DanielChristensen
DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Tyrant of Words
United States
21awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 117

David_Macleod said:this one was so very entertaining - I LOVED IT!!!

Over the last months of the podcast, it has been a most welcome part of DU with its strict policy on positive inclusion. I have been greatly inspired by all people that I had never read before.

I remember when the Podcast first started and virtually everyone got an invite to participate even those that didn't like the idea. This has been a beacon for positive inclusion shining out a welcoming light to all. Strangely however certain members did not participate for alleged personal reasons. The response to that was they too would get an invite.  

I have heard some recent moans about it from the usual suspects (The Nameless Ones). Every village has an idiot or two who wouldn't know the truth if it bit them on the ass. Let them continue the farmyard muck spreading only a moron would listen to such words.

In my humble opinion, this is the best thing that has hapened to DU since I joined

Keep up the sterling work

Thank you David. It's been a lot of fun making every episode and we're looking forward to what's next. 🙏🏻💖

ThePoetcastProject
ThePoetcastProject
Twisted Dreamer
  profile   poems   message
Joined 28th Mar 2019
Forum Posts: 143

🚨 Episode 26 is live! 🚨

Featuring on air and aware with David_Macleod, a beautiful reverse spotlight by Josh and music from MgAl.

Listen to episode 26 here: https://bit.ly/3mkeyKe

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Our sincere thanks to everyone for their support, their time, their laughter and their tears over the years. After much painful deliberation, this will be our last broadcast. It痴 time to move on to other things.  

I知 afraid we were happy to continue until we received further vile communications. We would at this stage like to remind people that we are merely human.

Our special thanks goes out to the time we spent with Eamonn and Umm on the project. We couldn稚 have done it without you.

No regrets. Be good to each other.

-TPP

paperstains
paperstains
Thought Provoker
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th May 2017
Forum Posts: 55

ThePoetcastProject said:
I知 afraid we were happy to continue until we received further vile communications. We would at this stage like to remind people that we are merely human.

I'm sorry that the negativity ruined this good thing, that you had to deal with that. I know it takes a toll. Thanks for all the work you've done putting this together over the years. Thank you for letting me be a small part of it.

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
  profile   poems   message
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 1782

ThePoetcastProject said:🚨 Episode 26 is live! 🚨

Featuring on air and aware with David_Macleod, a beautiful reverse spotlight by Josh and music from MgAl.

Listen to episode 26 here: https://bit.ly/3mkeyKe

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Our sincere thanks to everyone for their support, their time, their laughter and their tears over the years. After much painful deliberation, this will be our last broadcast. It痴 time to move on to other things.  

Our special thanks goes out to the time we spent with Eamonn and Umm on the project. We couldn稚 have done it without you.

No regrets. Be good to each other.

-TPP

I don't even know what to say, I'm also sad the podcast is over, but at the same time... I understand. Thank you to Missy for being the amazing & talented poet she is & for creating this awesome project & addition to the site <3
...it had a good run & I will always cherish the memory of helping start it up with you guys & watching it flourish.

LunaGreyhawk
LunaGreyhawk
Fire of Insight
United States
5awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 214

This makes me incredibly sad.  I enjoyed the podcast and really loved hearing from the poets here; it gave us all more dimension and a deeper understanding of the humanity involved behind the screens and keyboards.  Such a shame to lose that.  Thank you for all the work that you all put into making it such an interesting and entertaining outlet, and for making noobs like me feel right at home.  Much peace and continued success in all your individual endeavors 💜.  

Magdalena
Magdalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales
59awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2739

It's pretty shit that it has come to this. The Podcast was such a positive aspect of this site. And I get why you are letting it go, because life is just not worth all of the unnecessary drama and the effect it has on so many emotionally.

I hate conflict.  I have grandchildren who behave and treat people better than people in here. It is shameful, yet there is no shame. Indifference comes easy to me these past years. I'm putting the forums on mute for a while.

Sorry that what is going on has had such a negative outcome on the podcast.

Thank you for all the work and many hours put into this project. It was fantastic. Wishing you all great things for the future. "Missy, Daniel, Lepp and BB"

Josh
Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Portugal
35awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 789

A very sad loss.
I have watched/listened to the PoetCastProject grow from tentative beginnings over 18 months to where it is now - demonstrating an awareness to change what didn't work so well and surf a very steep learning curve.
I take my hat off to all those involved, especially Missy as the driving force, and hope that all the boundless creative energy of the team finds outlets that lead to an even greater sense of personal achievement and fulfilment.

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

It doesn't need to stop.  
I believe it enhanced the site and added interest in discovering members, poets who otherwise remained anonymous behind their avatar or their profiles.  All the work invested in didn't go unnoticed.
The remaining members on that project can pick up where it has left off.  I would assume everyone is an adult, mature enough to distinguish emotional storm vs. logic.  This is not high school that if a friend is upset our whole world feels like it will crumble.  That without them we wouldn't exist.
As adults we have learned that life goes on and we do things for our passion and growth and not necessarily to accomadate every emotional turmoil.  
I completely understand support, care, listening, giving someone a shoulder to cry, to be a friend but to actually abandon creative outlet, project, process to cater a disagreement between some parties is complete nonsense and childish.
But then again, this is my opinion, each to its own.
I did enjoy the project while it lasted.

Tallen
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
30awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 1763

Layla said:It doesn't need to stop.  
I believe it enhanced the site and added interest in discovering members, poets who otherwise remained anonymous behind their avatar or their profiles.  All the work invested in didn't go unnoticed.
The remaining members on that project can pick up where it has left off.  I would assume everyone is an adult, mature enough to distinguish emotional storm vs. logic.  This is not high school that if a friend is upset our whole world feels like it will crumble.  That without them we wouldn't exist.
As adults we have learned that life goes on and we do things for our passion and growth and not necessarily to accomadate every emotional turmoil.  
I completely understand support, care, listening, giving someone a shoulder to cry, to be a friend but to actually abandon creative outlet, project, process to cater a disagreement between some parties is complete nonsense and childish.

Agree with Layla, here.
Can not a new Guard of Podcast Facilitators be given the torch to?

i've always looked forward to listening to members who i didn't know or know that well.

Each Podcast has been entertaining.

i felt it gave DUP distinction & separated us from all the other Poetry sites out there in online land.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
89awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7460

Layla said:It doesn't need to stop.  

Agrees. I mean surely NaPo wouldn't cease if I got my panties in a wad and stomped off the site? On the contrary, it's why we have a team葉o carry on in case someone leaves.

Since when is the podcast more important than the feelings of members who have been attacked? Some of you are lamenting a damn feature over the feelings of actual people. No wonder they feel as though they don't matter.

Perspective here.

brokentitanium
brokentitanium
k.
Dangerous Mind
Canada
4awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 291

Well, shit. That's a pity. I really enjoyed listening - the podcast had a quirky wit and obvious love of poetry. (Furthermore, I was looking forward to having my chance on there, but that's beside the point!)

On one level I agree it could continue, but there's no avoiding the fact it would be vastly different, and possibly not at all the podcast we've come to love. And, since I'm not offering to step up and do it myself (I've neither the time nor the skill), I'm not going to insist someone else take on such a massive labour of love for free.

So, best of luck to you all in future projects and thanks for all that you did. You created a really awesome thing and I'll miss it. Internet culture just got in the way. Blessings on your journeys!

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
66awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 13567

This was quite a privilege. all the episodes map a slow recovery from addiction. I know its cliche, but I don't think I'd have done it without the podcast to focus on

I'm proud enough of it to let my friends listen to it, they think it's great stuff.

things come and go on the site, I dont think it'd be hyperbolic to say as far as projects go, this one reached levels. salute to everyone who took part. only onetime before has so much been owed to so few. and by few I mean plenty

I appreciate the opportunity and am glad I could contribute. I think we should celebrate this project.  salute you all. may it rock in lpeace

much thanks to the webmiss for all her support and encouragement throughout. I salute you two

Eamonn out

Magdalena
Magdalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales
59awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2739

Sorry Lepp, I missed your name out on my post. Put it there now. Shame on me, especially as it was me you got to interview first.  

ImperfectedStone
ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom
28awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Oct 2010
Forum Posts: 1344

I loved being part of it, nervous as hell, all needs accommodated, supported even if didn't deserve it, inclusive without issue. It was a great thing I was lucky to be included in. I know how much talent and time it took all of you and thank you for pouring that into it. 💚

Viddax
Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom
24awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6534

Well shit. Another light snuffed out.

I cannot express how good the podcast was; what it meant to listen to it and to also be on it. I completely understand that the reigns cannot just be handed over: that however does not fill the void left behind.

Go to page:
Go to: