Go to page:

Ask The Person Below You A Question

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

Layla said:I certainly would.

What word would you say you overuse in your everyday dialogue (not counting pronouns) ?
currently? fuckintrump!

do you like finding old quirky pieces at boot sales or charity shops and refurbing them?

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2287

butters said: currently?
fuckintrump! <<----LOL  

do you like finding old quirky pieces at boot sales or charity shops and refurbing them?

I know for a fact that Madam Lavender does!  

I like finding old quirky stuff but i try to refurnish so they are auction worthy.

What is the oldest dated thing You own?

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

Tallen said:

I like finding old quirky stuff but i try to refurnish so they are auction worthy.

What is the oldest dated thing You own?
i had to leave so many of my big old books behind, but--bookwise--old poetry and dictionaries dating back into the early 1800's. kind of fades into insignificance, age-wise, compared to fossils and stones i've found here on the farm

do hallmark movies drive you batshit? (i have a pet peeve about how dumb they make the women and storylines!)

AverageJoe
Average Joe. AJ. Joe
Dangerous Mind
United States 1awards
Joined 8th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 591

butters said:i had to leave so many of my big old books behind, but--bookwise--old poetry and dictionaries dating back into the early 1800's. kind of fades into insignificance, age-wise, compared to fossils and stones i've found here on the farm

do hallmark movies drive you batshit? (i have a pet peeve about how dumb they make the women and storylines!)

No. I don't watch them or much TV really, except a little college football. So many channels and so little intelligent life found on them.

What was the last thing that really sparked your curiosity?

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5266

AverageJoe said:
No. I don't watch them or much TV really, except a little college football. So many channels and so little intelligent life found on them.

What was the last thing that really sparked your curiosity?

Some business proposal by one of my close friends

Do you think hogs realise that tolerance does not necessarily mean respect?

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

cold_fusion said:
Some business proposal by one of my close friends

Do you think hogs realise that tolerance does not necessarily mean respect?

perhaps they don't crave respect from those who use that word as a slur out of ignorance and bitterness and so are entirely uninterested? hogs are smart creatures

do far too many people spend time worrying about silly nonsense when there's a wonderful world out there filled with poetry, art, sunshine and birdsong?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14578

butters said:
perhaps they don't crave respect from those who use that word as a slur out of ignorance and bitterness and so are entirely uninterested? hogs are smart creatures

do far too many people spend time worrying about silly nonsense when there's a wonderful world out there filled with poetry, art, sunshine and birdsong?

Absolutely. And right you are about the intelligence level of pigs.  A recent study confirmed they outperformed 3-year-old human children on cognition tests and are smarter than any domestic animal, and animal experts consider them more trainable than cats or dogs.

It feels like Autumn today at 71 from weeks of high 90 temps with a heat index of 100+.  NOW I want to taste/drink something pumpkin and think about Halloween. Do you celebrate Halloween?

poet Anonymous

No. I celebrate Samhain.

Have you seen the new Joker movie yet?

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

Miss_Sub said:No. I celebrate Samhain.

Have you seen the new Joker movie yet?
not yet

the next movie i really want to see is Rocketman (and the beatles one, too); do you enjoy seeing these newer actors growing into their craft across the various films they make?

poet Anonymous

Both Rocketman and Bohemian Rhapsody were exceptional. I’m looking forward to the Bowie movie in progress. I love seeing up and coming actors and actresses. Been some great talent recently.

Who is your favourite actor / actress?

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

Miss_Sub said:Both Rocketman and Bohemian Rhapsody were exceptional. I’m looking forward to the Bowie movie in progress. I love seeing up and coming actors and actresses. Been some great talent recently.

Who is your favourite actor / actress?
nice, looking forward to them

actor= james mcavoy ... every film he's in, the characters are so different. blown away by him in Split

actress= tilda swinton

have you ever walked past/seen someone and got a really really bad feeling off them? (more than a 'they look a bit suspect' kind of thing. a visceral, skin-crawly sensation)

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14578

butters said: nice, looking forward to them

actor= james mcavoy ... every film he's in, the characters are so different. blown away by him in Split

actress= tilda swinton

have you ever walked past/seen someone and got a really really bad feeling off them? (more than a 'they look a bit suspect' kind of thing. a visceral, skin-crawly sensation)

Yes; same energy online as well.  Walk softly and carry Sangre de Grado spray ( as well as stones aligned between you and the screen)!

Favorite Autumn season dessert?

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

Ahavati said:

Yes; same energy online as well.  Walk softly and carry Sangre de Grado spray ( as well as stones aligned between you and the screen)!

Favorite Autumn season dessert?

well, maybe it's not strictly a dessert, but a good old english toffee apple... the toffee is toffee-coloured, not bright red, and the apples are crisp and juicy. salted caramel toffee apples are great, too

gonna be watching the new season of the walking dead this sunday?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

I'm watching the American horror story new season. that's about all the tv time i got

something you'd associate with gold fish

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2287

lepperochan said:I'm watching the American horror story new season. that's about all the tv time i got

something you'd associate with gold fish

Cockroaches.  I used to raise little fishes for a Pet Shop in Daly City, CA., in the 1970's and i'd raise the little fish and trade for more little fish with the fish i'd raise.  
I lived in a dump filled with roaches and so the Goldfish grew really really fast and i save lots on fish food.

Would You ever consider swallow a Goldfish, whole?

Go to page:
Go to: