Go to page:

Rain Check or Recipe, Please  : )

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2297

On other websites postings of recipes are shared and if doable for a novice like me I will make the attempt.  Some have raving successes and some well.........um OK was Ok.

Anyways, I am looking for recipes that a novice (single man) can easily do.

Extra points if You can share in a spill format

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14656

This has to be one of the BEST dishes I have EVER tasted. The combination of sour cream, cream cheese, onion, red pepper, garlic, spinach, and artichoke hearts is amazing.

Vegetarian Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Spaghetti Squash

Preheat oven to 400

Ingredients:

1 Med-Large Spaghetti Squash - cut lengthwise and seeded
3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
3/4ths cup chopped onion
1 chopped red bell pepper ( you can use green if you prefer )
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cut light sour cream
3 oz cream cheese - softened
3/4ths cup grated parmesan cheese - divided
3 cups packed baby spinach
1-1/4 cups canned artichoke hearts - chopped
3/4 cup mozarella cheese
chopped, fresh parsley
salt & pepper to taste

place squash cut side down ( I know many cook it cut side up but it retains more flavor down ) on parchment paper and cook for about 40 minutes ( most cook longer but I like mine more al dente ).

While squash is cookingoil over medium heat - add onion and red pepper and cook until veggies are tender ( 5 - 8 minutes ).  Add garlic until fragrant ( about a minute or so ).  Add sour cream, cream cheese, and 1/2 of the parmesan until smooth and melted.  Fold in spinach and artichoke hearts until spinach is wilted.

Salt & pepper to taste

Pull out spaghetti squash and set the over to broil.

Flip squash over, and fork the center until each side is filled with its own spaghetti noodles.  Divide the creamed mixture between the halves and mix with the noodles!
Then top with the rest of the parmesan and mozzarella cheese.  

Broil for about 2-3 minutes then sprinkle with parsley.

Wallah!

Serves 2

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Vegetarian Spicy Nachos Bellgrande

Preheat oven to 400°

Ingredients:

I use Late July chips ( both Quinoa & Lime are excellent ) https://www.latejuly.com/

Quorn Crumbles: https://www.quorn.us/

I use homemade salsa but there are some good organic ones available. I also make my taco seasoning but there are good organic ones you can buy too.

Organic Sour Cream, 1-2 tomatoes ( chopped ), 1/2 head lettuce ( chopped ), avocados ( sliced ), 1 medium onion ( chopped ), 1 red bell pepper ( chopped ), and whatever else you want throw in the mix.

Mexican, extra-sharp chedder, & pepperjack cheeses - grated

Red pepper flakes

3 cloves garlic - chopped or minced

Sautee onions & red pepper in 1-2 Tbsp olive until onions are translucent. Add garlic and sautee until aromatic. Add crumbles and sautee until warmed.  Add taco seasoning and sautee until mixed.  Cover and simmer for about 10 min to allow the flavors to absorb.

Spread chips on bottom of baking sheet ( use parchment paper for easy transfer ).  Cover with grated cheese and bake until melted ( around 5-7 min ).  

Remove from oven, then turn broil on high.  Top with crumble mixture and another thin layer of cheeses.  Broil until cheese is melted.

Remove and top with chopped tomatoes, lettuce, salsa, sour cream, avocado, and a sprinkle of cheese.

Salt & pepper to taste.

Serves two

Enjoy.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

I am getting FATTER by the post!!

Thank You for the recipes - will be attempting this summer.....  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Vegetarian Buffalo Chicken Pizza

Quorn Meatless Chicken Strips https://www.quorn.us/products/quorn-meatless-chicken-strips

Blue cheese crumbles

Personal sized Pizza Crusts

Alternate veggies to your taste ( I like chopped red bell pepper, onion, spinach, broccoli, and musrooms sauteed in minced garlic ).

Mozarella & sharp cheddar cheeses

Buffalo sauce of your choice ( I like HOT )

Red pepper flakes

Sautee strips, onion, broccoli, and red bell pepper in 2 TBS olive oil until heated through.  Add garlic and simmer until aromatic. Add baby spinach until wilted.

Layer crusts with buffalo sauce and top with sauteed strip mixture. Drizzle more buffalo sauce and top with mozarella and sharp cheddar.

Bake in 350 oven ( unless your crusts call for a different baking time ) for about 20 min.

Remove, drizzle with buffalo sauce and red pepper flakes.

Salt & pepper to taste.

Serve with side salad and/or sour cream/avocado to temper the hot sauce.

Serves 1

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Vegetarian Cailiflower Buffalo Wings

Heat oven to 400-425°

You'll need 1 head of cauliflower approx. 4 cups of florets, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup milk, 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, 2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp of paprika, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp ground pepper.

Buffalo sauce of your chouce.
Blue Cheese Dressing.

Mix the flour, spices, milk, and water until little to no lumps appear. Dip the cauliflower into the batter and place it on a greased sheet pan ( I use parchment paper ).  Drain as batter extra batter will stick  together while baking. After the cauliflower has cooked for 20 minutes, remove it and toss in buffalo sauce until coated,  then return to bake for another 20 minutes or until it’s crispy.

Serve with blue cheese ( or dressing/dipping sauce of your choice ) dressing and celery sticks.

Serves 2

Enjoy

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Trying to find all my photos and recipes.

Vegetarian Spicy Stuffed Zucchini Boats

Ingredients ( as many organic as possible ):

3 Medium Zucchini
16 oz jar of chunky salsa ( or make your own )
8 oz of tomato sauce
1 TB olive oil
1 lb ground crumbles ( I use Quorn vegetarian )
3 cloves of chopped garlic
1 can Rotel
3-4 chopped jalapenos
1/3 cup diced onion
1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 ½ cups of shredded sharp cheddar and pepper jack cheese
¼ cup crushed tortilla chips ( Late July is the best )
Taco seasoning  ( going to post a homemade recipe later on )
Sour cream to taste
1 avocado

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 375

Trim end off zucchini and spoon out the middles ( chop the middle and set aside )
Fill 13 x 9 baking dish with 1” of water and place the zucchini boats in the dish – bake for 20 min.

While boats are baking combine salsa and tomato sauce in a bowl – reserve one cup aside

Add olive oil to a warm skillet over medium heat and add crumbles, garlic, jalapenos, onion, and red pepper until cooked and the vegetables are tender.

Once cooked, add chopped zucchini middles, Rotel, salsa mixture ( except for the 1 cup reserved ), 1 T taco seasoning and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce and simmer 5 min.

Remove boats from water and dump water. Add the one cup of reserved sauce to the bottom of the baking dish and place the boats on top.

Fill boats with the mixture, cover with foil, and bake 20 min.

Remove boats from oven and set to broil. Remove foil and top with cheese and tortilla chips. Return to oven and broil until brown and bubbly!

Enjoy! Serve with sour cream and avocado ( or your preference of side ) to temper the spiciness.

Note: This made two batches of sauce for me – so I put half in the freezer for another recipe. It may not with hamburger meat because it shrinks. The Quorn crumbles do not so it’s a lot more. If you have just a little left, throw it in the baking dish around the boats to bake with them.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Tallen said:Extra points if You can share in a spill format

I am afraid to say I am very afraid
of foods that bachelors can comprise
of vegetables and cheese

I'll have a side of fries with that please

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

JohnnyBlaze said:

of vegetables and cheese

While You caused me to laugh (thank You)
there is much truth to the wee spill
as i have not even lived here in Southern Arizona for a year and i've already Food Poisoned myself at least 3 or 4 times!!!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Tallen said:

While You caused me to laugh (thank You)
there is much truth to the wee spill
as i have not even lived here in Southern Arizona for a year and i've already Food Poisoned myself at least 3 or 4 times!!!

Dammit - I repeated the word "of" 3 times in my spill ....

* sticks head in the of-en * 🔥

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

I lost my recipe for Vegetarian Haggis  

Anyone here in the Deep with their recipe?  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

of vegetables and cheese

He's  honestly not kidding. I made a beautiful raspberry vinaigrette salad today, he had chicken breast on the grill - and a side of seasoned fries in the oven!  

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

I need a recipe for a soup that promotes a lifting up of chakra energies.
I use a crock pot and usually start on a Friday and add throughout the weekend.
By Monday, the soup is divine.

Any suggestions for making my soup better or different?

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

I've only made the Mediterranean one so far
and not sure about the Asian one as i'll be looking for a substitute for the brown sugar (i don't keep sugar in my kitchen)

Go to page:
Go to: