Go to page:

Rain Check or Recipe, Please  : )

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

badmalthus said:

Whatever you cook...soups...curries...casseroles...always add a BIG dollop of peanut paste...always!
Cheers...Harry
or even peanut butter especially in a curry!

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

hey, Tallen, if you want quick'n'tasty without worrying too much about cooking/the niceties of ingredients, on a cold day a can of macaroni cheese mixed with bacon bits is warming and filling. and all you need to do is heat it up :D

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

also,  a pre-made pizza base (or pack mix where you add 1/2 cup of warm water, mix and rest for 5 minutes then press into pan and cook 5 mins before adding toppings and sticking back in oven)

so, pre-part bake your pizza base, smear it with something tomatoey (like puree or condensed tomato soup to which you can add some garlic), some shredded cheese, thinly sliced hotdogs and tomato if you have it, some onion's good too (and anything else you might want, like bacon bits/shredded ham/pre-cooked leftovers) chuck on some more cheese and (if you have it) green pesto blobs. bung it back in the oven for about 10 minutes till the cheese is melted and things are looking right :D

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2287

butters said:hey, Tallen, if you want quick'n'tasty without worrying too much about cooking/the niceties of ingredients, on a cold day a can of macaroni cheese mixed with bacon bits is warming and filling. and all you need to do is heat it up :D

I don't believe i've ever seen mac n cheese in a can  

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Carpe_Noctem
Tyrant of Words
Spain 8awards
Joined 3rd Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 2915

Grilled cheese sandwiches can be gourmeted up

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14574

I have never seen Mac & Cheese in a can either!

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

Nor have I... I don’t even eat anything that comes from a can anymore.

If anyone wants to shortcut with mac & cheese, pick up the frozen entree kind and microwave in a matter of a few minutes, and add some frozen veggies too ... hardly any cleanup, and tastes better!

🐾🍜

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

Jade-Pandora said:Nor have I... I don’t even eat anything that comes from a can anymore.

If anyone wants to shortcut with mac & cheese, pick up the frozen entree kind and microwave in a matter of a few minutes, and add some frozen veggies too ... hardly any cleanup, and tastes better!

🐾🍜

that'll work!

these are just short-cut recipes my kids tried out when first cooking for themselves :D

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Son of a  . . . it actually exists.

they do not sell this in the grocery stores here! Maybe because macaroni & cheese is a southern thing?   It would be like canning fried chicken down here. LOL!

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

Ahavati said:Son of a  . . . it actually exists.

they do not sell this in the grocery stores here! Maybe because macaroni & cheese is a southern thing?   It would be like canning fried chicken down here. LOL!
lol... well they sell it in the uk, too, not sure about a frozen version though as i've never seen that there. heinz is one of the big sellers, right along with their soups

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

butters said:lol... well they sell it in the uk, too, not sure about a frozen version though as i've never seen that there. heinz is one of the big sellers, right along with their soups

There ARE lots of frozen/refrigerated versions here, particularly around the holidays to "Make life in the kitchen easier".  But, I worry about what they put into those things to preserve them on the shelf or in the freezer.  

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

Here’s the brand that I stock my freezer with in a variety of entrees- Stouffer’s. That brand also has a healthier version of different dinners called Lean Cuisine. Btw, this image shows their 20oz Mac n Cheese, but there’s the single size, and a family-size which will do just that ... feed a family.  Darn I’m gettin’ Hungry.

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

Ahavati said:

There ARE lots of frozen/refrigerated versions here, particularly around the holidays to "Make life in the kitchen easier".  But, I worry about what they put into those things to preserve them on the shelf or in the kitchen.  

can't beat fresh-made (well, depends on what you cook like, i suppose, and his mother... no, not gonna do it, lol)

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

butters said:
can't beat fresh-made (well, depends on what you cook like, i suppose, and his mother... no, not gonna do it, lol)

LMAO!  I make it in the slow cooker with freshly grated white and sharp cheddar cheese!

Go to page:
Go to: