Go to page:

DU Podcast Thread

DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Tyrant of Words
United States 36awards
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 239

David_Macleod said:this one was so very entertaining - I LOVED IT!!!

Over the last months of the podcast, it has been a most welcome part of DU with its strict policy on positive inclusion. I have been greatly inspired by all people that I had never read before.

I remember when the Podcast first started and virtually everyone got an invite to participate even those that didn't like the idea. This has been a beacon for positive inclusion shining out a welcoming light to all. Strangely however certain members did not participate for alleged personal reasons. The response to that was they too would get an invite.  

I have heard some recent moans about it from the usual suspects (The Nameless Ones). Every village has an idiot or two who wouldn't know the truth if it bit them on the ass. Let them continue the farmyard muck spreading only a moron would listen to such words.

In my humble opinion, this is the best thing that has hapened to DU since I joined

Keep up the sterling work

Thank you David. It's been a lot of fun making every episode and we're looking forward to what's next. 🙏🏻💖

poet Anonymous

🚨 Episode 26 is live! 🚨

Featuring on air and aware with David_Macleod, a beautiful reverse spotlight by Josh and music from MgAl.

Listen to episode 26 here: https://bit.ly/3mkeyKe

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Our sincere thanks to everyone for their support, their time, their laughter and their tears over the years. After much painful deliberation, this will be our last broadcast. It痴 time to move on to other things.  

I知 afraid we were happy to continue until we received further vile communications. We would at this stage like to remind people that we are merely human.

Our special thanks goes out to the time we spent with Eamonn and Umm on the project. We couldn稚 have done it without you.

No regrets. Be good to each other.

-TPP

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

Good day to you fine people of the Underground

The poetcast project invites you to take part in a one hour special.

we would like to discuss the present crisis we find ourselves ifrom people around the world.

that said, we would like to concentrate on how you feel in your part of the world. we're just about through a pandemic, now it would appear our lives could change dramatically over night

how do you feel about that, about humanity in general: where we are heading rather than how we got here or who got us here

if you would like to take part please get in touch. thanks much

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5601

lepperochan said:Good day to you fine people of the Underground

we would like to discuss the present crisis we find ourselves ifrom people around the world.

that said, we would like to concentrate on how you feel in your part of the world. we're just about through a pandemic, now it would appear our lives could change dramatically over night

how do you feel about that, about humanity in general: where we are heading rather than how we got here or who got us here

If you do a Zoom, I can join in, depending on day and time.  

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 33awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5792

MadameLavender said:

If you do a Zoom, I can join in, depending on day and time.  

Hi Lav.

Let痴 see who wants to get involved, and I値l gladly look into this to see if it痴 possible. It値l depend on the recording side of things I think, but I agree, Zoom is a lot more fluid.

(I知 more of a back seat techy person for this political venture lol)

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Best I can do at this point regarding day and time is to say the thinking is to have it aired mid-march  ...probably some time after Patrick's day because drink and being drunk

time will be tricky but we'll work it out soon as the last few chairs are sitten upon.  I think the program will prove a decent time-capsule thing

thank you, you are all beautiful people ❤

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Thank you for your interest so far, we have about 3 chairs left to fill,  if you feel you might, just do itc

*hat tip*

poet Anonymous

lepperochan said:Thank you for your interest so far, we have about 3 chairs left to fill,  if you feel you might, just do itc

*hat tip*

Refreshments and witty banter will be provided on application. We don稚 bite.  

crimsin
Unveiling
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 25th Jan 2011
Forum Posts: 2641

lepperochan said:Good day to you fine people of the Underground

good morning Eamonn I would like to participate I'm very frightened by what I'm hearing and angry too...I will keep myself informed the best I can until then...I'm not sure I'm the person to weigh in politically but I can share how an everyday person is feeling here the news we get is biased as you know so I feel ill informed...

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1257

crimsin said:

good morning Eamonn I would like to participate I'm very frightened by what I'm hearing and angry too...I will keep myself informed the best I can until then...I'm not sure I'm the person to weigh in politically but I can share how an everyday person is feeling here the news we get is biased as you know so I feel ill informed...

Well to be honest
I think Crim would be breath of air conditioning to any recording studio!

If I may, can we record in Switzerland
Geneva preferably?
I mean it's easier than finding some rusted old tanks and a dude with a tin hat, to protect us here in Africa!

Where do I send my passport copies for transport arrangements?
OMW! Need to get the hair and nails did, for this caliber of stuff!

Hey Crim what color are you wearing? The last thing you and I need is to arrive wearing the same bloody dress again...
remember the last time we did that?
...That bride, was one pissed off lady!

poet Anonymous

Geneva preferably?
I mean it's easier than finding some rusted old tanks and a dude with a tin hat, to protect us here in Africa!

We can稚 record using a tin can and a string, Sir. Have a word with Afrika and see if she値l move a thousand feet to the left for an hour.  We値l slip her a few rand until she obliges. 😎

poet Anonymous

crimsin said:

I致e just sent your interest to Eamonn. He値l probably get it when he regains consciousness. Watch this space.

crimsin
Unveiling
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 25th Jan 2011

RevolutionAL said:

Well to be honest
I think Crim would be breath of air conditioning to any recording studio!

Geneva preferably?

Where do I send my passport copies for transport arrangements?
OMW! Need to get the hair and nails did, for this caliber of stuff!

Hey Crim what color are you wearing? The last thing you and I need is to arrive wearing the same bloody dress again...
remember the last time we did that?
...That bride, was one pissed off lady!

you're hilarious Al I'm wearing red today...I think it will be a really great thing talking about this I know it will ease my fears if anything just admitting I'm afraid...I believe as humans we are connected on an unseen level what is happening is horrific and I see greed smiling behind it all....

crimsin
Unveiling
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 25th Jan 2011

ThePoetcastProject said:

I致e just sent your interest to Eamonn. He値l probably get it when he regains consciousness. Watch this space.

thank you very much

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 10awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1172

Urgh, dammit, I've been trying to talk myself out of this for days but it keeps coming back at me....so if there's still spots to fill, I guess I could give it a shot. I'm not knowledgeable, but I am a person living in this shitty world right now, maybe that counts for something. The opportunity to hang out & chat with you fine people sounds fun (despite subject matter), if I can make the day & time work. Will do my best not to say anything too horrendously dumb. Yikes.

Go to page:
Go to: