Official DU Podcast Thread

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
91awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7855

Clarification on my behalf. I am not saying pass the baton FROM the Poetcast Project. Thus I explained that whoever might consider it in the future would want their own name and style and content to be reflected in it. Who wants to mimic someone else? it wouldn't be genuine.

I am saying an Official DU Podcast should not be impossible because TPP left if another group of individuals are interested. I would think you would want that for DU. I know that Johnny and I would want that for NaPo, as so many members love it. Regardless of who might continue, it will ALWAYS be YOUR legacy.

I have no idea what abuse you've suffered, unless you're referring to comments made by members who felt excluded. Perhaps you should've listened to their concerns. To them they were justified. Did you reach out privately? Though I suppose it doesn't matter now.

Again, I wish you the best of luck on your future ventures. I mean that. Wishing the success of others brings happiness to all when they are successful people, as successful people tend to focus on the positive aspect of life.

ThePoetcastProject
ThePoetcastProject
Twisted Dreamer
  profile   poems   message
Joined 28th Mar 2019
Forum Posts: 143

No.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

ThePoetcastProject said:

No.

Okay to whatever you are saying 'No.' to. I don't have time for these games. And I can only guess who this is behind the cloak of anonymity * coughMISSYcough *. I've said my piece and I wish you peace.

Viddax
Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom
24awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6536

Is there anyone on here who fancies doing a segment or slice of what the Poetcast did?

I am not suggesting a passing of the torch or a cut-and-paste copy, but now seems like a good time to start thinking about the future rather than mourning the past.

At the moment DU seems to be all silent on the airwaves, so even a 5 minute thing every other month would be something! It would also have a more communal feel, or perhaps ramshackle charm, if mini-groups are focussed on producing one thing and then pass it onto another group for polishing.

Or perhaps you had an idea of what alternatives there could have been and what the Poetcast could have done. There previous masterpiece is there to enjoy, but now there lies a blank canvas to work with....

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
11awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 2873

I have no idea never having been on You Tube ,
having a account / making videos...

Yet is there a way to make videos individually ,
have a "group" chosen to review them , then
join them somehow into a composed grouping ,
as a broadcast ?

Some pure poetry , some someone reading questions
proposed that have been emailed to them and reading
them / and answering them in a way of fun and clarity ?

So pretty much a composed show made of you tube segments combined ?

Is that even possible ?

David_Macleod
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
39awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2927

case28 said:

You missed my point about Respect and Appreciation... but before you start sharpening your righteous blade to cut me a new asshole, I thought maybe I should point you in the right direction... it's an Empathy and a Timing thing. Oh, second thoughts, the bit about Respect, I suggest you probably don't want to address that bit, because OBVIOUSLY there were some personality issues there and somebody would have to put their ego aside or we'd be getting personal... and we don't want to do that... so, I'm ready... Press reply... GO!

WAIT! It's probably a good time for Johnny to start warming up his fingers, so he can to the beatdown thing at the end with his keyboard... and then you can both do the high five butt slap thing and say, "fuck yeah, we showed him... Fuck, we're good! NaPo? Fuck yeah, four years, baby!"

I love the things you have said on this thread. It's Ironic that I have been made by others to be a second class citizen of DU in that If I were to say such things these people would campaign to have me banned. My complaints about these people and the bullying and guideline breakages are ignored by those in power - they will probably complain about this comment and try to have it removed - It is tiresome to be constantly under threat on a site that I used to love

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Viddax said:Is there anyone on here who fancies doing a segment or slice of what the Poetcast did?

I am not suggesting a passing of the torch or a cut-and-paste copy, but now seems like a good time to start thinking about the future rather than mourning the past.

At the moment DU seems to be all silent on the airwaves, so even a 5 minute thing every other month would be something! It would also have a more communal feel, or perhaps ramshackle charm, if mini-groups are focussed on producing one thing and then pass it onto another group for polishing.

Or perhaps you had an idea of what alternatives there could have been and what the Poetcast could have done. There previous masterpiece is there to enjoy, but now there lies a blank canvas to work with....

Thank you for being the voice of reason and moving DU forward, Viddax. To those who have messaged me with interest, I am NOT the go-to person for this; on the contrary, I am totally ignorant of such despite having been on several. Operating is completely diffferent.

Here is a video that may help:

How to Start a Podcast 2020: Podcasting for Beginners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUmdoFDtpQg

David_Macleod
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
Joined 5th Nov 2014

I would be more than capable of running a podcast - I am currently working on my own. What people want to think about is the sheer amount of work that needs to be done or the huge amount of research and understanding the legal ramifications of of its allowed content. You have to be a skilled audion editing techy and that is not easy to master. If you want to make a video blog then you need to learn a lot of video editing skills.

once you get it started then you need to work a lot of hours weekly on your content, editing and planing of guests and staffing it. You have to be well organised and committed worker especially if you set deadlines. You have to negotiate with the various platforms you want it to appear on - this is not a job for the faint-hearted, to do it well you need to be skilled and have professional voices to work for you.

I could do it but because I realise how much work is involved in creating a professional Podcast, I wouldn't have that time or motivation to commit to it, especially by witnessing the horrible way those who were running the Podcast were treated.

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
Joined 31st Mar 2018

David_Macleod said:I would be more than capable of running a podcast - I am currently working on my own. What people want to think about is the sheer amount of work that needs to be done or the huge amount of research and understanding the legal ramifications of of its allowed content. You have to be a skilled audion editing techy and that is not easy to master. If you want to make a video blog then you need to learn a lot of video editing skills.

once you get it started then you need to work a lot of hours weekly on your content, editing and planing of guests and staffing it. You have to be well organised and committed worker especially if you set deadlines. You have to negotiate with the various platforms you want it to appear on - this is not a job for the faint-hearted, to do it well you need to be skilled and have professional voices to work for you.

I could do it but because I realise how much work is involved in creating a professional Podcast, I wouldn't have that time or motivation to commit to it, especially by witnessing the horrible way those who were running the Podcast were treated.

If it were taken on David , I would suggest , and hope for
a group effort , from those experienced in both expertise
in the material , as well as emotional / spiritual fields...

A project such as this , as well , which was not taken into
account previously , needs at least three back up people ,
for *each*  person on the initial team , in case a initial
person needs to back out , and that would need to be
checked as to availability each month , or replaced...

This would need to be very tight knit , so the events as currently
we are dealing with , do not occur again...if we are a community ,
it is totally possible...if we are small units , or individuals , it is
easy to be broken...

Promotion alone within the DUP community , and prominent
recruitment of personnel available , is just one minor part...

What was done , and accomplished in past was , and shall remain ,
remarkable , and honored...not necessarily the individual named
people , yet the powerful , courageous , and inspirational members
who brought it about...that spoke universes of verse in itself...

Now...let us speak of how WE , as a TRUE COMMUNITY shall proceed !

David_Macleod
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
Joined 5th Nov 2014

Blackwolf said:

If it were taken on David , I would suggest , and hope for
a group effort , from those experienced in both expertise
in the material , as well as emotional / spiritual fields...

A project such as this , as well , which was not taken into
account previously , needs at least three back up people ,
for *each*  person on the initial team , in case a initial
person needs to back out , and that would need to be
checked as to availability each month , or replaced...

This would need to be very tight knit , so the events as currently
we are dealing with , do not occur again...if we are a community ,
it is totally possible...if we are small units , or individuals , it is
easy to be broken...

Promotion alone within the DUP community , and prominent
recruitment of personnel available , is just one minor part...

What was done , and accomplished in past was , and shall remain ,
remarkable , and honored...not necessarily the individual named
people , yet the powerful , courageous , and inspirational members
who brought it about...that spoke universes of verse in itself...

Now...let us speak of how WE , as a TRUE COMMUNITY shall proceed !

Again I agree with most of your assessment  it needs to be set up by a multi-talented and committed team - I don't think one person could do it. The team could consist of different people with different skills like audio recording, audio editing, possible video editing.  People who enjoy doing research and then several personalities to be the Podcasts voice

I remember when the previous Poetcast was set up, all groups and poets received invitation both privately and encouraging participation in public forums, competitions and ads. For me that os the starting point, I think all groups should copy that mission to be completely inclusive - this is also true for Cafe Critique and its mission statement. A good mission statement is vital or any group. Now I have had and an still experience health issue that has put me out of the loop on DU, so I couldn't even make any suggestion of members capable.

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
Joined 31st Mar 2018

Wish you the best for your health David...

I still miss your poetry , comical and blunt , both...

Two some , maybe three years ago...you rocked as
an inspiration , with your works ( not saying you do not now )

Yet I remember you so fondly...Thank You , Scots Man !

David_Macleod
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
Joined 5th Nov 2014

Blackwolf said:Wish you the best for your health David...

I still miss your poetry , comical and blunt , both...

Two some , maybe three years ago...you rocked as
an inspiration , with your works ( not saying you do not now )

Yet I remember you so fondly...Thank You , Scots Man !

Thank you so much for your kind comments and it is true that my production on the main has diminished in output and on occasion  quality Searching for my poetic mojo - I hope I fully get it back

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

There is also a facebook group that looks interesting:

The Podcast Project - From Launch to Monetization

https://www.facebook.com/groups/thepodcastproject

The Podcast Project's Private Facebook group is a community for aspiring and establish podcasters to:
Share valuable insights
Collaborate with other members
Provide constructive feedback on podcast-related topics
Learn how to launch, grow, and monetize their podcast
✅ Value in this group will include:
Recordings of all group coaching sessions
Recordings of all mastermind calls with top business podcasters
Weekly Q&As
Exclusive Free Trainings
One-on-One Interaction
🛑 Just a few housekeeping rules:
No spam
No links (unless specified in a post by the admin)
No asking for personal messages
No Facebook Lives
No sharing videos
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these guidelines, please reach out to our support team at admin@entrepreneurism.com

Disclaimer: I am not a member of said group so cannot vouch for its contents. I just happend to see it in my news feed ( oddly enough ).

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

David_Macleod said:I would be more than capable of running a podcast - I am currently working on my own. What people want to think about is the sheer amount of work that needs to be done or the huge amount of research and understanding the legal ramifications of of its allowed content. You have to be a skilled audion editing techy and that is not easy to master. If you want to make a video blog then you need to learn a lot of video editing skills.

Can you clarify what you mean on 'the horrible way those were running podcast were treated." ??

From witnessing and reading the podcast/poetcast threads I did not see one ounce of abuse or disrespect.  As a matter of fact, from everyone and anyone whether they were guests or just random listeners expressed their appreciation and praise to all the hard work and quality work they put out as a group or even specifically thanking each one that were instrumental with a particular segment.

So that part of your reference on how they were treated, is quite puzzling..

Go to page:
Go to: