing seems to me to be a road toward nihilism, resentment and outright hostility toward self and others.

I agree regarding achieving nothing. I mean even blooming where you are planted is achieving your purpose, i.e. - to bloom.

How are you spending your day tomorrow?

In the Blue Ridge mountains!

butters said:
do you like to watch ice-skating?

Yes - I enjoy watching it now.

Is it easier to love or to be loved?

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

Commentonly said:
How are you spending your day tomorrow?

sitting in a chair all day

do you think you might get tired sitting all the time?

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2454

I would definitely get tired. lol  

Last dream you remember?

poet Anonymous

David_Macleod said:

sitting in a chair all day

do you think you might get tired sitting all the time?

I do know that it's not good for your health in the long run but there's not much tome for that b in my life so I tend to almost pass out if I sit down.

Edit last dream i remember involved a lot of blood but its all vague and foggy...

Does anyone know how many pregnancies were the average for women in the 16th century?

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

That i was late for work, i woke up much too early and ended up going an hour early ( color me idiot)

edited:  hmm i don't know, i would have to guess 9 pregnancies..
The last time you lied and you felt it was justified?

poet Anonymous

Layla said:That i was late for work, i woke up much too early and ended up going an hour early ( color me idiot)

The last time you lied and you felt it was justified?

Telling my two year old the I-pad was broken so we could read a real book together with paper and pictures and everything

What was the survival rate of babies in the 16th and 17th centuries?

poet Anonymous

@commentonly it wasn’t a high rate.

@Layla When I knew somebody was catfishing somebody. And stayed quiet because they didn’t need to be hurt anymore.

What is your favourite flavour of chocolate?

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2454

i wasnt speeding, I swear. I was only late for work. haha

Who was the last person you high~fived?

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

My higher manager, he hi'fived congratulating me on my work, how i'm directly responsible for the great profits they've been seeing but inside i just didn't care cause my immediate supervisor has been treating me like shite for 2 months, anyhoo the HR is involved at the moment..we shall see...

How satisified are you with the the work you do and how you're treated at work?

poet Anonymous

The work I do: bloom where you are planted. That’s what I say.

High fives... My cat 🐈

Do you think animals have extra sensory perception? For example, my lads definitely know when Hubs is on his way home because they wait by the window.

poet Anonymous

Is it easier to love or to be loved? 

Depends on the person involved some people you live and they drain you, pull at it and wear you down, other tines it's worth the sacrifice and joy to watch as whoever you love grows and prospers; helping where you can. It's interconnected and varied between people.

Those that celebrate your achievements and are there for you when you are failing are eaiser to love; those that are bitter at your achievements and pull you further down when you fail are harder to love,  but often people vary between one state or another we're dynamic and strange

What is your favourite flavour of chocolate?

Black forest

Who was the last person you high~fived?

My son for helping move some furniture around

What was the survival rate of babies in the 16th and 17th centuries?

I believe from memory 3 out of 10 survived birth....

How satisified are you with the the work you do and how you're treated at work?
Run our own business so we treat ourselves like slaves to the business however because it gives purpose and drive we are satisfied despite the draw backs

And as to animals and extra senses I don't know haven't  really thought about it

What message do you get from the Joker movie if youve seen it, conversely if you haven't what traits do you think he is emblematic of?

poet Anonymous

Please see one of my latest poems “Arthur Fleck Knows” which I wrote about Joker and how we seem to have the same problem with inappropriate laughter as an extreme reaction to stress. It’s also got me into trouble my whole life. Found myself empathising so much. Film of the year for me. There’s nothing I didn’t like about it. Absolutely fkn mint.

What message do I get from it? You are ultimately a product of your environment.

How about you?

poet Anonymous

Miss_Sub said:Please see one of my latest poems “Arthur Fleck Knows” which I wrote about Joker and how we seem to have the same problem with inappropriate laughter as an extreme reaction to stress. It’s also got me into trouble my whole life. Found myself empathising so much. Film of the year for me. There’s nothing I didn’t like about it. Absolutely fkn mint.

What message do I get from it? You are ultimately a product of your environment.

How about you?

God.....this is going to be long and kind of ranty.....buckle up kiddos grad some popcorn and possibly some tomatoes or rocks to throw at my opinion....

To me it delves into almost all of the existential problems facing current societies...

Fatherless homes and what the mental impact is specifically on boys

Social isolation

The rich and poor divide

Nihilism and how it plays out

The lack of a mental health system

Our own current lack of civility toward eachother

Opiod epidemic

Mother abuse of male children

And a realisation of getting the type of men you deserve when you denigrate masculinity and femininity and pose that we are interchangeable without recognition of the differences

Also it portrays a part of society often ignored and triggers uncomfortable empathy and an almost backing of the way he i.e arthur fleck turned out...

I could write essays on the movie from my perspective and probably still miss things and also be totally projecting

What movie or piece of art have you seen that really blew your mind?

poet Anonymous

I actually agree with a lot of what you said. I’ll let you soak that statement in for a bit. 😂

Antichrist. I can write essays about that film. Not everyone gets it but for me it’s literally hell on Earth. It rocked my world.

Have you ever donated blood?

poet Anonymous

Miss_Sub said:I actually agree with a lot of what you said. I’ll let you soak that statement in for a bit. 😂

Antichrist. I can write essays about that film. Not everyone gets it but for me it’s literally hell on Earth. It rocked my world.

Have you ever donated blood?

(Still coming to terms with the first part of your reply)

Every three months

What about you?

Go to page:
Go to: