Go to page:

Ask The Person Below You A Question

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5262

a long time ago. and mind you a moment can be a long time too

so do you also find it funny that grown and 'educated/literate' people resort to hey 'i scratch your back you scratch mine' tactics.?
[a bully's defining attribute is he/she will try their best to shove their opinion down the throats of anyone and everyone who  disagrees. Having strong opinions is one thing tryna shove it down others' throat is bullying. Be it a lone bully or a gang of say three.. a bully is always a bully. ]

poet Anonymous

I don’t find it funny. I find it sad. But then again I hold on to this wild notion that love can change the world. And then I move on. Because it isn’t worth any of my fkn energy. And I just want a nice peaceful life.

“When the phone was cabled to the wall we were free” — agree or disagree?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14566

Disagree personally but agree universally.

If I have learned anything from observing people in my lifetime, it's been this quote above: Agree or disagree?

poet Anonymous

When I spoke to the webmiss doing the podcast interview, she said something that has stuck with me. When people act out of sorts in anger, or frustration it’s a reflection of the hurt within themselves, and you need to ask yourself why they are acting this way. Therefore, I agree with the quote... to a point. Sometimes I think causing a storm is a necessary part of a journey to reach the apex of a lesson. I agree we are masters of our own destiny, but don’t agree it’s clear cut black and white.

What would you cook for breakfast as a special treat to yourself?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Miss_Sub said:When I spoke to the webmiss doing the podcast interview, she said something that has stuck with me. When people act out of sorts in anger, or frustration it’s a reflection of the hurt within themselves, and you need to ask yourself why they are acting this way. Therefore, I agree with the quote... to a point. Sometimes I think causing a storm is a necessary part of a journey to reach the apex of a lesson. I agree we are masters of our own destiny, but don’t agree it’s clear cut black and white.

Storms are necessary to bring attention to injustice; however, there are also those whose purpose is centered around themselves for self-attention ( or narcissistic supply ). Action does not cause discord but reaction - a point I made just last night.  Those who react negatively are not in the moment.

Webmiss is right.  One of my favorite books ( which would benefit everyone ) is The Four Agreements by don Miguel-Ruiz.  The second Agreement, Don't take anything personally, acts as a measure of presence in the here and now. Simply, when we are reactive we are not in the moment, and when we are not in the moment, are susceptible to taking others actions as personal affronts.  The bigger truth is nothing others do is because of us. It is their story of pain being projected based on distorted beliefs and limiting opinions. Miguel-Ruiz describes this as “poison” and if it is taken personally, you take that poison in and it becomes yours. When we assume this poison is true, it becomes our poison or baggage. However, when we are grounded and centered, can see the projection for what it is, we are far less vulnerable to others projections. Miguel-Ruiz describes this as immunity in the center of hell; it is the 'gift' of this agreement.

What would you cook for breakfast as a special treat to yourself?

Blueberry Cream Cheese Croissant casserole.  It's divine and should only be eaten once a year!

The year is fast approaching a close - did you accomplish any of the goals you set at its beginning?

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

lol, i'm laughing at myself..nope, none, nada, zilch... just like any other year.

What are your plans for today, give us a briefing of your day?

poet Anonymous

Well.... it’s raining cats and dogs. I have to work later on tonight but this morning I’m spending quality time with the cat and catching up on TV.

What would you say is your defining feature?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Layla said:lol, i'm laughing at myself..nope, none, nada, zilch... just like any other year.

What are your plans for today, give us a briefing of your day?

LOL! I love your honestly, Layla!

I am enjoying coffee and commenting - love starting my day this way.  Then I will move into graphic design for a campaign I am working on. Then for a project I'm working on when I finish that.  I'll break for lunch and write.  Then go get my grandson from school and have a nice snack, help him with homework, and watch something Halloweeenie on Netflix or some other program he has.  

Cook dinner before he leaves and I crash and relax for about an hour or so - then do whatever I want for the rest of the evening.

Did you find it hard to pick the three people you would want to meet from DU? ( I am having such a hard time I love so many. )

Edit:   Miss_Sub said:Well.... it’s raining cats and dogs. I have to work later on tonight but this morning I’m spending quality time with the cat and catching up on TV.

What would you say is your defining feature?

Physically my eyes; spiritually insight.

Question above the edit.

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

Yes, you are right.
It was harder than I thought it would be because i haven't been here for that long and I guess I don't read vast amount of people (that's my fault for not taking the time to discover other writers).
Btw, Ahavati, you should watch 'Unbelievable' on Netflix, Ohh myyy Goddd it is so good and gets you hooked!!

I was reading something on '6 degrees of separation' how we are all connected somehow..but apparently its by 2 degrees nowadays because of social media and technology,  What do you think, does it make sense?

poet Anonymous

I think people use social media too much. As a person who works full time in social media, I think people have become too reliant on it. It genuinely has replaced human interaction. And I hate that.

How much time during the day do you spend on yourself?

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2447

not enough, lol.

you?  

LJRoundTown
LJ
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 20th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 7

mysteriouslady said:not enough, lol.

you?  

Too much, at times. I find it hard to get out of my own head, to stop the cruelty I impose upon myself.

What are you a sucker for? What pulls at your heart strings?

poet Anonymous

Lame or abused animals. Can’t stand it.  Both my cats are rescue. I love that I’ve been able to give them a good life now.

Have you ever had to use a defibrillator on somebody?

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6692

Not yet, though having taken a first aid course I should be able to use it if ever needed. I may not be physically strong but I am fairly certain I would try my damndest to preserve life.

Just going back a few questions, I believe we can all be linked and connected, but if that does not feel close then that is enough to make that one chain feel like an infinite void. Just because you know 500 hundred people does not mean your soul even connects with 1.

What emotive/ expletive/ swear word do you use commonly, often for emphasis, that is not an out-and-out swear word? (Mine is bloody.)

poet Anonymous

Fuck often dissipates into “for gods sake” at work. Shit dissolves into “shine a light”. I think they are my main go to cover swears. And it’s hard because I swear like a trooper. Complete natural for me.

Nadgers. That’s another word I say a lot to cover a swear. 😂

Have you ever fantasised about living in some of the magical worlds described in books? (And which is your favourite...)

Go to page:
Go to: