Go to page:

Is it just me???

blue2u
Bizarre Vendetta
Twisted Dreamer
United Kingdom
Joined 26th May 2019
Forum Posts: 5

Is it just me or do only the femme poets get their stuff read and lots of comments, likes and adds?
Is it just me or do some poets steal others work by changing a few random words, just so they can impress a woman?
Is it just me, or are there trolls among us who like bullying others who speak out by using false accounts to make them try to leave?
Is it just me or do those men follow the most have a picture of their bottom cleavage or stocking tops?
Is it just me or am I the only one who despairs and feels like leaving again?

If it just me, then sorry and I will leave... Again

poet Anonymous

1) Nope. Men and women are equal here.

2) Possibly.

3) Almost certainly.

4) 🤷‍♀️

5) You just got here? Give it a chance?

blue2u
Bizarre Vendetta
Twisted Dreamer
United Kingdom
Joined 26th May 2019
Forum Posts: 5

Miss_Sub said:1) Nope. Men and women are equal here.  OK... But more men read women's poetry here than men's stuff

2) Possibly.  ok fair answer

3) Almost certainly.  well honestly ... but what do you do about it

4) 🤷‍♀️ no idea what that means ..

5) You just got here? Give it a chance?  been here a long time ago before then got fed up of the crap and left x

inechoingsilence
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 317

Blue2u,

I'm not here long, and I can say considering where I left this place is lovely. Is it perfect? No. Is any place going to be perfect? Highly unlikely. But here, if you talk to a mod they listen. I also wondered about comments, and I realized, guess what? If I don't make myself known, people won't know who I am. Give it a proper try before leaving again, please. Blessings - Silence

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

Some of my favourite writers on here are male.

Some of the most famous poets stole lines from others, it's not going away if you share your work publicly, no matter where it is.

Those who use fake accounts to troll, stalk, bully etc, are cunts and are all over the internet.

As for the rest, I stopped noticing those kinds of things a long time ago.

Carpe_Noctem
Tyrant of Words
Spain 8awards
Joined 3rd Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 2915

We all crawled out from under Golgos overcoat

We writers are thieves by nature, imitation flattery or just plain lazy.
So I say write who gives a fuck it's your story in the end

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2264

Carpe_Noctem said:We all crawled out from under Golgos overcoat

We writers are thieves by nature, imitation flattery or just plain lazy.
So I say write who gives a fuck it's your story in the end

I admit to being indolent
but i am soooooooooooooo lazy i can't even
muster up the energy to copy another's spills!!

I fucking even struggling with rhyming!!

Carpe_Noctem
Tyrant of Words
Spain 8awards
Joined 3rd Mar 2013

Tallen said:

I admit to being indolent
but i am soooooooooooooo lazy i can't even
muster up the energy to copy another's spills!!

I fucking even struggling with rhyming!!

I don't like rhyming so much

I can do it
blew it
like ghosting smoke rings
dancing slow to swing
but fuck it taking the time
with all this fucking rhyme

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

I haven't taken my meds
In two months.
Over the weekend I ,
Well I...
But enough about me,
I think your poem has a nice sorrowful
Cadence,
Like the nighttime bugs and frogs singing mother nature's lullaby

poet Anonymous

blue2u said:Is it just me or do only the femme poets get their stuff read and lots of comments, likes and adds?
Is it just me or do some poets steal others work by changing a few random words, just so they can impress a woman?
Is it just me, or are there trolls among us who like bullying others who speak out by using false accounts to make them try to leave?
Is it just me or do those men follow the most have a picture of their bottom cleavage or stocking tops?
Is it just me or am I the only one who despairs and feels like leaving again?

If it just me, then sorry and I will leave... Again

many men pander to women, not just here but in general, suck it up it's life, women prefer the company of other women in general they tend toward ingroup preference https://news.uns.purdue.edu/html4ever/2004/041213.Goodwin.gender.html  

women prefer women, men prefer women, its part of what drives men to attempt to excel and also drives them towards the top, but also leads them to pander favourably to women, women select who gets access to "vagina" and that's pretty important to anyone that might want to pair bond or build a family structure, it kinda carries over worse when you're anonymous because you cant be accused of being a cesty fucker if you compliment a woman's poem, but compliment her dress, her looks, her figure....whoa, whoa slow down you misogynist...

that's not saying that women's poems here aren't worth praise, nor is it saying they're only receiving praise because "vagina" but you can differentiate between those that are worth praise due to the merit of the write and those that are praised because...you get the point. as a male writer you need to excel to get the kind of feedback that some of your female contemporary's get. You also need to put yourself out there as a commenter and prove to people you don't have a hidden agenda and I would refrain from messaging dick pic's just a pro tip women aren't interested in seeing your tip

Try commenting on other male poets poems giving real in depth feedback and honest appraisal treating them as an equal as opposed to someone you look down on and they might engage in reciprocity to your honesty and forth right commenting. same with the female poets don't try and curry favour with them by simply kissing ass and it should drum up more engagement in your writing.

(missy is a little wrong we aren't all equal, she is an exceptional writer that also has talent as a commenter but we aren't and shouldn't be equal we should be striving for excellence and pushing others towards the same goal in a community minded manner) booo hiss burn the heretic, but it's true we are all at different developmental stages of writing and there are those that will pander for a comment in the same way a dog sits for a treat without ever trying to improve or push themselves out of their wheel house myself included.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

most writers absorb and borrow those elements that they admire in other writers, but taking it and transforming into your unique writing style and identity/voice is  what marks the level of sophistication in ones writing techniques, there are a lot of writing devices you can use to improve as a writer but the best is reading and critiquing others.

as to straight up plagiarism it should be called out and not tolerated especially when the people who have been stolen from can read their work on another's page, as to the impressing women part...… see point one...
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

trolls and bully's are everywhere it is the nature of life and people, we're crude and animalistic in nature despite what most people may seem to believe, I think we're intrinsically flawed and don't realise when emotion is ruling us or when logic and truth are.

We don't like other people sometimes, don't like their ideas, don't like their gender, Christ it might even be the colour of their skin some immutable quality they have no personal control over and has no bearing on who they are as an individual. My advice as soon as you locate such a person stick your middle finger up at the screen and block them.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

men are visual creatures so cleavage and sexually provocative displays draw attention and for some men that's enough a pretty face or nice ass or nice "rack" gives them the ability to settle without substance, true here, true in real life, it's part of the reason those displays are used, they work. it's part of the reason multi million dollar plastic surgeries and personal enhancements exist. "shrug" no point complaining about an exploitable part of human nature, just look to it as something that exists and if it doesn't compare to you r morals then you get to dismiss it.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

don't despair, write, engage read, work on making yourself a better writer the rest well it's the nature of societies even online ones, clique's form and sometimes you can become part of the group but as is often the case be wary of what you might need to sacrifice to join.

Northern1
Fire of Insight
Iceland
Joined 15th Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 223

It's not my interesting poems that attract the followers i have, it's my short skirt and legs that pulled em in

No complaining here though, i will take em any way they come

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

Commentonly said:

many men pander to women, not just here but in general, suck it up it's life

Normally I wouldn't have read all of this as I have a cut of point for people who use the "the suck it up" phrase rather than understanding and empathy.

I did read to the end, hell I even read the university link but found that I was always lining myself up for disappointment.

in that, you did not disappoint and I found myself struggling to agree with anything you or the university had to say, still, I did try

poet Anonymous

David_Macleod said:

Normally I wouldn't have read all of this as I have a cut of point for people who use the "the suck it up" phrase rather than understanding and empathy.

I did read to the end, hell I even read the university link but found that I was always lining myself up for disappointment.

in that, you did not disappoint and I found myself struggling to agree with anything you or the university had to say, still, I did try

Guess I’ll just have to suck it up and move on with my day at least you gave me the good grace to say you didn’t agree I like having my views challenged so if you’d like to go a bit further in your explanation I’d be interested in reading.

As to understanding and empathy I find them most useful when dealing with children rather than adults based on the fact that an adult is more able to manipulate you emotionally based on those two emotions and states of mind, I tend to reserve them for people I trust and those I think will least likely fuck me or anyone I know/love over.

But hey I think disagreements and disappointments are beneficial too

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

Yeah you do that, and if that's your way then, heal thyself first and we can talk more. Although one healed you probably won't be interested in my answers methinks.

One point though If you do not treat adults with understanding, empathy, love, compassion, caring, being truthful and supportive, then healing and maybe heart surgery would be necessary.

So, do all adults want to manipulate you?  Do they all want to fuck you and those you know and love??

these are rhetorical questions for you to ponder as is how you treat adults.

some disappointments come from disageements

Carpe_Noctem
Tyrant of Words
Spain 8awards
Joined 3rd Mar 2013

David_Macleod said:Yeah you do that, and if that's your way then, heal thyself first and we can talk more. Although one healed you probably won't be interested in my answers methinks.

One point though If you do not treat adults with understanding, empathy, love, compassion, caring, being truthful and supportive, then healing and maybe heart surgery would be necessary.

So, do all adults want to manipulate you?  Do they all want to fuck you and those you know and love??

these are rhetorical questions for you to ponder as is how you treat adults.

some disappointments come from disageements

Not all adults are cunts

Go to page:
Go to: