Go to page:

Official DU Podcast Thread

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
94awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 7932


So after me pulling out what’s left of my hair...we are now live on ITunes / Apple podcasts!

After tattooing their Bible Of terms & conditions on my forehead, promising the blood of my first born, the shirt off my back and a fucking chocolate croissant to whatever Dalek has taken over the role of Steve Jobs...

If you could review us to get our rating up a bit, that would be super-smashing-great.  Every little helps. 👍🏻

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-poetcast-project/id1464243640

DanielChristensen
DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Dangerous Mind
United States
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 43

Miss_Sub said:So after me pulling out what’s left of my hair...we are now live on ITunes / Apple podcasts!

After tattooing their Bible Of terms & conditions on my forehead, promising the blood of my first born, the shirt off my back and a fucking chocolate croissant to whatever Dalek has taken over the role of Steve Jobs...

If you could review us to get our rating up a bit, that would be super-smashing-great.  Every little helps. 👍🏻

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-poetcast-project/id1464243640


Bottom is the perfect place to start. Only direction is up.

DanielChristensen
DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Dangerous Mind
United States
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 43

I made you up to write this poem

Magdalena
Go To Page  
Magdalena said:

I use the built in mic on my laptop, but, I have just ordered the one Missy has.  I also use audacity to record. All of the info is on Loud-speaker group, you will find so much help on there.
I've just created this audio with my laptop, can't wait to try out my new mic.



The same for me Magdalena. I use the laptop mic and audacity. Before audacity I had to complete readings of my voluminous writes in a single take. 😅 Hard not to stumble over a word here and there but I managed somehow.

Magdalena
Magdalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales
56awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2569

DanielChristensen said:

The same for me Magdalena. I use the laptop mic and audacity. Before audacity I had to complete readings of my voluminous writes in a single take. 😅 Hard not to stumble over a word here and there but I managed somehow.


Same, and I would have white noise that I would have to mask with music. Now  I use the noise reduction on audacity and completely remove it and it is fab for mixing, so I can add more layers to my audio's and so much more.

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
94awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 7932

I’m laughing at all this “before audacity” chat. Sounds like a cheesy advert for a cult or something:

“Before audacity, I was a stinking loser, devoid of any job prospects... but now that audacity has come into my life, I’m the king of the castle, baby!!!”

🤣🤣🤣


(... in all fairness, I heart audacity)

Magdalena
Magdalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales
56awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2569

I would, audacity. 😂😁

DanielChristensen
DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Dangerous Mind
United States
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 43

Miss_Sub said:I’m laughing at all this “before audacity” chat. Sounds like a cheesy advert for a cult or something:

“Before audacity, I was a stinking loser, devoid of any job prospects... but now that audacity has come into my life, I’m the king of the castle, baby!!!”

🤣🤣🤣


(... in all fairness, I heart audacity)


Lol! You rock Missy. 😅🤘👅🤘

DanielChristensen
DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Dangerous Mind
United States
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 43

Magdalena said:

Same, and I would have white noise that I would have to mask with music. Now  I use the noise reduction on audacity and completely remove it and it is fab for mixing, so I can add more layers to my audio's and so much more.


What function cancels the white noise in Audacity Magdalena? I used to know but forgot.

David_Macleod
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
38awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 1942

apparently Missy covers her head and microphone under a blanket to record - I suppose she must be used to it with her many trips in prison vans flanked by the paparazzi :-)))))))

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
94awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 7932


David_Macleod said:apparently Missy covers her head and microphone under a blanket to record - I suppose she must be used to it with her many trips in prison vans flanked by the paparazzi :-)))))))


Sky_dancer
Sky_dancer
The Cosmic Dragon
Dangerous Mind
13awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 638

Before Audacity I was homeless, living in a shoebox by the side of the road with my 12 children, living off discarded MacDonalds leftovers. Now, I live in a cottage in the Cotswolds with my Siamese cat and I drink sparking spring water. Thank you Audacity!

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
94awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 7932

Sky_dancer said:Before Audacity I was homeless, living in a shoebox by the side of the road with my 12 children, living off discarded MacDonalds leftovers. Now, I live in a cottage in the Cotswolds with my Siamese cat and I drink sparking spring water. Thank you Audacity!




DanielChristensen
DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Dangerous Mind
United States
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 43

Sky_dancer said:Before Audacity I was homeless, living in a shoebox by the side of the road with my 12 children, living off discarded MacDonalds leftovers. Now, I live in a cottage in the Cotswolds with my Siamese cat and I drink sparking spring water. Thank you Audacity!

Lol! 🤘👅🤘

DanielChristensen
DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Dangerous Mind
United States
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 43

David_Macleod said:apparently Missy covers her head and microphone under a blanket to record - I suppose she must be used to it with her many trips in prison vans flanked by the paparazzi :-)))))))

Lol! That's what I do David. Turn off the air conditioner and fan, get under a heavy blanket for background noise cancellation. It's quite uncomfortable, in this sub tropical bog. Suffering for my art, followed by a cold beverage. 😅🤘👅

Amorous_tryst
Amorous_tryst
Dangerous Mind
United States
15awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 12th June 2017
Forum Posts: 917

Finally had a chance to sit back and enjoy the inaugural episode of the Official Podcast Project, and was blown away. What an exceptional job done by all.

I will be looking forward to many more in the future as this was an idea long overdue but worth the wait, and it's weight in words and more.

Not much more I can add that has not already been said, so I'll just say "FANTASTIC JOB POETS"

PS: As a side note for Missy, the owner of that chest, or "Twin Peaks", as they have been nicknamed by a friend here on DU, shall remain undisclosed and kept close to the 'breast' , only saying they have performed up to their expectations in many ways. , (only wish they were mine)

Go to page:
Go to: