DanielChristensen
DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Tyrant of Words
United States
21awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 117

It was a lot of fun making a podcast for the site and we're retooling to continue on the other half dozen or so platforms that we already publish to. I see no reason why the site should not be represented by new voices eager to give a voice to the members, one or even more podcasts would surely be a fun undertaking. I would suggest contacting the Webmistress in this regard.

I learned how to create better (if not perfect) audio poems through my involvement and so much more about networking and facilitating required to manage projects and get people in various time zones together for a good palaver. More important than the skills we picked up along the way, was all the people we got to know a little. You couldn't ask for more. Thank you to everyone who got involved and to everyone listening. Just in the 5 years or so that I've been a member, the site has grown so much and is always a well designed forum of expression.

I have learned in recent years, stay positive and focused on purposeful being and no ugliness can touch you, it finds no root to take hold in your mind and heart. I'm looking forward to what comes next. See the newness of each day and embrace the journey.

Eamonn thank you for always being such an even handed wit. It was a lot of fun. I'll see you at the reunion when we're 70 and complaining about our pacemakers.

LunaGreyhawk
LunaGreyhawk
Fire of Insight
United States
5awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 214

Thank you, Daniel.  I really do hope you continue on with the new podcast endeavors, I’ve really enjoyed it.  Thank you for speaking peace, as I know is your way.  Good luck to you and the rest of the podcast crew in the coming adventures 💜.

case28
case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2057

I have mixed feelings about the PoetCast Project leaving DU... I don't want to see podcast leave, but at the same time the project is limiting itself by staying.  I think a podcast dedicated to poetry and spoken word is a brilliant concept, and I know the very talented and passionate people involved in the project have sooooo much potential capturing a much bigger audience outside DU.

I thank ALL the PoetCast team, the WebMiss and all the poets who were involved in the project over the past year.  I look forward to listening to more of your poetry podcasts sometime in the near future.

I have to say that I was amused and disappointed by those people who were so quick to suggest we just simply replace the podcast... I'm sorry, consumers.  It doesn't always work that way.  You can't just drive down to your local fucking Walmart and buy something unique!

Respect and Appreciation are a couple of good qualities to reflect on.  Dynamics and Dedication are a couple of other words worth thinking about too.  Good luck.

ImperfectedStone
ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom
28awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Oct 2010
Forum Posts: 1344

Perfectly said, Case. Agree with entire sentiment.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
89awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7460

case28 said:[ . . . ]

I have to say that I was amused and disappointed by those people who were so quick to suggest we just simply replace the podcast... I'm sorry, consumers.  It doesn't always work that way.  You can't just drive down to your local fucking Walmart and buy something unique!

Respect and Appreciation are a couple of good qualities to reflect on.  Dynamics and Dedication are a couple of other words worth thinking about too.  Good luck.

Dynamics and dedication are two words I am very familiar with, having run DU's NaPoWriMo for four years now. Would I want it to cease because of my absense ( for whatever reason )? Hell no! I would want it to continue for the members of DU. NaPo is not ME or JOHNNY. It's DUP.

Would it be the same? Of course not. Would it be better or worse? Neither. It would be what it would be with new directors of the group and event, who would bring their own talents, skills, and expertise to the forefront.

I personally think you are doing the members of DU who would really like to step up and give it a go a diservice by implying it would never be the same ( of course it wouldn't ), or good enough.

Any official function of DU should be passed to the next generation vs scrapped just because a director leaves. Regardless of how amazingly awesome they were. Is the podcase for DU, or not?

I am in agreement with Daniel. Except I think he should pick up the torch. If not, then I wish them all the best on their new endeavors. And anyone else who might like to give this a go, carry on as suggested, and contact the webmiss.

DanielChristensen said:It was a lot of fun making a podcast for the site and we're retooling to continue on the other half dozen or so platforms that we already publish to. I see no reason why the site should not be represented by new voices eager to give a voice to the members, one or even more podcasts would surely be a fun undertaking. I would suggest contacting the Webmistress in this regard.

[ . . . ]

dustyJournals
dustyJournals
DjRicky
Fire of Insight
  profile   poems   message
Joined 23rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 967

Ricky’s opinions on the Podcast
5B views•Sep 15,2020

^ YouTube video.

Agreed with Ahavati.

David_Macleod
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
39awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2828

What a fucking shame, a shame DU will have to own going forward. A hearty thank you to all who contributed, supported and organised it. It was the best section ever to happen since I joined. The podcast in its original form will be missed greatly

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
66awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 13567

Just to reiterate, because there seems to be some confusion:

Poetcadt project was a project undertaken by Missy, Myself and Umm, Daniel and Ethan. it was a project.

There is and has always been the option for anyone to run (a)nother pod-cast.  Poetcast project is not an option for a name, name it something else

risky quizness is not an option, if you're going to have quiz name if something else, if yours going to have interviews, name them

I don't understand what people don't understand about that.  

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

lepperochan said:Just to reiterate, because there seems to be some confusion:

Poetcadt project was a project undertaken by Missy, Myself and Umm, Daniel and Ethan. it was a project.

There is and has always been the option for anyone to run (a)nother pod-cast.  Poetcast project is not an option for a name, name it something else

risky quizness is not an option, if you're going to have quiz name if something else, if yours going to have interviews, name them

I don't understand what people don't understand about that.  

Easy: Because it was entitled "DU Official Podcast", and its logo is the DU worm.

DU Official Napo certainly isn't mine or Johnny's, despite having founded it. It belongs to DU, and will carry on when we leave ( or probably before so we can help with the transition if needed ), name and all.  However, I cannot fathom anyone wanting to use PoetCast Project. I would imagine they would want their own name and style.

But there can only be one Official something on a site. The rest is secondary.

case28
case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2057

Ahavati said:

Dynamics and dedication ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME DU's NaPoWriMo for ME ME ME. Would I want ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME? Hell ME! I would want ME to continue for ME. NaPo is not JOHNNY. It's ME.

You missed my point about Respect and Appreciation... but before you start sharpening your righteous blade to cut me a new asshole, I thought maybe I should point you in the right direction... it's an Empathy and a Timing thing. Oh, second thoughts, the bit about Respect, I suggest you probably don't want to address that bit, because OBVIOUSLY there were some personality issues there and somebody would have to put their ego aside or we'd be getting personal... and we don't want to do that... so, I'm ready... Press reply... GO!

WAIT! It's probably a good time for Johnny to start warming up his fingers, so he can to the beatdown thing at the end with his keyboard... and then you can both do the high five butt slap thing and say, "fuck yeah, we showed him... Fuck, we're good! NaPo? Fuck yeah, four years, baby!"

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

case28 said:

You missed my point about Respect and Appreciation... but before you start sharpening your righteous blade to cut me a new asshole, I thought maybe I should point you in the right direction... it's an Empathy and a Timing thing. Oh, second thoughts, the bit about Respect, I suggest you probably don't want to address that bit, because OBVIOUSLY there were some personality issues there and somebody would have to put their ego aside or we'd be getting personal... and we don't want to do that... so, I'm ready... Press reply... GO!

WAIT! It's probably a good time for Johnny to start warming up his fingers, so he can to the beatdown thing at the end with his keyboard... and then you can both do the high five butt slap thing and say, "fuck yeah, we showed him... Fuck, we're good! NaPo? Fuck yeah, four years, baby!"

You mean like you're doing now, Case? Damn straight I have zero respect and/or admiration for someone who doesn't disclose their alternate accounts and converse publicly and privately ( as well as those who knew about it ). Which is EXACTLY why I deliberately overlooked those words.

I have no desire to cut you a new asshole, Case. I know you're pissed ( obviously ) and think this is insensitive timing; and your entitled to feel that way and slam your gavel in judgment all you want.

I think we need clarity on what belongs to DU and what doesn't. Perhaps a new thread is in order about DU Official functions so it doesn't seem so insensitive in this one?

My response in this has been due to those who have expressed an interest but feel squashed by certain comments here. Yours being one.

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
66awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 13567

can't just leave it alone no. she forgave you.

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
11awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 2627

In Empathy And Timing ( seriously )

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

lepperochan said:can't just leave it alone no. she forgave you.

Forgave me for what?! Exactly?! Reporting the truth? I need forgiven for that? She should've ASKED forgiveness from EVERYONE for years of deception as an UNDISCLOSED male alternate account!

I forgave her regardless. So YOU leave it alone and stay out of it.

If anyone wants to start another thread in the future, regarding a DU podcast when this *shitstorm* passes, I will support your efforts. In the interim, I need to back out of this 'Old Crowd' vulture fest and focus on poetry.

ThePoetcastProject
ThePoetcastProject
Twisted Dreamer
  profile   poems   message
Joined 28th Mar 2019
Forum Posts: 143

We would just like to clarify the situation with the podcast from a technical level.

The podcast was a collaboration of efforts from Daniel, Ethan, Missy and Eamonn. After Missy spoke to others to try and get a team and an action plan together, we approached the webmiss to offer the idea to the site with a full action plan and a mission for what we wanted to achieve. Therefore although we ran the project for the site, every single thing from the planning, to the music jingles, to the scripts, to the operation of our social media, to the concepts of segments was our collaborative and creative ideas. We made and set up everything ourselves.

In terms of the scale of work, we are unable to “pass the baton” on to another member of the team, purely because there’s a lot of tech and software involved that was covered by Missy. She did the tech side, which is something the rest of the team are not proficient in. Eamonn did help immensely with the tech side when he was with us, but also stepped down a few months back, and we still support and thank him for everything.

A single combined show before we split the project into weekly segments took three straight days to edit, a day to upload and source links, and another full day to organise and arrange the social media side graciously run by Ethan. Plus the additional hours put in in terms of interviews, and managing the segments.

I want to put those stats up to show that this was a labour of love that we did for free. Something we were good at that we offered to the site. Something positive. Something to try and build some bridges, and that was always a mission of this project.

I think a few are missing the point that to “just pass on” is insensitive because it applies we aren’t all in this together. This team is a hard working, amazing team and have gone above and beyond for 18 straight months to try and build bridges with everyone.

I’d like to ask if others would still continue if they suffered the abuse we have (thankfully only from a select minority, most of you are basically wonderful) whilst trying to do a really positive thing. And that’s perspective. And it sucks.

That aside, we can’t thank people enough for the support and the thanks and gratitude we have read in this thread. We are gutted that we feel we can’t continue. And that’s the main point here.

Love to you all.

-TPP

Go to page:
Go to: