Is it just me???

Carpe_Noctem
Carpe_Noctem
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 2095

AspergerPoet56 said:I felt like leaving in March, cause I still felt an outsider, but in reality I will always be an outsider because of my autism. So for good or bad Iíve stayed, poured out my words my way, if people appreciate then great if not , itís not the end of the world or the end of the words in my head.
I went on sabbatical for a while only to find myself like a thief in the night returning to the scene of the crime.
This place has some cool personalities that reside here in the underground.

caxton
caxton
Thought Provoker
United States
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 9th July 2013
Forum Posts: 152

AspergerPoet56 said:

Wasnít anything to do with bullies , just me being me overthinking not being confident in my own words, reading other poets stuff and feeling inadequate, but everything is perspective my perspective at the time was low self esteem

Never felt inadequate because of other poets on here because I write in a different way than most of them and I like my style. Often go through phases where I feel like everything I write is shit. Usually passes with time. Sometimes it is shit, or just inauthentic so it lacks the punch I like a poem to have.

Will say that the only poet here I wished I could write like is Annagrin. Her imagery, her language are substantial and unique, but her mind must be a terrible place to stay.

David_Macleod
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
39awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2077

AspergerPoet56 said:

No itís fine buddy, as usual I pick things up wrong. Donít digest things fully before I answer . Has often gotten me into trouble in the past

Yeah me too, for sure LOL :-))))))))

AspergerPoet56
AspergerPoet56
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom
6awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 4th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 615

David_Macleod said:

Yeah me too, for sure LOL :-))))))))

Then Iím not alone in My disasters 😂😂😂😂

PsycoticMastermind
PsycoticMastermind
Thought Provoker
United States
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 179

blue2u said:Is it just me or do some poets steal others work by changing a few random words, just so they can impress a woman?

If you see work stolen and modified with a few random words - such can be easily proven plagiaristic, reported and removed.

It's the people who borderline plagiarize by rewording lines or even stanzas that are more difficult to root out; females here are just as guilty of doing such.

Commentonly
Commentonly
Twisted Dreamer
Joined 5th Oct 2016
Forum Posts: 113

David_Macleod said:Yeah you do that, and if that's your way then, heal thyself first and we can talk more. Although one healed you probably won't be interested in my answers methinks.

One point though If you do not treat adults with understanding, empathy, love, compassion, caring, being truthful and supportive, then healing and maybe heart surgery would be necessary.

So, do all adults want to manipulate you?  Do they all want to fuck you and those you know and love??

these are rhetorical questions for you to ponder as is how you treat adults.

some disappointments come from disageements

Heal thyself first.... seems more judgemental than empathetic, I do wonder what it you assume I need to heal?

I'm always interested in others answers, it may help me realise something hither to unfor know (had to be in keeping with heal thyself )

"One point though If you do not treat adults with understanding, empathy, love, compassion, caring, being truthful and supportive, then healing and maybe heart surgery would be necessary."

Counter point, how many times have you run into a fire to save someone with this mentality and realised they didn't want to be saved instead they decided to hold you both there so you could go up in flames together? I'd rather toast marshmallows on the smouldering remains than run in like a gullible fool believing in the power of my own virtue cloak. as to being supportive I suggest be careful with that one as well lest you become someone's permeant walking stick removing from them their own agency to walk on their own un-aided.

as to heart surgery, I have more heart than I can handle it's why I guard it against other peoples own stupidity, tried to really help a few people and overall found it worse than bringing up my own children, I'll save my empathy, love, support, compassion and caring for those that are worth it. I'll be as honest as my own humanity will allow, case in point this right here and if that happens to hurt people feelings see advice "suck it up"

"So, do all adults want to manipulate you?  Do they all want to fuck you and those you know and love??"

despite your instance that these questions are rhetorical I decided to answer them as well, with questions of my own,

Are all adults complete angels devoid of resentment, anger, frustration and destructively dangerous tendencies that they can use to manipulate, hurt and even tear you apart or down?

do they all truly want what is best for you?

how do you differentiate between them if your so busy throwing your own life away emotionally, mentally and sometimes physically  for someone else's gain

MaryWalker
MaryWalker
Thought Provoker
United States
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 164

blue2u said:Is it just me or do those men follow the most have a picture of their bottom cleavage or stocking tops?

So that's what I've been doing wrong all this time.

David_Macleod
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
Joined 5th Nov 2014

Commentonly said:

"Heal thyself first.... seems more judgemental than empathetic, I do wonder what it you assume I need to heal?"

"I'm always interested in others answers, it may help me realise something hither to unfor know (had to be in keeping with heal thyself )"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

One point though If you do not treat adults with understanding, empathy, love, compassion, caring, being truthful and supportive, then healing and maybe heart surgery would be necessary."

"Counter point, how many times have you run into a fire to save someone with this mentality"

What mentality would that Be?

"Counter point, how many times have you run into a fire to save someone"

Metaphorically a countless number, all of my working life, it was my main career afterall

"realised they didn't want to be saved"

everyone wants to be saved when in need of rescue

"they decided to hold you both there so you could go up in flames together?

At what point do you let them fall to their death or push them off the precipice?

"I'd rather toast marshmallows on the smouldering remains"

You do realise you are talking about another human being?

"run in like a gullible fool believing in the power of my own virtue cloak."

Or alternatively, run in heroically believing in your courage and steadfastness, placing the suffering of others above your own

"as to being supportive I suggest be careful with that one as well lest you become someone's permeant walking stick removing from them their own agency to walk on their own unaided."

As you full well know I for one am able to use a walking stick or walk unaided. But I can crawl into a burning building and at least try. If I am able to support someone throughout their life's struggle no matter what then I will have been a very good friend and not a fool

"I have more heart than I can handle it's why I guard it against other peoples own stupidity,

Is that really what it is? Stupidity?

"tried to really help a few people and overall found it worse than bringing up my own children"

You shouldn't let yourself be so easily put off - helping others takes practice, commitment and attentive listening skills

"I'll save my empathy, love, support, compassion and caring for those that are worth it."

So I have to assume that in this you are judge, jury and executioner and defender of those you deem worthy. That is an extremely heavy weight you seem to have decided to carry and not one that such as the likes of me could manage, few probably can, or would want to.

"I'll be as honest as my own humanity will allow,"

Your message is loud and clearly stated

"Are all adults complete angels devoid of resentment, anger, frustration and destructively dangerous tendencies that they can use to manipulate, hurt and even tear you apart or down?"

No!

"do they all truly want what is best for you?"

No!

"how do you differentiate between them?"

You try not to. So what would you suggest? Based on ideology, colour, abilities, stupidity (Education) gender, adult, child, rich, poor, what do you think you should base your judgment on, in fact, what have you based your judgment on? Eugenics? the survival of the fittest

"if your so busy throwing your own life away emotionally, mentally and sometimes physically  for someone else's gain"

Some call it sacrificefor a greater good and not enforcing someone else's Loss

In my 59 years of life, I have made many mistakes, as a husband, father, lover, friend and work colleague. In my darker times, I think if I had to live my life over again, I would be more like you and have empath tendencies for only the chosen ones, but in all honesty, I would not. The biggest regret I have in my life is not having helped more

I tried to do a statistical report based on my 19-year career in various citizen's rights offices.[/i

These numbers are approximate:

1% committed suicide regardless
3% genuinely did not want any help
3% were abusive in return
3% had a violent response to help offered
5% were people intent on taking advantage
6% were people telling lies to gain finances
79% were people in real need

[i]Sad to say that a lack of resources and volunteer helpers we were only able to help 52% of the 79%
that means that 27% of people who were genuinely in crisis and needing our help did not or could not receive it. That what keeps me up some nights, the ghosts of the helpless in crisis

Northern1
Northern1
Fire of Insight
Iceland
  profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 148

MaryWalker said:

poet Anonymous

AspergerPoet56 said:I felt like leaving in March, cause I still felt an outsider, but in reality I will always be an outsider because of my autism. So for good or bad Iíve stayed, poured out my words my way, if people appreciate then great if not , itís not the end of the world or the end of the words in my head.

Youíre not an outsider AP. You are a huge part of DUP

poet Anonymous

MaryWalker said:

Bwahahaha! Awesome.

David_Macleod
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
Joined 5th Nov 2014

highlyfunctional said:

Youíre not an outsider AP. You are a huge part of DUP

couldn't agree more. I hope you are here to stay :-))))

butters
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 433

most people like eyes on their poems and, even better, some form of feedback.

it's sad a site has to stipulate that members should post comments on others' writes before posting their own, but it is 'a thing'... especially with newer writers: they're so excited at the opportunity to see their work up online, hoping to get the praise their hearts desire or to receive help to improve, that they are greedy; they post and post and post their own material but rarely look around to read and comment on the other poets there. it's natural, but needs discouraging.

the BEST way to get more views/comments is by putting yourself out there and taking the time to not be selfish. read other poems. THINK about them. offer your opinions. it's a time-consuming process that not only helps other writers, it has another huge benefit: it trains your mind to think more critically about the actual art of writing. it helps you identify weak or strong areas; helps your self-confidence as it builds on your skills; it helps you look at your own writing with more detachment when it comes to looking for problems and so it's all a learning circle. the more you THINK about poetry, the better you understand it.

all that other whingeing is bollocks, really.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
74awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 3364

butters said:most people like eyes on their poems and, even better, some form of feedback.

it's sad a site has to stipulate that members should post comments on others' writes before posting their own, but it is 'a thing'... especially with newer writers: they're so excited at the opportunity to see their work up online, hoping to get the praise their hearts desire or to receive help to improve, that they are greedy; they post and post and post their own material but rarely look around to read and comment on the other poets there. it's natural, but needs discouraging.

the BEST way to get more views/comments is by putting yourself out there and taking the time to not be selfish. read other poems. THINK about them. offer your opinions. it's a time-consuming process that not only helps other writers, it has another [i]huge benefit: it trains your mind to think more critically about the actual art of writing. it helps you identify weak or strong areas; helps your self-confidence as it builds on your skills; it helps you look at your own writing with more detachment when it comes to looking for problems and so it's all a learning circle. the more you THINK about poetry, the better you understand it.

all that other whingeing is bollocks, really.

Word.  And, an integral part of the critiquing process as well!  

David_Macleod
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
Joined 5th Nov 2014

there are many reasons for people to allegedly "Whinge" and a greaty deal of it justified. There are many broken souls on this site and many other sites. Being open-minded to the possibility that someone at that point in time may feel fragile. I think the overall stipulation when dealing with others should be "Handle with care"

its not always bollocks, just sometimes :-))))))))))))))

Go to page:
Go to: