Official DU Podcast Thread

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
66awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 13591

Cheers very much, Socks. lookin forward to your participations sans lurking, haha

Gahddess_Worship
Gahddess_Worship
Tyrant of Words
United States
33awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 21st Aug 2013
Forum Posts: 601

Episode 12 of the PoetCast is spectacular. Risky Quizness alone was well worth the price of admission...free.

Strong language was a profoundly emotional sequence and I appreciate all the voices represented.

Calamity Gin's "While snapping green beans " touches me deep. Her delivery with that beautiful Southern lilt evokes memories of many Southern women that have influenced my life since we began our Southern journey in South Carolina and now Texas.  The poem stirred thoughts of my wife's North Carolina aunts, most of whom are gone. They left a legacy of love and the topic of cooking is so evocative of the nurturing I have felt from these women.

Risky Quizzness was meh. Oh hell no it was a blast to hang with these folks, But who was the deep voiced dufus that kept giggling and at times out-in-out guffawing? I found that very distracting. I expected Missy to scream “Enough with that blasted mallard!! I'd say fun was had by all but especially me. BTW, I let her win....and I've got this big, reddish-orange bridge for sale in San Francisco.

Okay, StevenyPrince's wind-chime, Summer breezy voice is Nirvana personified and I don't mean Cobain's bunch. The words and rendering of "You know I loved you" are so very romantic...when I read the title all I could think is no duh.

Grace is a multifaceted magical gemstone, Graceite I think it's called. What a breadth of writing experience. I may wander over and start playing with words. I don't know that I'd ever heard her language…it is beautiful. I used to read her often but in the last few years I have...well I've fallen from Grace. I will repent. I was very pleased to have started my illustrious career in life in the self-same way as Grace, a dishwasher. I laughed at Eammon’s interrogatory, “can you repeat that, who did you read first?”

I’ve had a love affair with Layla’s poetry since before she was Layla. She’s had me on my knees in awe for years 😊 the poem, “Geography”, so beautifully read by Daniel, is illustrative of the truly transcendent experience of reading Layla’s masterworks.

Case’s “Untouched” is a many layered mystical menagerie, incidentally the first title of “Magical Mysytery Tour.” (kidding lawyers). I will have to reread to better experience it’s depth.

The bloopers are the lickable bits of icing that are left on the plate after the cake has been eaten.

Tutti bravissimo!! 😊

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
66awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 13591

..it was much fun trying to convince you to win, haha. please come back again, good fellow of the bobbing

DanielChristensen
DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Tyrant of Words
United States
21awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 117

Gahddess_Worship said:Episode 12 of the PoetCast is spectacular. Risky Quizness alone was well worth the price of admission...free.

Strong language was a profoundly emotional sequence and I appreciate all the voices represented.

Calamity Gin's "While snapping green beans " touches me deep. Her delivery with that beautiful Southern lilt evokes memories of many Southern women that have influenced my life since we began our Southern journey in South Carolina and now Texas.  The poem stirred thoughts of my wife's North Carolina aunts, most of whom are gone. They left a legacy of love and the topic of cooking is so evocative of the nurturing I have felt from these women.

Risky Quizzness was meh. Oh hell no it was a blast to hang with these folks, But who was the deep voiced dufus that kept giggling and at times out-in-out guffawing? I found that very distracting. I expected Missy to scream “Enough with that blasted mallard!! I'd say fun was had by all but especially me. BTW, I let her win....and I've got this big, reddish-orange bridge for sale in San Francisco.

Okay, StevenyPrince's wind-chime, Summer breezy voice is Nirvana personified and I don't mean Cobain's bunch. The words and rendering of "You know I loved you" are so very romantic...when I read the title all I could think is no duh.

Grace is a multifaceted magical gemstone, Graceite I think it's called. What a breadth of writing experience. I may wander over and start playing with words. I don't know that I'd ever heard her language…it is beautiful. I used to read her often but in the last few years I have...well I've fallen from Grace. I will repent. I was very pleased to have started my illustrious career in life in the self-same way as Grace, a dishwasher. I laughed at Eammon’s interrogatory, “can you repeat that, who did you read first?”

I’ve had a love affair with Layla’s poetry since before she was Layla. She’s had me on my knees in awe for years 😊 the poem, “Geography”, so beautifully read by Daniel, is illustrative of the truly transcendent experience of reading Layla’s masterworks.

Case’s “Untouched” is a many layered mystical menagerie, incidentally the first title of “Magical Mysytery Tour.” (kidding lawyers). I will have to reread to better experience it’s depth.

The bloopers are the lickable bits of icing that are left on the plate after the cake has been eaten.

Tutti bravissimo!! 😊

Ah thank you so much brother. RQ was a blast and it was great getting to know you in our after chat. I'm with Eamonn, we were rooting for you. End Missy's reign! She's an unstoppable tea fueled pagan force!

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
106awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 9239

Gahddess_Worship said:Episode 12 of the PoetCast is spectacular. Risky Quizness alone was well worth the price of admission...free.

Tutti bravissimo!! 😊

Ahhh cheers Bob. It was a blast having you on as a worthy competitor!

Viddax
Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom
24awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6534

Congratulations on the 1 year anniversary: here is to many, many more in your illustrious company and under better circumstances!
I unfortunately could not find the right words or message to commemorate the occasion, so silence it was while enraptured by the podcast. (Might start scraping my praise-barrel bottom if you keep the quality up!)

It was very insightful to hear about Grace: always an intriguing dive into the depths with these interviews and spotlights.

Personally I did not like the 'strong Language' poems. Not for their style, but for their themes and expression; and by that I mean that such injustice,unfairness and bleakness can exist. The poems definitely elicited strong feelings for me, so there is no question about their art or purpose!

DanielChristensen
DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Tyrant of Words
United States
21awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 117

Viddax said:Congratulations on the 1 year anniversary: here is to many, many more in your illustrious company and under better circumstances!
I unfortunately could not find the right words or message to commemorate the occasion, so silence it was while enraptured by the podcast. (Might start scraping my praise-barrel bottom if you keep the quality up!)

It was very insightful to hear about Grace: always an intriguing dive into the depths with these interviews and spotlights.

Personally I did not like the 'strong Language' poems. Not for their style, but for their themes and expression; and by that I mean that such injustice,unfairness and bleakness can exist. The poems definitely elicited strong feelings for me, so there is no question about their art or purpose!

Thank you so much brother. We really appreciate the interest, honest feedback and hope you'll be joining us for more shenanigans in the future.

ThePoetcastProject
ThePoetcastProject
Twisted Dreamer
  profile   poems   message
Joined 28th Mar 2019
Forum Posts: 143

🚨 Episode 13 is live! 🚨

Today is the start of us bringing you the podcast in a brand new way. Several short snippets over the month instead of one long show, meaning the snippets are more convenient to listen too.

This episode features our Strong Language segment with The_Silly_Sibyl and a reading from the winner of our “Where do you bloom?” competition, Eerie.

Listen to the new episode here: https://bit.ly/3hEwvRB

hgnichols
hgnichols
Harry Nichols
Thought Provoker
United States
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 41

This is gonna be dope. Can't wait to listen!

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
Joined 26th June 2011

hgnichols said:This is gonna be dope. Can't wait to listen!

Huzzah! Thank you 🙏🏻

souladareatease
souladareatease
Tyrant of Words
United States
29awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 28th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 5085

In the mist of the now
Thank You Gal N Guys for this Greatness!!!

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
Joined 26th June 2011

souladareatease said:In the mist of the now
Thank You Gal N Guys for this Greatness!!!

You’re welcome :)

DaisyGrace
DaisyGrace
Fire of Insight
United States
6awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 504

I like the shorter snippets! Much easier to listen. I look forward to the rest of this month's installments!

Well done!

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
Joined 26th June 2011

DaisyGrace said:I like the shorter snippets! Much easier to listen. I look forward to the rest of this month's installments!

Well done!

Thank you Enjoy!

anna_grin
anna_grin
grin
Dangerous Mind
13awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 1551

oh i have so many of these to catch up on... perfect lockdown listening

Go to page:
Go to: