Go to page:

Classic Corner Discussion Thread

PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States 28awards
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 729

I just noticed the extensions on the classic corner comps, that's great because I have a last minute Byron entry that will be the eighth entry, thanks :)

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14574

PoetsRevenge said:I just noticed the extensions on the classic corner comps, that's great because I have a last minute Byron entry that will be the eighth entry, thanks :)

LOL! That is strange, because the two others do too!

Listen, the classics are about you guys, not us. ANYTIME you need extra time to write. . .so let it be written, so let it  be done!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

So I have this question:

If participants are having a difficult enough time with November's Competition, wouldn't they in December as well ( with all the holidays and such )? Should we just call this one as the last for 2020, extend it another week ( the requests we received were for one - two weeks ) and then call the Classic Champions?

We can start with the new poll results in January?

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:So I have this question:

If participants are having a difficult enough time with November's Competition, wouldn't they in December as well ( with all the holidays and such )? Should we just call this one as the last for 2020, extend it another week ( the requests we received were for one - two weeks ) and then call the Classic Champions?

Yes, I suppose.

Are we going to base the CC Champions on how many tropies were earned this year or are we going to hold a seperate comp?

I think we should restart the polls after NaPo like we did this year and fire up the comps in June. That would give us May to recuperate and 5 x 2 = 10 comps over 2021 if we skip December again.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

^ ooops ..... corrected my math.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I don't remember basing the champions on the number of trophies they earned last year. I think it was a combination of participation and quality of work? We can discuss that privately.

I don't know about suspending until June. Definitely April-May ( maybe Feb/March due to NaPo prep & marketing ). I think we should hold at least January's to make it an even six?

Let's see if some participants weigh in. Or might be willing to host a few in our absense?

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:I don't remember basing the champions on the number of trophies they earned last year. I think it was a combination of participation and quality of work? We can discuss that privately.

I don't know about suspending until June. Definitely April-May ( maybe Feb/March due to NaPo prep & marketing ). I think we should hold at least January's to make it an even six?

Let's see if some participants weigh in. Or might be willing to host a few in our absense?

I have no problem with pushing Auden and Atwood off until January.

We should definitely take Feb and March off, unless we find a way to clone ourselves.

Just remember, volunteers won't do the critiques. Unless they want to risk the hair loss. LOL

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

I have no problem with pushing Auden and Atwood off until January.

We should definitely take Feb and March off, unless we find a way to clone ourselves.

Just remember, volunteers won't do the critiques. Unless they want to risk the hair loss. LOL

Yeah; NaPo design is hell in February to kick off March Marketing Madness and March to kick off the actual event in April. Guest hosts aren't required to critique.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

Yeah; NaPo design is hell in February to kick off March Marketing Madness and March to kick off the actual event in April. Guest hosts aren't required to critique.

The first quarter of the year is always a blur and with May comes the hangover.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

The first quarter of the year is always a blur and with May comes the hangover.

Oh yeah. Sheer Exhaustion. I don't think I fully recuperated until August, in all honenty.

Thank the GODS AND GODDESSES for our Phenomenal TEAM!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

Oh yeah. Sheer Exhaustion. I don't think I fully recuperated until August, in all honenty.

Thank the GODS AND GODDESSES for our Phenomenal TEAM!

Hell, yes. Team NaPo rocks.

poet Anonymous

Ahavati said:So I have this question:

Yep, thanks for the extension. Personally, I think I would struggle to enter something for this months (Decembers) comp. but obviously would like to hear what the other guys think.

PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States 28awards
Joined 30th June 2016

Are we doing a championship comp like last year? I have some big ideas for a couple writes if we do, I thought we were doing one, if so than any extra time would be good to work on it. I don't mind doing a classic comp in january, but after that I think it will be good to take a break for Napo

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Thank you, nomoth and PoetsRevenge. I think it's pretty much a conscensus that one this month would be too much, particularly with the struggles and extension in November.

Yes; we'll hold a Championship Comp in January and then forgo through May with last month's poll results. For those of you who haven't participated in a CC Championship comp - you can write on ANY classic poet whose been featured throughout the year.

The two winners will receive a specially designed trophy crowing them King & Queen of the Classics 2020.

PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States 28awards
Joined 30th June 2016

Ahavati said:Thank you, nomoth and PoetsRevenge. I think it's pretty much a conscensus that one this month would be too much, particularly with the struggles and extension in November.

Yes; we'll hold a Championship Comp in January and then forgo through May with last month's poll results. For those of you who haven't participated in a CC Championship comp - you can write on ANY classic poet whose been featured throughout the year.

The two winners will receive a specially designed trophy crowing them King & Queen of the Classics 2020.

That sounds good, plenty to choose from and plenty of time to do it and have holidays too :)

Go to page:
Go to: