Go to page:

Angry Angry Angry

poet Anonymous

Get a ghostwriter. You should have more attention then lol.

cold_fusion
cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Australia
19awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 2329

Fidofood said:I am angry..... why is art, poetry, literature dominated by left wing, closed minded shallow middle class people... I am right of centre but am still a poet, an artist .. why do the self righteous left hold the monopoly on what they think is creative and good?

Serious question ( if you can understand it)

to understand something..anything ...you have to start at neutral ground i.e being objective and non-judgemental... with your prejudged perception i do feel there is not much room left for you to see anything objectively - cue  your  words
"art, poetry, literature dominated by left wing, closed minded shallow middle class people... "

how about dwelling on the point that may be the apparently Godless left being more open, compassionate and easily accommodating appeals more to a wider base of humanity at a more in-depth and core level than those who proclaim to be righteous and see everything only through the prism of their ideological viewpoint?

how about opening the eyes to see that the so called conservatives (in the name of holding on to what their ancestors did and their way is only the right and true way) are  not open to the idea that compassion and kindness is not their monopoly.

try...just for a few neutral and hard moments to see the above ..you might see some light.

Fidofood
Fidofood
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
  profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 43

Mission accomplished..... thank you all

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Valeriya
Fire of Insight
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 739

This is surely going to piss someone off
That's not my intention
I grew  up in a Far Left home  my mother F ar Left my dad a Conservative
Fucken clash of the Titans
I say it was a Far Left upbrnging there was no middle ground

They like to argue those on the  left , left of center, far left, extreme left, or radical left, are born lto argue .
They will argue at varying degrees,  depending on the curve of their leftist beliefs consistently producing rhetoric.
Someone once said poetry is an argument with self

They like to be noticed are often arrogant bull headed and forward
With endless rhetoric pouring from every orifice the decision to share their work publicly through art or poetry is a self centered one their need to be identified as intelligent worldly

Their beliefs are spoken loudly in public
When alone they backbite criticize furthering the pool of rhetoric
There is so much drivel they use the words as poetry or transform it
Into art

Why is it monopolized?
College and Universities professors and teachers manipulate and manage the perceptions of the students
The leftist control of education is it's persuasion

That probably doesn't answer your question but it helped me very therapeutic venting of my childhood
Thank you

badmalthus
badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
16awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2014
Forum Posts: 181

"The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself."
H.L. Mencken

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
65awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 13382

theres merit for both, I think. i mean, take the humble bee, they've a good thing going with their workers and sex slaves. not to mention ants, and termites

if one thing is evident in those  habitats it's blind inherent complicity is an asset to a stable and prosperous society

p'raps humans should be more like bees, we'd be a lot happier, and bumblee, just ask bumbly Bill Gates

badmalthus
badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
16awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2014
Forum Posts: 181

A Word of Warning...Plagiarism
A good deal of what we all think is an original thought...usually is not...somewhere we have either heard it, read it, or stole it. Most times we dig it out of our subconscious mind and type it on some cyber-wall and think that it grew like magic in our own little heads...innocently we scratch our name beneath it and hope that our readers think that we are wise and creative little homo sapiens and long for the applause.
As a wise Zen Master once said...there is very little original thought...even some of the greatest philosophers in history either stole directly or indirectly...changing a few words in an aphorism doesn't make it yours...even if you have genuinely forgotten where or when you got it from in the first place. Now, in the world of Google, it doesn't take that much of an effort to do a search...see that more than likely someone has written it or said it before...more than likely actually...if that is the case, as it usually is, one is better off quoting the original source rather than trying to disguise it with few word changes. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular, because we are all guilty of it...matter of fact, we were taught to do this in our education systems.
So before posting, do a fact check. Below is a great site just for that.
https://plagiarismdetector.net/

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
65awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 13382

I'm half afraid to check my stuff. on the one hand I'd be flattered enough a great philosopher used my words, or at the very least, the same words only slightly different

on the hand it would be an act of Plago albeit accidental, and for that there would have to be some kind of attrition. whatever the going rate is, I'm no fortunate son. kinda thing

rabbitquest
rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
United States
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 1721

It is interesting to view poetry thru the author leaning left or right.
Historically we might pick a work, say by
Plato, to see how he leaned.

Fidofood
Fidofood
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 11th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 43

Glad to have stirred the pot and glad to have got so much response... Iím not sure Iím right  leaning because of my own inclination or because of my frustration with the ranting of the left.. either way I try to look out for my fellow human and try to ensure my poetry pisses off left and right equally... reaction is the aim xxx

Go to page:
Go to: