Go to page:

DU Podcast Thread

poet Anonymous

Really impressed with the readings this month. All three were stellar. More of that please! 🌟

I’d like to take a moment to mention the bloopers reel... I still listen to that when I’m having a bad day for a giggle 😂

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
souladareatease
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 28th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 5085

Meant to give shout out to Calamity and Case

You guys do top-notch work (hence why I follow Ya)
What was contributed to the show was absolutely brilliant.
Case Your production is always killer My Friend!!!
Calamity, with that Write it was the first time I was able to experience a Reading from You.

I'm weird about Readings guys...I just don't really like them.
I prefer to hear in my own head on how it should feel....
THEN
There are those damn exceptions.......certain folk who turn it into art and Craft...such Greatness cannot be denied-That's where You two are...
Painting masterpieces!!!
So thank You for doing what You Do!!!
Outstanding Work!!!

DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Tyrant of Words
United States 36awards
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 239

souladareatease said:Meant to give shout out to Calamity and Case

You guys do top-notch work (hence why I follow Ya)
What was contributed to the show was absolutely brilliant.
Case Your production is always killer My Friend!!!
Calamity, with that Write it was the first time I was able to experience a Reading from You.

I'm weird about Readings guys...I just don't really like them.
I prefer to hear in my own head on how it should feel....
THEN
There are those damn exceptions.......certain folk who turn it into art and Craft...such Greatness cannot be denied-That's where You two are...
Painting masterpieces!!!
So thank You for doing what You Do!!!
Outstanding Work!!!

Thank you Gabe. We really appreciate you and everyone participating and listening. Hoping more of our friends on site will get into a segment or two with us.

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

DanielChristensen said:

Thank you Umm. 😊 We appreciate you and everyone here. When are you going to join us for a segment? Want to be on Risky Quizness perhaps? Missy is sharpening her sword for the next beheading.

That sounded ominous. Missy is preparing a lovely tea set for a nice chat.

Hey 😄
(Apologies for the late reply)

.. it's actually perfect that you asked that ..a few days ago I took a little step towards getting over the fear of having my voice recorded. I'm not ready to jump into doing a podcast just yet, but for the first time in my life, it actually feels like a possibility/something I could do in the future ^-^

& Happy belated birthday to the Podcast! 🎂💕

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

Great to have your support and encouragement, lady. I think its fantastic you're thinking to record yourself. having heard your voice I can say with conviction it is beautiful, which is fortunate, because it matches your person. I look forward to hearing you down the line

thanks much for your praise  ...we deserve it, haha. I jest ..mostly

have a good day, lady  

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

Excellent as always - lifted my spirits even during lockdown - truly a difficult thing to achieve

I am not really a fan of most of the classic poems (So-Called) But I listened intently to the bad language section - it was enlightening

Rick,....
AKA
Howard,.......

poet Anonymous

David_Macleod said:Excellent as always - lifted my spirits even during lockdown - truly a difficult thing to achieve

I am not really a fan of most of the classic poems (So-Called) But I listened intently to the bad language section - it was enlightening

Rick,....
AKA
Howard,.......

I’m not a massive fan of the term classic either... I prefer the term “other writers”

Mainly because the term classic (and this is my own personal view and not aimed at anyone in any way, shape or form) implies that writers in history are more worthy or seasoned than writers today. And what I like about the Strong Language segment is that beautiful balance you get between older writers and newer writers, and realising how words are still so relevant today in this revolutionary age that we are living in.

So yeah. Good job on all fronts there. It’s a segment I personally enjoy.

:)

souladareatease
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 28th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 5085

Miss_Sub said:

I’m not a massive fan of the term classic either... I prefer the term “other writers”

Mainly because the term classic (and this is my own personal view and not aimed at anyone in any way, shape or form) implies that writers in history are more worthy or seasoned than writers today. And what I like about the Strong Language segment is that beautiful balance you get between older writers and newer writers, and realising how words are still so relevant today in this revolutionary age that we are living in.

So yeah. Good job on all fronts there. It’s a segment I personally enjoy.

Very worthy...I truly enjoyed it as well...it was different too
Exposure to such things can be rare...so thank You!!!

Gahddess_Worship
Osomajestuoso
Tyrant of Words
United States 37awards
Joined 21st Aug 2013
Forum Posts: 817

Miss_Sub said:

...words are still so relevant today in this revolutionary age that we are living in.

Well put. Every age has its troubadours.

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

I just posted this (below) in the page itself and I will post it here too.
Thanks again for all the hard work, It shows how well each and every episode is put together so professionally and completely.  Happy anniversary and I hope this second year will be even greater.

(Wonderful way to start the 2nd year and Happy Anniversary to the poetcast project, the team and all the guests who have made each and every episode memorable.  May the second year be even more successful.  
Thank you very much for featuring my poem in this edition.  Daniel, your reading and the critique blew me away.  You are a master at this utilizing your natural talent in interpreting any poem in such a way that leaves even the creator in awe.  I much enjoyed Grace's interview and most definitely the poem in her native tongue.  The vids by Jen and Case were a great addition and most definitely the last part of bloopers were much enjoyed.
Par excellence all around.)

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

... you should probably know I’m pretty age ignorant and I’m also blind as a bat behind these glasses. Though Specsavers love me because I keep their business afloat... 😂

Missy DeMeanour... offending DU members since... fkn forever...apparently... hehe!

Glad you enjoy the show and so warned to hear you enjoyed it. As we’ve mentioned in the open mic thread, the way we are releasing the podcast is changing a little bit. But hopefully it will make it all more accessible for yas.

Happy days!

poet Anonymous

Layla said:I just posted this (below) in the page itself and I will post it here too.
Thanks again for all the hard work, It shows how well each and every episode is put together so professionally and completely.  Happy anniversary and I hope this second year will be even greater.

(Wonderful way to start the 2nd year and Happy Anniversary to the poetcast project, the team and all the guests who have made each and every episode memorable.  May the second year be even more successful.  
Thank you very much for featuring my poem in this edition.  Daniel, your reading and the critique blew me away.  You are a master at this utilizing your natural talent in interpreting any poem in such a way that leaves even the creator in awe.  I much enjoyed Grace's interview and most definitely the poem in her native tongue.  The vids by Jen and Case were a great addition and most definitely the last part of bloopers were much enjoyed.
Par excellence all around.)

Awesome to hear your feedback on this and we were very chuffed to feature your poem a little. Daniel always does an excellent job with his choices

Have a lovely day

DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Tyrant of Words
United States 36awards
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 239

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

lol I often spit that poem by Tennyson at poor random people I encounter like in queue at the grocer or waiting at a stoplight, either on foot or in a motor vehicle.

Thank you so much Socks. 💖🙏

Go to page:
Go to: