Go to page:

Classic Corner Discussion Thread

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5009

The_Silly_Sibyl said:Am I allowed to enter this?

Ahavati said:If I remember correctly, Jack, you've entered a CCC before, so you would qualify. Johnny will verify whether my memory serves me well or not!  

We had some kick-ass entries as well as new entrants this year. this year. Can't wait for the championship.


* out of breath *

Alrighty, this are a list of everyone who qualifies for the Trophee and Placements. This means that these members have contributed at least one entry in Classic Corner Comp that was not disqualified for not adhering to the Rules.

2019
Imperfected_Stone
Jade-Pandora
eswaller
mel44
PoetsRevenge
nightbirdblue
jemac
Amorous_tryst
summultima
yelluw_always
Rachelleundrgrd
Black-kwacha
sophie_ericson
DevlinDLC
imogeequeen
MysticalRose
delanee
PandoraUnleashed
2020
classybird
EdibleWords
calamityofgin
TCLilly
DaisyGrace
Eerie
Honoria
LunaGreyhawk
buddhakitty
LilDragonFly
Poems4me
Valeriyabeyond

2019
Vandel_Viaclovsky
Hepcat61
Josh
Blackwolf
Oshinome
KGERICD
ReggiePoet
Taurus385
Slipalong
AdamW
Switchblade
runaway-mindtrain
wallyroo92
snugglebuck
gothicsurrealism
SatinUGal
NewBeginnings
blinkers55
JusTim_
nomoth
highlyfunctional
badmalthus
Commentonly
rabbitquest
AspbergerPoet56
BobbyJames
2020
case28
russel_snow
javalini
Sex_on_the_Joe
anvinvil
Tallen

The_Silly_Sibyl said:If I’m not qualified that’s fine, just thought I’d have a goose-y gander. 🙂

Jack, it appears you have never entered one of our Classic Corner Comps.

However, ANYONE who feels inspired enough to attempt an entry can still participate --- you just won't be a contender in the judging.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10361

My bad. I thought you had entered, Jack. We've only done roughly 80 of these comps. But, yes; anyone can enter—they just won't qualify for the trophy.

Where is slipalong and nomoth, etc. in 2020? Or are you just listing them once?

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5009

Ahavati said:My bad. I thought you had entered, Jack. We've only done roughly 80 of these comps. But, yes; anyone can enter—they just won't qualify for the trophy.

Where is slipalong and nomoth, etc. in 2020? Or are you just listing them once?


Yes, just once. I only threw the years in to show the new faces this last year.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10361

JohnnyBlaze said:

Yes, just once. I only threw the years in to show the new faces this last year.


Gotcha. I was like whaaaaaa. . .

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5009

Ahavati said:

Gotcha. I was like whaaaaaa. . .


I think what you remember is Jack was going to attempt the 2017 NaPoWriMo before he was sandbagged by some prior commitment and had to bow out.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10361

JohnnyBlaze said:

I think what you remember is Jack was going to attempt the 2017 NaPoWriMo before he was sandbagged by some prior commitment and had to bow out.


That may be it!

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5009

Ahavati said:

That may be it!


I gotcher back!

The_Silly_Sibyl
The_Silly_Sibyl
Tommy or Tuppence
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 30th July 2015
Forum Posts: 419

JohnnyBlaze said:
However, ANYONE who feels inspired enough to attempt an entry can still participate --- you just won't be a contender in the judging.


Oh that's fine, I wasn't looking to judge, just enter. To be honest, I did wonder how you were going to get new entrants if newbies weren't allowed, but wasn't brave enough to question it

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5009

The_Silly_Sibyl said:

Oh that's fine, I wasn't looking to judge, just enter. To be honest, I did wonder how you were going to get new entrants if newbies weren't allowed, but wasn't brave enough to question it


We sneak into houses at night with chloroform and then leave them naked outside of Albuquerque. Sssh . . . . .

The_Silly_Sibyl
The_Silly_Sibyl
Tommy or Tuppence
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 30th July 2015
Forum Posts: 419

JohnnyBlaze said:

We sneak into houses at night with chloroform and then leave them naked outside of Albuquerque. Sssh . . . . .


So long as I wake up with a sore arse, I'll know I've had a good time

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10361

The_Silly_Sibyl said:

So long as I wake up with a sore arse, I'll know I've had a good time


LMFAO!

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10361

Hi, guys! We are prepping the Classic Corner Championship comps now, and should have them posted by this afternoon! Thank you for your patience, and a Very Happy New Year to you all! xo

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10361


My bad! Yes; we forgot and apologize. The comps have been posted!

CCC Championships:

Female Division:
https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/11706/

Male Division:
https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/11707/

PoetsRevenge
PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States
23awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 441

I was just viewing the poetic medics classic comps page, and I noticed you put my name under Luna's avatar as a winner in one of the last comps, the Byron one.  She was the actual winner in that one.  The page looks great otherwise :)

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5009

PoetsRevenge said:I was just viewing the poetic medics classic comps page, and I noticed you put my name under Luna's avatar as a winner in one of the last comps, the Byron one.  She was the actual winner in that one.  The page looks great otherwise :)

Whoopsie! I'll get that fixed today. Thanks, PR!

Go to page:
Go to: