Angry Angry Angry

Fidofood
Fidofood
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
  profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 43

I am angry..... why is art, poetry, literature dominated by left wing, closed minded shallow middle class people... I am right of centre but am still a poet, an artist .. why do the self righteous left hold the monopoly on what they think is creative and good?

Serious question ( if you can understand it)

Ammonite
Ammonite
Twisted Dreamer
Wales
Joined 8th Feb 2019
Forum Posts: 3

I'm too old, and too tired, to get angry. Yet, why am I so often angry? Damn them all!

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
65awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 13382

Fidofood said:I am angry..... why is art, poetry, literature dominated by left wing, closed minded shallow middle class people... I am right of centre but am still a poet, an artist .. why do the self righteous left hold the monopoly on what they think is creative and good?

short answer: its not

interested to know how / why you came to that conclusion

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
87awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 6757

Closed-minded Liberals?  Who knew?  Are we referring to the 'Make Love not War' mindset, while the majority of conservative politicians and parents judge them closed-mindedly as bleeding hearts and tree huggers?  Then again, I might not understand - being it's serious, and I'm, well, considered pretty left-wing; I can't keep the blood mopped up.

Traditions of eras past provide guidance for our future and should not be dismissed out of hand as antiquated.

Tallen
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
29awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 1706

Fidofood said:I am angry..... why is art, poetry, literature dominated by left wing, closed minded shallow middle class people... I am right of centre but am still a poet, an artist .. why do the self righteous left hold the monopoly on what they think is creative and good?

Would love more History to Your rant / Question

All the " underground " clubs i've been to where speaking in front of a mic is encouraged
I saw no dominance one way or another.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 2953

Maybe because they share more than 18 poems and 10 forum posts in 7 years ...

?

Northern1
Northern1
Fire of Insight
Iceland
Joined 15th Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 170

Personally, i love it when a leftist dominates me, they have far greater imagination than conservative types

SatInUGal
SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States
17awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 701

I just have to say, the title of this thread seems to answer the thread's questions itself. Angry angry angry isn't exactly an entry to conversation.

why do the self righteous left hold the monopoly on what they think is creative and good?

Well, any of us hold the monopoly on what we think is creative and good, right? What is art to me is mine alone to decide.

What a strange oxymoron that condescending comment is.

I will read your poems now. If I like them, I will respond accordingly. Such power I hold!

SatInUGal
SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States
Joined 31st Dec 2015

Hey guess what dude, I like your poems! Like Johnny said, share more!

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

SatInUGal[ . . . said: Such power I hold!

Showoff!

SatInUGal
SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States
Joined 31st Dec 2015

Ahavati said:

Showoff!

If not here, then where?

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 2953

SatInUGal said:Hey guess what dude, I like your poems! Like Johnny said, share more!

Right. Can't monopolize a darn thing when one is being a wallflower.  Or a snowflake.

David_Macleod
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
39awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2781

Only because right thinking poets allow them too

inechoingsilence
inechoingsilence
Thought Provoker
United States
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 281

I can understand, thanks. Let calmness prevail, shall we?

Other people only take power that WE ALLOW THEM TO TAKE. I capitalize that deliberately. You want to get rid of the left wing, closed minded shallow middle class people in poetry and art? DO IT.  Personally, I say allow them to create what they consider art - why care? Why waste emotion and time on being angry and frustrated?  This is a lesson I am still learning, to hold onto my power and assert myself. Try it - be thoughtfully, deliberately assertive.

Blessings, Silence

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

inechoingsilence said:

I can understand, thanks. Let calmness prevail, shall we?

Other people only take power that WE ALLOW THEM TO TAKE. I capitalize that deliberately. You want to get rid of the left wing, closed minded shallow middle class people in poetry and art? DO IT.  Personally, I say allow them to create what they consider art - why care? Why waste emotion and time on being angry and frustrated?  This is a lesson I am still learning, to hold onto my power and assert myself. Try it - be thoughtfully, deliberately assertive.

Blessings, Silence

If everyone would just focus on their own purpose and subsequent goals they wouldn't have time to focus on what others are doing.  I simply do not understand this competitive spirit, anger, or worry over how someone else is living their life - especially when all they're doing is contributing arfully to the beauty of it, and not harming others.  Be they left, right, or straight down the middle.

Go to page:
Go to: