Go to page:

Ask The Person Below You A Question

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5181

well a boy left some fluid on the benchtop before the class started and some poor girl of the class thought it was the janitors who clean the benches everyday left some water on so..she swiped it bare hands... not funny but hey middle school ok..stuff happens

you?

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

ooh i have got nothing...i was home schooled :/

Do you think we have become less appreciative of simple beautiful poetry?

( meaning; we are expecting to read something brilliant, better than what we've read, maybe with bigger words, more complex imagery, expressed in more unique ways than ever, language, perhaps...shock value)
Sometimes I think the classic writers like yeats or frost wouldn't have a chance in getting published or be appreciated if they were around right now.  What do you think?  

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

Layla said:ooh i have got nothing...i was home schooled :/

Do you think we have become less appreciative of simple beautiful poetry?

( meaning; we are expecting to read something brilliant, better than what we've read, maybe with bigger words, more complex imagery, expressed in more unique ways than ever, language, perhaps...shock value)
Sometimes I think the classic writers like yeats or frost wouldn't have a chance in getting published or be appreciated if they were around right now.  What do you think?  
no: sometimes the simplest can be the most pure. i'd suggest that the longer we've been reading and writing, the more we come across people saying things in ways we've read (and written ourselves) too often which might have us hungering for fresh input. on the flipside, we also become more able to appreciate nuances and subtleties that don't require elaborate phrases and can often find a more complete picture simply where we're more able to follow the breadcrumb clues a writer leaves in their words.

have you ever seriously wanted to live as a hermit, away from people as much as possible?

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018

More so now than ever before.

If you could meet 3 people from Du, who will it be?

eroseternal
Tim Eros
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 6th July 2019
Forum Posts: 87

Layla said:More so now than ever before.

If you could meet 3 people from Du, who will it be?

Lovely69               SexyInkMaster                 natural

If you're male:   Do you consider yourself Alpha-Male or Beta-Male?

If your female:   Do you prefer Alpha-Males or Beta-Males?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

never really thought about it

given goldfish aren't really known for expressing love or affection for their owners like say a cat or dog, is having some in the house a bit immoral, tha's to say might appear strickly captured and displayed type thing

souladareatease
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 28th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 5085

lepperochan said:never really thought about it

given goldfish aren't really known for expressing love or affection for their owners like say a cat or dog, is having some in the house a bit immoral, tha's to say might appear strickly captured and displayed type thing

I've known folks who dote upon there fish, watched as said fish get excited for food times and even the presence of the owner coming home.
(extra flips, faster swimming, coming to the glass when cooed at)
It's very odd to see and interact with...
Mostly a fish has a small environment without much in the way of interaction, those are more like wall ornaments and a dry existence to my mind.
Those special ones, I think make it worthy for human/fish co-existence.
For something as a fish to express emotion of any kind almost seems alien ...yet I tell You true-I've seen it.

What is Your fave fish preparation? (food-wise)  

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5181

souladareatease said:

I've known folks who dote upon there fish, watched as said fish get excited for food times and even the presence of the owner coming home.
(extra flips, faster swimming, coming to the glass when cooed at)
It's very odd to see and interact with...
Mostly a fish has a small environment without much in the way of interaction, those are more like wall ornaments and a dry existence to my mind.
Those special ones, I think make it worthy for human/fish co-existence.
For something as a fish to express emotion of any kind almost seems alien ...yet I tell You true-I've seen it.

What is Your fave fish preparation? (food-wise)  

Deep fried Sardines in chickpea flour batter

Last movie you remember purchasing or hiring on VHF?

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018

I have never purchased a movie, nor rented online.  

So I had a question up on this page..
I will re-ask the same question by adding another question to it.

Which 3 people from du would you like to meet?
What dinner would you serve, what would you offer to drink and the first question you'd ask each?  

poet Anonymous

I’ve only ever met one person off the DU in real life. As for who else... good question.

• Souladareatease - I’d offer the good coffee and ask about everything. So much ground to cover. Listen to some guitar as the sun comes up.

•_Boybrains - I’d offer a good cuppa and then swap tips on ear stretching with my Twinny. I think we could probably have a good laugh.

• Viddax - Tea as well. Dunno. He’s probably the member I’m most curious about what they’re really like. And then he’d go “ you’re shy in real life” and I’d be like “... I know... how about that huh...” 😆

I suppose my fellow podcasters would be on that list too. Despite Eamonn living like a half an hour plane ride across the paddling pool. And me being in Dublin several times over the years, it’s never happened 😆

Same question to someone else.

ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 28awards
Joined 10th Oct 2010
Forum Posts: 1347

Which 3 people from du would you like to meet?
What dinner would you serve, what would you offer to drink and the first question you'd ask each?  

Jestalessa - Lemon sole in Brixham, white wine, why we hadn't made it happen sooner.

Hemihead - Cottage pie and greens, rum, where are you headed next

PanamaJudas - Tagine, strong, sweet cider, probably Thistly Cross, I'd ask if he was ok first.

Favourite childhood film?

poet Anonymous

Labyrinth. Or Never Ending Story. Which I still watch in adulthood. Because Artax sinking into the swamp of sadness was the start of the trauma in my life. 😆

What childhood film would you have loved to have been a character in?

ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 28awards
Joined 10th Oct 2010
Forum Posts: 1347

The secret garden, always, Dicken in particular... or Pocahontas if the second film never existed.

Which song would you choose for karaoke?

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 10awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1123

"You Learn" by Alanis Morrisette

And you?

poet Anonymous

Mustang Sally. It’s my jam.

If you could be an animal for a day what would you be?

Go to page:
Go to: