Personal Path Sharing thread

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
inechoingsilence
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 317

I'm in therapy now - I was in therapy as a child for 11 years, then left it as I couldn't stand the whole ' let us go back to your childhood' BS hokum. Now, however, I see a therapist once every six weeks or so (formally) and I deal with the present - the stresses of being a mother of neurodivergent children with behavioral conditions as well as my own mental health conditions. My biggest issue is twofold: I feel that no matter what I do it is never enough, and that I am alone.  Seeing my therapist helps me put it into perspective. I also have what I call ' my support team' who I speak to or message on a more consistent basis. My issue isn't that I am unaware - i'm hyperaware to the point that I get lost in the trees, as they say. They help me keep that aspect of myself in check.  I hope this helps. xo Silence

poet Anonymous

I recently did a days workshop on women healing the collective wound of the ancient persecution of Witchcraft in the United Kingdom. It was actually really powerful. I’ve done quite a few different healing collectives now and they’re always incredible. You feel a little lighter each time.  

Healing of the self is always useful, but healing as a collective is more powerful than you think.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
inechoingsilence
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Apr 2019

The good thing about the type of therapy I have (professionally) is that I deal with the issues I want to deal with. In the process of dealing with those issues, other issues get touched upon and in the course of time can be addressed or not. I can completely relate to your frustration of having to 'move on' when you are not ready. I am not a professional, but that seems really incorrect to me. You are there to deal with issues that impede your ability to appreciate life in the manner you want to. That means getting in there and dealing with issues fully and honestly.

I am part of many support groups - I have never thought to start one myself, and I have no idea or ability regarding hosting. I also don't like to be the only voice or the center of attention in relation to other people. I prefer to be the 'power behind the throne', so to speak. Just know that if you (or anyone else) emails me, I will email back as soon as I am able ( I am not always at my computer).

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
inechoingsilence
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Apr 2019

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

I can say I didn't get even a hint of insult or self promotion. If we can't be open and ask for help here, where can we?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Page:
Go to: