Go to page:

Is it just me???

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

Pardon, please, but just curious... what is to "Whinge"?

Thanks.🐾

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

Jade-Pandora said:Pardon, please, but just curious... what is to "Whinge"?

Thanks.🐾

In Scotland, it means "To needlessly moan"

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

David_Macleod said:there are many reasons for people to allegedly "Whinge" and a greaty deal of it justified. There are many broken souls on this site and many other sites. Being open-minded to the possibility that someone at that point in time may feel fragile. I think the overall stipulation when dealing with others should be "Handle with care"

its not always bollocks, just sometimes :-))))))))))))))

broken souls

*sigh*

we all have our stories. it makes some of us stronger, others still struggle. but the OP was complaining about not getting views. i wonder how their comment to post ratio is.

i have a son with autism - he doesn't whinge but is full of creative energy; a transgender daughter who lives quietly, content with who she is but who doesn't rail at the world for having been born in the wrong skin; i spent 18 years in an abusive relationship with a genuine psycho - and every single day has been a good day for me since escaping him; everyone has a story, everyone has struggles. complain about something worthwhile complaining about... view on a poetry forum? really? not everyone has to embrace being a victim. there are poets with mental health issues, physical health issues, emotional issues - a guiding hand where it's asked for (or helpful) is a natural thing to offer for some of us; setting oneself up as defender of the underdog if they don't desire one's help can be intrusive. finding the balance, well - that's the key.

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

Jade-Pandora said:Pardon, please, but just curious... what is to "Whinge"?

Thanks.🐾

complain persistently and in a peevish or irritating way.
"stop whingeing and get on with it!"
synonyms:   complain, grouse, grouch, grumble, whine, moan, carp, mutter, murmur, whisper;

i honestly feel that complaining about the number of views your writes get is whingeing. do something about it. if you take the steps and your work still doesn't get the views/comments you feel it deserves, then perhaps find a site better suited to you. there are gazillions out there! (you as in anyone, not a specific person)

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

butters said:

broken souls

*sigh*

we all have our stories. it makes some of us stronger, others still struggle. but the OP was complaining about not getting views. i wonder how their comment to post ratio is.

i have a son with autism - he doesn't whinge but is full of creative energy; a transgender daughter who lives quietly, content with who she is but who doesn't rail at the world for having been born in the wrong skin; i spent 18 years in an abusive relationship with a genuine psycho - and every single day has been a good day for me since escaping him; everyone has a story, everyone has struggles. complain about something worthwhile complaining about... view on a poetry forum? really? not everyone has to embrace being a victim. there are poets with mental health issues, physical health issues, emotional issues - a guiding hand where it's asked for (or helpful) is a natural thing to offer for some of us; setting oneself up as defender of the underdog if they don't desire one's help can be intrusive. finding the balance, well - that's the key.

I am glad you are such a strong person many folks are not.

AspergerPoet56
Tyrant of Words
Scotland 30awards
Joined 4th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 1875

The thing about this, it’s about perception and choice, the poets perceptio. That his poems deserve more reads and the choice to read or not, I had this issue in my head away back in March in my case was not many likes to the poems posted. Again my perception to the choice of others. I realised it’s not whether or not someone reads it or likes it. Its whether your happy with what you posted, I’ve gotten to that stage we’re I think my words are worthy, its the choice of others to read comment or like. Just happy to be able to put my thoughts down without censorship. My autistic view

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

I don't think I've ever posted under erotica. outta 75 or 80 I've a handful which could be classed as erotic.. there could be a danger in thinking or putting low read count down to gender or genre...  kind of thinking might be counterproductive  in that it may take away from actual issues

*takes bow*  you're velcome

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

True dat.

I do tend to reserve comment for poems which have provoked an emotional response rather than any other factor. That for me seems to be the greatest gauge of a poems success— If it made somebody feel something, regardless of gender, or clique you happen to be in, or length of time as a member here.

I often bang on about the random poem function, but it’s a really great way of connecting with new poets. I read the poem and purposefully don’t read who it’s by until the end. Gets you outside the box.

Also in echo of Lepp’s comment and in reference to the OP of the thread, I’m sorry but 80% of so called ‘erotic’ poetry on here is fkn pump n’ dump shite. Most people who read it, and why the reader numbers are high is because people are looking for a quick feel, not because they’re interested in poetry.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

Yeah it is great to get comments and critiques but at the end of the day I think If you only get one comment and the poem  has created any kind of emotional response then it has done its job :-)))))))))

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Northern1
Fire of Insight
Iceland
Joined 15th Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 228

perhaps one day, when you are as good as me, you'll get the women chasing you too and offering you airfares so that you can fly to their country for sex.
[/quote]

i read airfaces and it blew my mind

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

Northern1 said:

i read airfaces and it blew my mind

Go to page:
Go to: