Go to page:

Classic Corner Discussion Thread

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14635

PoetsRevenge said:

That sounds good, plenty to choose from and plenty of time to do it and have holidays too :)

Yep. Works best for us too. Thanks for weighing in!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Thank you to all entrants of the November CCC's! We have completed the judging for the last competition of 2020! We will be holding the CCC Championship's in January!

These competitions are open to emulate any classic poet that has been featured in the 2020 competitions! So polish your pen * cough keyboard cough * and get ready!

The winners will receive the above specially designed trophy!  

We'll see you then!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:Thank you to all entrants of the November CCC's! We have completed the judging for the last competition of 2020! We will be holding the CCC Championship's in January!

These competitions are open to emulate any classic poet that has been featured in the 2020 competitions! So polish your pen * cough keyboard cough * and get ready!

The winners will receive the above specially designed trophy!  

We'll see you then!

Just remember to turn your pc's off before polishing that keyboard, CCComp Peeps. Or you'll end up opening a bunch of windows and changing settings like my cats when they feel the need to nap on my laptop!

PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States 28awards
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 736

JohnnyBlaze said:

Just remember to turn your pc's off before polishing that keyboard, CCComp Peeps. Or you'll end up opening a bunch of windows and changing settings like my cats when they feel the need to nap on my laptop!

Maybe you could teach them to play the piano instead

I just wanted to ask, since we have a couple weeks to start writing before they begin, will the Classic Championship entry guidelines be the same as last years ?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

PoetsRevenge said:

Maybe you could teach them to play the piano instead

I just wanted to ask, since we have a couple weeks to start writing before they begin, will the Classic Championship entry guidelines be the same as last years ?

Hi, PR! Yes; they will remain the same. I'll post them here with applicable links to the championship competitions so potential entrants may familiarize themselves. Particularly with who qualifies as an entrant, i.e. - only those who have entered a CCC during 2020.

Co-hosted by Ahavati & JohnnyBlaze

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/11019/

Welcome to our first annual Classic Corner Champion Female Division challenge, of which the winner will be crowned our 2019 Queen of the Classics and will be awarded a specially designed trophy.  

Firstly, only participants of previous Classic Corner comps qualify to receive any award. If your name is on the lists below, you qualify!

Female entrants

[ Insert list of qualifiers here ]

Male entrants:

[ insert list of qualifiers here ]

Secondly, wait ... why the two lists above?

We want you to feel comfortable participating in the comp of your choice. If you are on either list, but identify with being a female, then this is your comp.

If you identify with being male, then only submit entries to the Male Division comp posted by JohnnyBlaze here:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/11020/

Thirdly, you are allowed to submit a maximum of 2 entries emulating any of the following poets you choose to honor:

[ Insert list here ]

We will judge which is the best of your two entries to ensure that three individuals have an opportunity to qualify for the Crown and placements.

Fourthly, what does it mean to emulate? We want YOU to make everyone believe your poem was written by one of these poets. Write as though you were that poet!

Fifthly, the RULES! Each entry must NEW and

1) be linked to in the forum, NOT copy/pasted.

2) be tagged with the theme of the poet being emulated ( for example, #OceanVuong ).

3) have link to the poem belonging to said poet being emulated that inspired yours. Put this information in your poem's Notes. We use this to determine if you were truly inspired or simply swapped fresh words into an existing poem  ( which is a form of plagiarism ).

4)  NOT contain any erotica; this is open to all ages and can't be viewed with an ECW ( Extreme Content Warning ).

5) contain a minimum of 50 words in the body, but try to keep it no more than 250 - 300 ( unless the inspiratioal poem exceeds that amount ).

Comp will be judged by Ahavati & JohnnyBlaze.

You have one month; best of luck to all entrants!

If you have any questions, please post them to the Classic Corner Discussion thread in the Speakeasy forum:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/10855/

See you in January!

PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States 28awards
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 736

Ahavati said:

See you in January!

Sounds good, thanks for the info :)

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

PoetsRevenge said:

Sounds good, thanks for the info :)

You're very welcome, PR. I can't believe how long we've been doing these!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

You're very welcome, PR. I can't believe how long we've been doing these!

40 comps so far?!

And the WINNERS of the November challenges have just been posted to our site:

http://www.poeticmedics.com/classic_corner_poet_tributes.html

Remember, avatars link directly to the winning entries!

Give the previous challenges a visit why dontcha, eh?

< Ahavati & JohnnyBlaze

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Yup! Forty! That's a nice, round number to end this year with!

Thank you for all your hard work on the site, and for getting these writers out in the public.

xo

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:Yup! Forty! That's a nice, round number to end this year with!

Thank you for all your hard work on the site, and for getting these writers out in the public.

xo

They deserve it!

Thank You for co-hosting and the thoroughly comprehensive critiques! xo

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

http://www.poeticmedics.com/classic_corner_poet_tributes.html

YO! The New Year is almost here and that means crowning the 2020 Classic Corner Champions! Here are the 8 female and 8 male poets featured this year that our viable participants will get to choose from:  

Rita Dove
Ai Ogawa
Alice Fulton
Gwendolyin Brooks
Edna St. Millay
Carol Ann Duffy
Stevie Smith
Louise Gluck

Lord Byron
Rabindranath Tagore
William Butler Yeats
Ocean Vuong
Ted Hughes
Yehuda Amichai
Billy Collins
Langston Hughes

In order to qualify for the custom Tropheee and placements, you need only have participated in previous CCComps.

The_Silly_Sibyl
Jack Thomas
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 2awards
Joined 30th July 2015
Forum Posts: 687

Am I allowed to enter this?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

The_Silly_Sibyl said:Am I allowed to enter this?

If I remember correctly, Jack, you've entered a CCC before, so you would qualify. Johnny will verify whether my memory serves me well or not!  

We had some kick-ass entries as well as new entrants this year. this year. Can't wait for the championship.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

If I remember correctly, Jack, you've entered a CCC before, so you would qualify. Johnny will verify whether my memory serves me well or not!  

We had some kick-ass entries as well as new entrants this year. this year. Can't wait for the championship.

Uhh . . . be back in a few minutes . . .

* follows Ariadne's thread into hole in the ground *

The_Silly_Sibyl
Jack Thomas
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 2awards
Joined 30th July 2015
Forum Posts: 687

If I’m not qualified that’s fine, just thought I’d have a goose-y gander. 🙂

Go to page:
Go to: