Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 932

(responding to the original prompt)

This is a place where you get what you give. I find that if I put out more poems, I get more likes and RL's. If I comment more on other people's poetry (something I've been sorely lacking in lately), I get more follows and interest. Give people a reason to take an interest in you.

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 932

butters said:the BEST way to get more views/comments is by putting yourself out there and taking the time to not be selfish. read other poems. THINK about them. offer your opinions. it's a time-consuming process that not only helps other writers, it has another huge benefit: it trains your mind to think more critically about the actual art of writing. it helps you identify weak or strong areas; helps your self-confidence as it builds on your skills; it helps you look at your own writing with more detachment when it comes to looking for problems and so it's all a learning circle. the more you THINK about poetry, the better you understand it.

Well, dammit, I need to "get out" more in DUP after reading that!

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

not everyone is open to opinions of their writing; that's cool. some even develop quite nicely using their own gut instincts. and some find it enough just to know they're being read and get some likes.
for me, turning away free eyes and ears - tools that can help me improve my craft - would be cutting off my nose to spite my face. i've been writing pretty much since i turned 40, and thank every crtique i've ever received. i want to write the best poetry i can - even the best poets never stop growing, traveling along their path, and i've a long road to travel before becoming considered one of those!

Fidofood
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 11th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 43

You are probably right but may be wrong ...

It’s all relative... just like distant cousins, they are family but look like strangers..

People on the internet are strange an behave in strange ways...

So you are probably right... but may be wrong

poet Anonymous

Ah, I just love it when people restart conversations with a year gap. I bet customer service reps love you... 😂

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

Or go drop a poem in a comp that closed 5 yrs ago (oops, nevermind, someone might think this statement is about them lol)  ^^ not intended to you Missy :)

Fidofood
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 11th Sep 2012

It took me that long to formulate a coherent response.... I am like an hibernating shrew.... popping up when all has been said and the OP is dead...

poet Anonymous

Layla said:Or go drop a poem in a comp that closed 5 yrs ago (oops, nevermind, someone might think this statement is about them lol)  ^^ not intended to you Missy :)

Quite alright m’dear

Mr Fido, Sir... It’ll stand you in good stead for the future to know that shrews don’t hibernate, love... 😂 but I thank you for your enthusiasm.

Fidofood
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 11th Sep 2012

I’m a lazy shrew who has his own way of living .... I’ve been hibernating to avoid the virus thing for months now

I’ve never met a real shrew ... I must get out more

poet Anonymous

Fidofood said:
I’ve never met a real shrew ... I must get out more

Just approach any member of the Conservative party. Bob’s your uncle... a shrew 😂

Fidofood
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 11th Sep 2012

Excellent idea ... small mammals seem to thrive in political circles... Mice, rats, cats and dogs... a shrew would be a welcome addition...

Although I prefer otters

Go to page:
Go to: