Go to page:

Rain Check or Recipe, Please  : )

Tallen
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
30awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 1764

Carpe_Noctem said:Grilled cheese sandwiches can be gourmeted up

I'm fixin' to buy me a Waffle iron
as the Homemaking Group i am a member of on Facebook  (one of only 7 men in the group - LOL)
posted a video of all sorts of things to make using it and among 'em was a quicker easier less messy way to make grilled cheese sandwiches.  

Tallen
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
30awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 1764

Ahavati said:

LMAO!  I make it in the slow cooker with freshly grated white and sharp cheddar cheese!


a couple of weeks ago
i made mac n cheese using the crock pot
and i ate it and it was tasty
but as usual, i must have done something wrong
with respect to the recipe as it came out kind of chewy --

Reminded me of a time i baked chicken using a recipe i got from a Mom (a family owned corner market where i shopped a lot and got the know the family very well) at the market.  I even had to borrow a pan from her for the chicken.

I told her later it came out super chewy and was difficult to eat.  But i followed her recipe to the letter.
SHE COULDN'T STOP LAUGHING!
Evidently i had bought stewing chicken
I didn't even know there are all kinds of different chicken!!  WTH?!

I firmly believe my life is here on this planet to enrich others and make them chuckle --

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
89awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7534

LOL!  Welcome to Cooking with Tallen - a supernatural experience!

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3346

Ahavati said:Son of a  . . . it actually exists.

they do not sell this in the grocery stores here! Maybe because macaroni & cheese is a southern thing?   It would be like canning fried chicken down here. LOL!


* gasps *

Don't give them any ideas!

Tallen
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
30awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 1764

Ahavati said:LOL!  Welcome to Cooking with Tallen - a supernatural experience!

 

You caused me to laugh!

thank You

Tallen
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
30awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 1764

Ahavati said:Son of a  . . . it actually exists.

they do not sell this in the grocery stores here! Maybe because macaroni & cheese is a southern thing?   It would be like canning fried chicken down here. LOL!


One November when i was stationed at
Castle Air Force Base
the chow hall served up powdered turkey for
Thanksgiving for those of us lucky enough to have to stay on base.

I supposed everything and anything can be freeze dried and or canned.  

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
89awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7534

Tallen said:

One November when i was stationed at
Castle Air Force Base
the chow hall served up powdered turkey for
Thanksgiving for those of us lucky enough to have to stay on base.

I supposed everything and anything can be freeze dried and or canned.  


We called it the Messhall! I remember eating there a few times with my father, and I loved the food! I guess cause I was a kid. Dunno. I was probably more excited about eating there than anything else.

Tallen
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
30awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 1764

Ahavati said:

We called it the Messhall! I remember eating there a few times with my father, and I loved the food! I guess cause I was a kid. Dunno. I was probably more excited about eating there than anything else.


My dad never took us kids to base when he was in the Navy but he did take me on all of the
Merchant Marine Ships he was assigned to when he served in that capacity after the Navy and i did get to dine in the Galleys.  

For kids (like us) it's an Adventure and who cares what the food tastes like --

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
89awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7534

Tallen said:

My dad never took us kids to base when he was in the Navy but he did take me on all of the
Merchant Marine Ships he was assigned to when he served in that capacity after the Navy and i did get to dine in the Galleys.  

For kids (like us) it's an Adventure and who cares what the food tastes like --


Exactly! My father took me to work with him a few times when he was just stopping by to get something! I loved playing on the planes and even copped a few ( unofficial ) rides! He was Air Force!

Tallen
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
30awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 1764

Ahavati said:

Exactly! My father took me to work with him a few times when he was just stopping by to get something! I loved playing on the planes and even copped a few ( unofficial ) rides! He was Air Force!


Oooooooo, so freakin' cool  

I've always had a love for Planes since i was about 3 years old.
When i was a teen i had a friend who would take me up in his single engine plane and he let me fly for a spell while we were up there in the blue and white skies.


Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
89awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7534

Tallen said:

Oooooooo, so freakin' cool  

I've always had a love for Planes since i was about 3 years old.
When i was a teen i had a friend who would take me up in his single engine plane and he let me fly for a spell while we were up there in the blue and white skies.



It's an amazing feeling; however, if you truly want a liberating feeling, hit a hot air balloon!

Tallen
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
30awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 1764

Ahavati said:

It's an amazing feeling; however, if you truly want a liberating feeling, hit a hot air balloon!


on my Bucket List

& there's a Festival where Ballooning is open to the public, here in the desert  

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
89awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7534

Tallen said:

on my Bucket List

& there's a Festival where Ballooning is open to the public, here in the desert  


The New Mexico festival is one of the largest! Always wanted to go to that one.

butters
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

note to Tallen: food takes longer to heat at altitude

*smirk*

Tallen
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
30awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 1764

Ahavati said:

The New Mexico festival is one of the largest! Always wanted to go to that one.


Oooo, now there's an idea!
Exactly where in NM?

If close to where
https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poets/prometheus5290/
lives maybe i can stay at his place.  I am pretty certain he told me he moved to NM.


Go to page:
Go to: