Go to page:

Classic Corner Discussion Thread

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
89awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7380

Also, please vote in this month's poll for next month's featured poets!

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/11514/

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3290

Ahavati said:Also, please vote in this month's poll for next month's featured poets!

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/11514/


I did! I did!

And, yes, DUPeeps --- you can vote for one male AND one female poet at the same time --- just click two options!  

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3290

CCPeeps, the WINNERS of the recent challenges have been posted to our site:

http://www.poeticmedics.com/classic_corner_poet_tributes.html

Remember, avatars link directly to the winning entries!

And now you can review all of the previous challenges on the same page!

< Ahavati & JohnnyBlaze



Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
89awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7380

Well done! Thank you for all your hard work!

PoetsRevenge
PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States
17awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 360

CCPeeps, the WINNERS of the recent challenges have been posted to our site:

http://www.poeticmedics.com/classic_corner_poet_tributes.html

Remember, avatars link directly to the winning entries!

And now you can review all of the previous challenges on the same page!

< Ahavati & JohnnyBlaze


They look good that way, organized.  I just clicked on my Kim Addonzio poem, and I'm still unable to get it to accept her hashtag, did anyone else have that problem?



JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3290

PoetsRevenge said:
They look good that way, organized.  I just clicked on my Kim Addonzio poem, and I'm still unable to get it to accept her hashtag, did anyone else have that problem?




I'm not quite sure what the deal is, but it is possible the theme slipped through the cracks and was never created.

There was low participation in that particular comp, given it was during NaPo 2019. We only had 10 entries, but then several disappeared due to "account deactivations" and the result was then below the minimum of 8 necessary for an actual theme page to generate.

I just submitted the theme manually. If it doesn't get created soon, I will enquire with the Webmiss .

Thank you for alerting us to this, PR!

PoetsRevenge
PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States
17awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 360

JohnnyBlaze said:

I'm not quite sure what the deal is, but it is possible the theme slipped through the cracks and was never created.

There was low participation in that particular comp, given it was during NaPo 2019. We only had 10 entries, but then several disappeared due to "account deactivations" and the result was then below the minimum of 8 necessary for an actual theme page to generate.

I just submitted the theme manually. If it doesn't get created soon, I will enquire with the Webmiss .

Thank you for alerting us to this, PR!

Your Welcome, I found this video of Ocean Vuong reading his poems aloud, its sublime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiVvQvvIPY4

Also, all his poems are listed on genius.com, Night Sky With Exit Wounds

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
89awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7380

PoetsRevenge said:
Your Welcome, I found this video of Ocean Vuong reading his poems aloud, its sublime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiVvQvvIPY4

Also, all his poems are listed on genius.com, Night Sky With Exit Wounds


Great! Thanks for sharing! ❤😊

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3290

PoetsRevenge said:
They look good that way, organized.  I just clicked on my Kim Addonzio poem, and I'm still unable to get it to accept her hashtag, did anyone else have that problem?


Webmiss notified me that she has just added #KimAddonizio, so everyone go ahead and tag your entries!

Edit: Err ... maybe ... the tag at least pops up when you type it in ......

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
89awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7380

Kim has always been such a rebel.

Ale2yk
Ale2yk
Strange Creature
  profile   poems   message
Joined 28th Aug 2020
Forum Posts: 1

Hello, I'm the evil.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3290

Ahavati said:Kim has always been such a rebel.

Ha! Despite her yebel yelling, I got the #KimAddonizio tag to work.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
89awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7380

JohnnyBlaze said:

Ha! Despite her yebel yelling, I got the #KimAddonizio tag to work.


Perhaps "Evil" up there is really a mascot in disguise?

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3290

Ahavati said:

Perhaps "Evil" up there is really a mascot in disguise?


The Devil you say! He certainly doesn't seem Familiar to me ..?

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
89awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7380

Thank you all again for braving the Classic Corner Challenges and congratulations to August's winners! We hope to see you all braving this month's challenges featuring Alice Fulton and William Butler Yeats!

Fulton
https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/11552/#495006

Yeats:
https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/11553/#495007

Also, October's poll is Live! So please go vote and let us know who YOU want to write a tribute to!

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/11554/

Go to page:
Go to: